Division Games Rock!

Lengai

I'm a Saints fan but I also like Atlanta so no hate here (I rooted for ATL in the SB). Here's my observations from last night:

1) The refs let the players play. Yes, Vilma did have a foul on the pick 6, but Roddy had his big 'ol mit pushing Greer's back for the big TD as well. Despite all the calls or lack thereof it came down to the fumble by PT that set up Atlanta for the lead and Vilma/Porter made a play...there were no bad calls there and that was the biggest play of the game.

2) Both teams need kickers (need I say more?)

3) Thank God the O-Lines on both sides are OK.

4) Rushing to the outside hammered the Saints.

5) Mularkey (sp?) is great and had the Saints D confused badly

6) The fight for the onside kick showed the true heart of both teams

7) That CB for ATL was all over the place...didn't get his name but he's great even on kicks...woof!

8) Jeremy Shockey is a lot of fun to watch...suprising Gonzalez wasn't a big factor

9) The coaching adjustments on both sides was exceptional

10) Matt Ryan is very good (duh). 2 more years and he will be the guy in the NFL (not that I trade Brees for him).

11) Brees' ability to call audibles/shifts like Peyton Manning was HUGE

Both teams left it all on the field. It was an intense, great game. The Saints have shown they deserve to be 7-0. The Falcons likely won't win the division, but are looking very strong for the wildcard...in is in - no matter how you slice it. It was game for the ages and both teams impressed. Great game to Atlanta and I'm sure the second one will be a doozy too. Games like Farve going to Lambeau and that game last night are what make the NFL so special.

I'm a Saints fan but I also like Atlanta

This is the second time I have heard this in a month. Stop with the nonsense. Choose one or the other. I hate the Saints worse than the Jonas Brothers, green peas, and sitting on the toilet and not having any TP

Edited by ~SEAMILL~

I'm a Saints fan but I also like Atlanta so no hate here (I rooted for ATL in the SB). Here's my observations from last night:

1) The refs let the players play. Yes, Vilma did have a foul on the pick 6, but Roddy had his big 'ol mit pushing Greer's back for the big TD as well. Despite all the calls or lack thereof it came down to the fumble by PT that set up Atlanta for the lead and Vilma/Porter made a play...there were no bad calls there and that was the biggest play of the game.

2) Both teams need kickers (need I say more?)

3) Thank God the O-Lines on both sides are OK.

4) Rushing to the outside hammered the Saints.

5) Mularkey (sp?) is great and had the Saints D confused badly

6) The fight for the onside kick showed the true heart of both teams

7) That CB for ATL was all over the place...didn't get his name but he's great even on kicks...woof!

8) Jeremy Shockey is a lot of fun to watch...suprising Gonzalez wasn't a big factor

9) The coaching adjustments on both sides was exceptional

10) Matt Ryan is very good (duh). 2 more years and he will be the guy in the NFL (not that I trade Brees for him).

11) Brees' ability to call audibles/shifts like Peyton Manning was HUGE

Both teams left it all on the field. It was an intense, great game. The Saints have shown they deserve to be 7-0. The Falcons likely won't win the division, but are looking very strong for the wildcard...in is in - no matter how you slice it. It was game for the ages and both teams impressed. Great game to Atlanta and I'm sure the second one will be a doozy too. Games like Farve going to Lambeau and that game last night are what make the NFL so special.

This is a fair synopsis, I think. By the way, the CB's name is Grimes. Brent Grimes and he had probably his best game last night. I wish we'd gone more to Gonzales. The Saints had no answer for him - or Turner - for that matter. That drop on 3rd down by Jenkins was HUGE; could have changed the entire outcome of the game. The Saints D really couldn't stop our offense. We stopped ourselves (turnovers).