what if Brian Williams & Tye Hill coulda played

raysnill1

This Falcon team is shaping up to be a powerhouse. When you think about it, we didn't have Snelling, Norwood, Jerry, Williams, Douglas, or a competent kicker and we gave a very complete Saints team a run for their money. and that's with Matty having one of the poorest performances of his career. I've seen a lot of posts about giving up on the Birds but I can't see the sky falling, I see this team shaping up to become a force to reckon with and a perennial playoff contender for years to come.

It would have been a little more difficult for the Saints but I thought we covered pretty well for the most part. The fact is they made 5-7 absolute stud catches that kept drives alive and moved them down the field. This wasnt like the Dallas game where everyone was wide open 30 yards downfield. These were throws and catches to the sideline or high up in the air and they were fortunate enough to hang on to pretty much all of them.

I think the losses of Douglas and Norwood are really hurting us. We dont have the weapons to really work underneath. With Gonzo and White stretching the D and Jenkins also pushing his corner, there should be a lot of room in the middle for Harry or Jerious....but neither of them are here.

It would have been a little more difficult for the Saints but I thought we covered pretty well for the most part. The fact is they made 5-7 absolute stud catches that kept drives alive and moved them down the field. This wasnt like the Dallas game where everyone was wide open 30 yards downfield. These were throws and catches to the sideline or high up in the air and they were fortunate enough to hang on to pretty much all of them.

I think the losses of Douglas and Norwood are really hurting us. We dont have the weapons to really work underneath. With Gonzo and White stretching the D and Jenkins also pushing his corner, there should be a lot of room in the middle for Harry or Jerious....but neither of them are here.

I think Mularkey will finally see the light and dial up some screen passes. one or 2 screen passes last night would have neutralize those DEs and taken some of the pressure off Matty