The Michael Jenkins Challenge.

Peyton

Ok, I'm bored, thought this would be fun.

Michael Jenkins has 53 career starts in the NFL without gaining 100 yards receiving. The challenge is to find any player that started more games at WR before gaining 100 yards in a single game.

I haven't researched it so I don't know how many there are, but I don't think it is very many. The closest I found so far suprisingly was Hines Ward, who started 38 before he got 100 yards.

I am going to McDonalds, but going to see what I can find when I get back.

Good luck with this one.

I mean what's the point of this?

So that hasn't happened, so what.

He has made some very clutch catches--I always saw him in the Finn mold.

He hasn't been as consistent as he had started to become this year, but I still think he's fine.

For that matter Roddy has always been inconsistent too.

Gonzo and Finn are about the most reliable receivers we have.

But just because Roddy and Jenks miss a few, I don't give up on them.

I mean what's the point of this?

So that hasn't happened, so what.

He has made some very clutch catches--I always saw him in the Finn mold.

He hasn't been as consistent as he had started to become this year, but I still think he's fine.

For that matter Roddy has always been inconsistent too.

Gonzo and Finn are about the most reliable receivers we have.

But just because Roddy and Jenks miss a few, I don't give up on them.

it's not a hate thread. Seriously. It's trivia.

it's not a hate thread. Seriously. It's trivia.

Then you should go by targets or completions instead of games.

For instance - last year - he was only targeted 18% of the time to Roddy's 34% of the time. Now, that is the way it should be because Roddy is our number one receiver - but if you're going to compare - you need to limit it to the number of completions instead of game count.

If a guy received 51 passes over a 16 game period and another guy received 100 - it's difficult to expect the first guy to have the same yardage.

For instance - last year - he was only targeted 18% of the time to Roddy's 34% of the time. Now, that is the way it should be because Roddy is our number one receiver - but if you're going to compare - you need to limit it to the number of completions instead of game count.

If a guy received 51 passes over a 16 game period and another guy received 100 - it's difficult to expect the first guy to have the same yardage.

I hear what you are saying, but there are two things. First of all, that's pretty much impossible to research by any means that I know of, and secondly, every team has second WRs.

I'm honestly not trying to trash Jenkins in this thread, it's just a statistical anomaly and I am trying to see how rare it is.

Edited by Peyton

He also runs lazy routes from time to time, causing him to rarely be open. You gotta consider that too.

Percentages of targets? That's too much math for me.

Plus, if 18% of the passes went his way and Roddy got 34%, was Roddy better at getting open against a #1 CB than Jenkins was a #2? How do you calcualte that? Back to the lab!

I hear what you are saying, but there are two things. First of all, that's pretty much impossible to research by any means that I know of, and secondly, every team has second WRs.

I'm honestly not trying to trash Jenkins in this thread, it's just a statistical anomaly and I am trying to see how rare it is.

Your seething hatred of Jenkins has gone too far. This is a classic example of good thread but bad timing.

Your seething hatred of Jenkins has gone too far. This is a classic example of good thread but bad timing.

LOL well his game last night did get me thinking about this.

JJ Birden - honorable mention - 37 games. Ironically, he went over 100 in his 38th and 39th.

Yeah I agree Tandy you have a very valid but you have to take in the fact that he get very little YAC. He doesn't show the ability to break tackles or make defenders miss in the open field. Which makes him alot less efficent.

that's because he can't get open

I post it all the time...Bryant Johnson has more career starts and less 100 yard games.

I always post this stat, like weekly.

See other Jenkins thread...

You are right. Bryant Johnson had 51 starts coming into the season, I am not sure how many of the games he has started so far this year, trying to find that. We have a new leader in the clubhouse.