Mid-Season Mock offseason

atljbo

FreeAgency

6’1 193lbs CB Leigh Bodden

We all wanted Leigh Bodden but we could not have gone after him because it would have affected our compensatory picks….Leigh Boddent is the physical type CB that TD and Coach Smith wants. Thomas Dimitroff will lock Bodden down to a 4 year deal.

6’0 190lbs CB Carlos Rogers

I fully expect TD to attack the CB position and Carlos Rogers will be the last piece…. Carlos Rogers is a big physical CB that can play man and cover 2….. Another 4 year deal

*** I honestly believe that Thomas Dimitroff will attack the CB position next off season….. Bodden and Rogers should not cost allot of money…The Patriots signed 2 CBs during FA next year and we will do the sage this year**

NFL DRAFT

We will trade our 1st round for a high/mid 2nd and 3rd round pick.

2nd round: 6’6 315lbs LT/RT Jason Fox

Think of Sam Baker but a little bigger and a little more of a mean streak…. This is our future RT….. Jason Fox freshman and junior seasons, he did not allow a single sack… During his sophomore year Jason Fox graded out at 96%..... But like Sam Baker, Jason Fox has dealt with minor injuries throughout his college career (only missed one game tho) ….. Jason Fox has the foot work to easily play LT but we will play Fox at RT to give us 2 bookends at OT… Sam Baker and Jason Fox (similar to the ravens Jared Gaither and Michael Oher)…. Jason Fox is the Leader on the U’s roster…. We all know how TD love leadership in his draft picks. (Graded out at 97 percent in 2008 and 96 percent in 2007 while tallying 21 pancake blocks the last two seasons as the full-time starter at left tackle)

3rd round: 6’2 300lbs D''Anthony Smith

Jonathan Babineaux 2.0 ….. D.Ant creates instant penetration up the middle and is also stout against the run… Smith has that country strong thing going on but dude is also very quick for a guy his size…. Ive looked at our past games and the DE’s were not the problem… The problem was the lack of pressure up the middle… QB’s just stepped up in the pocket when the DE’s attacked off the edge…. We will now have a rotation with nothing but starting caliber DT’s (Babs, Peria Jerry, D''Anthony Smith, JA98)

3rd round: 6’3 230lbs LB Kam Chancellor

This guy best position is LB…. Kam is fast, aggressive, strong, great tackler, and good in the box coverage… I really think Kam Chancellor can be a impact LB similar to Thomas Davis.

4th round: 6’1 215lbs WR Taylor Price

A speedy WR….. Price can stretch the field and also make the hard catches up the middle… A good slot WR with potential to be a #2 WR… Price can also return kicks…..** I was told that the GM and Coaching Staff is not happy with Michael Jenkins… They want to have a Colts type situation here and Jenkins is not Wayne or Harrison**

4th round: (compensatory): ): 6’6 265bs DE Austen Lane

Thomas Dimitroff has done it again…. First Kroy Biermann, then Lawrence Sidbury, and now his latest FCS DE gem is Austen Lane….. Austen Lane is another high-motor speed rusher but he also has the body to become a complete DE…. Austen Lane was a complete beast last year.. Lane produced 6’3 Tackles, 22 Tackles for Loss,12 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles…… Austen Lane is raw like Sidbury so he will come in as a pure pass rusher for now…. His upside is ridiculous…. His body easily can hold 275lbs and not lose any speed…… They call this guy the FCS version of Michael Johnson (Meaning that he is a freakish athlete).

5th round: 6'4 250lbs TE Dedrick Epps

I really like this guy…. Dedrick Epps is a really good blocker for his size and the guy can definitely stretch the field…. Give Dedrick 2 years learning from Tony G…… Epps can be a impact TE in the NFL.

5th round (compensatory): 6’5 315lbs C/G Erik Cook

One of the most under-rated Lineman in the country…. Cook defiantly has what it takes to be a start in the NFL at Center or Guard one day.

6th round: : 6'1 200lbs K Aaron Pettrey

Its about time for us to start thinking about a younger kicker (not just because elam is missing kicks…. His age mainly and injuries) ….. Aaron Pettrey has a rocket on his leg… I’ve seen Aaron Pettrey make a 54 yard field goal with ease….. Aaron is a pretty accurate kicker and he can also do kickoffs (Averaged 62.9 yards per kickoff in 2008 with 13 touchbacks)

I remember hearing Thomas Dimitroff saying that the one thing that surprise him during is GM reign is how much freeagent O-Lineman cost…. TD will build our O-line thru the draft….

FreeAgency

6’1 193lbs CB Leigh Bodden

We all wanted Leigh Bodden but we could not have gone after him because it would have affected our compensatory picks….Leigh Boddent is the physical type CB that TD and Coach Smith wants. Thomas Dimitroff will lock Bodden down to a 4 year deal.

6’0 190lbs CB Carlos Rogers

I fully expect TD to attack the CB position and Carlos Rogers will be the last piece…. Carlos Rogers is a big physical CB that can play man and cover 2….. Another 4 year deal

*** I honestly believe that Thomas Dimitroff will attack the CB position next off season….. Bodden and Rogers should not cost allot of money…The Patriots signed 2 CBs during FA next year and we will do the sage this year**

NFL DRAFT

We will trade our 1st round for a high/mid 2nd and 3rd round pick.

2nd round: 6’6 315lbs LT/RT Jason Fox

Think of Sam Baker but a little bigger and a little more of a mean streak…. This is our future RT….. Jason Fox freshman and junior seasons, he did not allow a single sack… During his sophomore year Jason Fox graded out at 96%..... But like Sam Baker, Jason Fox has dealt with minor injuries throughout his college career (only missed one game tho) ….. Jason Fox has the foot work to easily play LT but we will play Fox at RT to give us 2 bookends at OT… Sam Baker and Jason Fox (similar to the ravens Jared Gaither and Michael Oher)…. Jason Fox is the Leader on the U’s roster…. We all know how TD love leadership in his draft picks. (Graded out at 97 percent in 2008 and 96 percent in 2007 while tallying 21 pancake blocks the last two seasons as the full-time starter at left tackle)

3rd round: 6’2 300lbs D''Anthony Smith

Jonathan Babineaux 2.0 ….. D.Ant creates instant penetration up the middle and is also stout against the run… Smith has that country strong thing going on but dude is also very quick for a guy his size…. Ive looked at our past games and the DE’s were not the problem… The problem was the lack of pressure up the middle… QB’s just stepped up in the pocket when the DE’s attacked off the edge…. We will now have a rotation with nothing but starting caliber DT’s (Babs, Peria Jerry, D''Anthony Smith, JA98)

3rd round: 6’3 230lbs LB Kam Chancellor

This guy best position is LB…. Kam is fast, aggressive, strong, great tackler, and good in the box coverage… I really think Kam Chancellor can be a impact LB similar to Thomas Davis.

A speedy WR….. Price can stretch the field and also make the hard catches up the middle… A good slot WR with potential to be a #2 WR… Price can also return kicks…..** I was told that the GM and Coaching Staff is not happy with Michael Jenkins… They want to have a Colts type situation here and Jenkins is not Wayne or Harrison**

4th round: (compensatory): ): 6’6 265bs DE Austen Lane

Thomas Dimitroff has done it again…. First Kroy Biermann, then Lawrence Sidbury, and now his latest FCS DE gem is Austen Lane….. Austen Lane is another high-motor speed rusher but he also has the body to become a complete DE…. Austen Lane was a complete beast last year.. Lane produced 6’3 Tackles, 22 Tackles for Loss,12 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles…… Austen Lane is raw like Sidbury so he will come in as a pure pass rusher for now…. His upside is ridiculous…. His body easily can hold 275lbs and not lose any speed…… They call this guy the FCS version of Michael Johnson (Meaning that he is a freakish athlete).

5th round: 6'4 250lbs TE Dedrick Epps

I really like this guy…. Dedrick Epps is a really good blocker for his size and the guy can definitely stretch the field…. Give Dedrick 2 years learning from Tony G…… Epps can be a impact TE in the NFL.

5th round (compensatory): 6’5 315lbs C/G Erik Cook

One of the most under-rated Lineman in the country…. Cook defiantly has what it takes to be a start in the NFL at Center or Guard one day.

6th round: : 6'1 200lbs K Aaron Pettrey

Its about time for us to start thinking about a younger kicker (not just because elam is missing kicks…. His age mainly and injuries) ….. Aaron Pettrey has a rocket on his leg… I’ve seen Aaron Pettrey make a 54 yard field goal with ease….. Aaron is a pretty accurate kicker and he can also do kickoffs (Averaged 62.9 yards per kickoff in 2008 with 13 touchbacks)

I remember hearing Thomas Dimitroff saying that the one thing that surprise him during is GM reign is how much freeagent O-Lineman cost…. TD will build our O-line thru the draft….

Good draft man. I see you went extra heavy on the CB FA signings. I agree that we wont see any FA OL signed this offseason, given how expensive they are. I wouldnt mind going earlier at the DE position, instead of taking another project. I seem to think that given the play of Vance Walker, JA98, Thomas Johnson that we really wont be drafting a DT, unless JA98 is a short term solution. I think that if Vance Walker can continue to play well then we may not see much more of Trey Lewis. I like Fox, but I like Chris Scott at RT more especially given that he is a bigger OLineman with enough quickness to play RT, but can also move to guard. I dont mind getting a Kicker but i do fell like instead of getting a OLB maybe you can substitue that for a RB that has a little more shiftyness than Snelling and Turner, but more power than Norwood and Smith.

Good draft man. I see you went extra heavy on the CB FA signings. I agree that we wont see any FA OL signed this offseason, given how expensive they are. I wouldnt mind going earlier at the DE position, instead of taking another project. I seem to think that given the play of Vance Walker, JA98, Thomas Johnson that we really wont be drafting a DT, unless JA98 is a short term solution. I think that if Vance Walker can continue to play well then we may not see much more of Trey Lewis. I like Fox, but I like Chris Scott at RT more especially given that he is a bigger OLineman with enough quickness to play RT, but can also move to guard. I dont mind getting a Kicker but i do fell like instead of getting a OLB maybe you can substitue that for a RB that has a little more shiftyness than Snelling and Turner, but more power than Norwood and Smith.

I know you guys are high on Scott but yooo... We need OT's similar to the ravens.... We need 2 strong LT's.... We cant have a weakness on our team..... Teams are starting to line their best pass rushers against the RT....

Jason Fox plays with a mean streak like a RT but he has the feet of a LT.

I know you guys are high on Scott but yooo... We need OT's similar to the ravens.... We need 2 strong LT's.... We cant have a weakness on our team..... Teams are starting to line their best pass rushers against the RT....

Jason Fox plays with a mean streak like a RT but he has the feet of a LT.

I Can understand that my good man, but maybe he can put on a few pounds or get stronger to be better suited to handle the Bull rush that bigger LDE will try to do. I still think that Scott is no slouch but he will fall under the rader, but maybe not especially after the Senior Bowl if he is invited

I went back and watched the Ohio Vs Tenn game to get a look at Price. I really his toughness. He took a huge shot over the middle but bounced right back up. He is a competitor, I just wished the QB he played with was a better passer, because he missed Price a few times when he was wide open. He made one of Tenn CB look bad on one route he ran. I also like that he is a very solid blocker. He would be a great addition to our WR core and can really add some needed speed to our WR Core.

Not much really to say except how much I love this mock.

Addresses almost of our needs (LDE might be a need) with good players - what more can you ask?

Particular love for Jason Fox - I don't think there's anything wrong with a line of three bruisers on the interior (potentially Blalock @ 330lbs, Clabo @ 330lbs and Cook @ 315lbs - that's a good amount of beef) with skillful players at both tackle slots. You could certainly run behind that line, and Matt wouldn't look quite as jumpy in the pocket as he has in the last two games with an upgraded level of protection from two slots on the right side.

Only question is on Kam Chancellor - why and more importantly how are you projecting him to OLB? I admit I haven't watched all the VT games but he strikes me as an in-the-box SS (I know they've kind of fallen out of fashion but there is still some demand).

What beyond looking at size/speed combination makes him stand out for transition - when Davis was at Georgia he was playing up quite a lot (used to get lots of sacks etc.) and many analysts said he was a likely candidate for conversion to WLB - do they say the same thing about Chancellor?