First Post (Saints Fan)

moraink

I have been a long time reader on this site but finally decided to get a login and password so bare with me. I am very surprised on the negativity on the board especialy toward your QB. Does anyone realize he only has a season and a half under his belt? He will make mistakes because he is still learning. I think comparing him already to Peyton Manning already is a bit premature. I for one, as a whole, have been very impressed with his play. I think ya'll have something very special with him, just give him a little time. Matter of fact, you have to give the entire team time. Atlanta was a 5 win team before Ryan was drafted. Last year, you all enjoyed some success but I will say, coming from a Saints fan, usually when we have a coaching changeover, we enjoy success that following year but usually come back to reality the year after, but hey, look at us now.

Now, for last nights game, I was a typical Atlanta-New Orleans game that really was not decided until the end. I believe there were questionable calls on both ends but that is with every football game. It is what it is, we as fans sometimes just has to deal with it. I have seen posts on here about "What ifs", but the same could be said on the Saints side of the ball. For instance, Brees INT, Grimes jumped out of no where. Chances are, the Saints were going to come away with points had that not happened. As I said, it is what it is, and I think we will be battling you guys for the remainder of the year because I believe Miami and Atlanta has given a blue print to rattle Brees...bring pressure from the middle. Oh, and another thing, for those who think the refs were on the Saints side, the Saints had 3 more penalties and 40 more yards. Anyway, I am looking forward to playing you all in your place on the 13th of December! Good luck until then!

I have been a long time reader on this site but finally decided to get a login and password so bare with me. I am very surprised on the negativity on the board especialy toward your QB. Does anyone realize he only has a season and a half under his belt? He will make mistakes because he is still learning. I think comparing him already to Peyton Manning already is a bit premature. I for one, as a whole, have been very impressed with his play. I think ya'll have something very special with him, just give him a little time. Matter of fact, you have to give the entire team time. Atlanta was a 5 win team before Ryan was drafted. Last year, you all enjoyed some success but I will say, coming from a Saints fan, usually when we have a coaching changeover, we enjoy success that following year but usually come back to reality the year after, but hey, look at us now.

Now, for last nights game, I was a typical Atlanta-New Orleans game that really was not decided until the end. I believe there were questionable calls on both ends but that is with every football game. It is what it is, we as fans sometimes just has to deal with it. I have seen posts on here about "What ifs", but the same could be said on the Saints side of the ball. For instance, Brees INT, Grimes jumped out of no where. Chances are, the Saints were going to come away with points had that not happened. As I said, it is what it is, and I think we will be battling you guys for the remainder of the year because I believe Miami and Atlanta has given a blue print to rattle Brees...bring pressure from the middle. Oh, and another thing, for those who think the refs were on the Saints side, the Saints had 3 more penalties and 40 more yards. Anyway, I am looking forward to playing you all in your place on the 13th of December! Good luck until then!

classy Saints fan are rare to find ..good post ..good game

I wish we would have pulled down the hailr mary it would have brought back memories

Not taking nothing from the Saints they deserve to win that game, is just frustruating when REF's can dictate who wins a game sometimes, how can they make some very hard calls and blow a very easy one. But is ok hopefully we can bounce back.

PS i agree with you SOMETIMES Falcons fans can be very harsh on our players...Specially Matt Ryan after all he as done for this franchise already.

Edited by Falcons_fan

Good stuff man...congrats and thanks...

Scary, a Saints fan actually making sense! :blink: Great thread, if only people here had more common sense.

Not taking nothing from the Saints they deserve to win that game, is just frustruating when REF's can dictate who wins a game sometimes, how can the make some very hard call and blow a very easy one.

Good teams over come bad calls. Don't make excuses.

Guest The Masked Falcon

Good post.....and we were actually only a 4 win team the season before we drafted Ryan.......

Thanks. You know, as a Saints fan, that when you see your team fight hard and still get beat - it can be a bittering experience. That's what you see on the boards today.

Most of the Falcon fans are very happy to have Ryan at the helm. I am amazed at his progression in just 23 games. I know he is a hard worker and brings the same type leadership and energy to our team that Brees brings to yours. He hasn't had the experience to perfect his craft like Brees has - but that will come with time.

I look forward to the rematch - and I'll be at that game. I missed going to the game this year - it's usually great fun in that dome you guys have - but I had personal obligations which prevented me from going. Next year, though - I'll be there!

I don't know about you guys but i was pretty much awed by the saint's offense in the first half. They were almost unstoppable. The falcons showed a lot of heart by stepping it up in the second half. I was proud of the way they responded. And yes, we're a year or two away from being serious contenders but at least we're hanging tough with a young team.