If you can't see it, I can't explain it to you

red2play

I said it when he was drafted, Matt Ryan, his arm is suspect. He puts too much air underneath the ball. People said his arm could get better, I told them he wouldn't. I called out Hoey Harrington and now I've called out Matt Ryan. Right both times, but you won't listen. He's not going to be a premier Qb IMHO. When you see Brett Farve, he makes the players around him much better. Percy Harvin, Bernard Berrian and Sidney Rice all look better with Farve under Center. Look at the Colts Pierre Garcon, Anthony Gonzalez, etc all look like pro-bowlers under Manning Or the other Manning with Mario Manningham. Drew Brees and all the receivers he's making look good like walk-on Lance Moore and Devery Henderson (looks totally different now). Does Ryan make the team look better? Not in my opinion. On the other front, I saw Ryan get happy feet and start overthrowing WR's but he settled down. That's a good sign, his head is in the right place. I can also see that he's being coached to look for certain receivers on certain plays. Sortof like pre-programmed plays for him. He's also doing his pre-snap reads very well. In short, AGAIN, a Chad Pennington clone for me, which will win you games but not the superbowl. For the same people who voted Bush W and **** Cheney into office; its time to Duck your head in the sand again. It’s the truth, its obvious and not even worth explaining.

Coaching staff, I'd say we are in the top half of the league for coaching but we aren't upper echelon with the likes of New England, New Orleans, Indy, etc. We don't have anyone like Rex Ryan, Gregg Williams or **** LeBeau nor do we have a top tier offensive coordinator. Personally I like the 3-4 defense better (obvious with the above names mentioned) but like I said, top half but not top tier. Even with the limitations of Ryan you can't dispute we shouldn't be putting up more points. From the improved OL and Gonzalez and Turner, that should be the best blocking tandem in the NFL plus Gonzalez, White, Jenkins (I'll go back to that later) as a WR core. Add the running game with Mughelli and Turner, there's NO excuse.

The only part I'd say I really really like is Thomas Dimitroff as GM. Hand's down, he's done the best job bar none for this club and city IMHO. Each year he's adding undervalued talent. If we didn't have Turner, Mughelli and Gonzalez, this would be a MUCH different team.

All in all, top half of the league and you could say we have a chance to make the playoffs every year but with this talent, we should expect more. Oh yeah, Jenkins, I think he's a really good reciever. Unfortunately, he's been tied to an idiot, YKW and someone without a real arm. I'm a realist and a native of Atlanta. I would like a team that can achieve greatness. Unfortunately, I think we picked up a limited Qb, and coaching staff.

You're obviously are too bias to judge him objectively.

Matt Ryan has a 15-8 record, was last years Rookie of the Year, and just yesterday Steve Young called him the best second year player EVER. And he still just 23 years old.

Who are you judging him against anyways? Drew Brees, a seven year veteran? Can you name one QB in the last few drafts that has played better? And since we can't go back and change the past, if you are SOOO smart, who would you have as the Atlanta Falcon's starting QB instead?

I said it when he was drafted, Matt Ryan, his arm is suspect. He puts too much air underneath the ball. People said his arm could get better, I told them he wouldn't. I called out Hoey Harrington and now I've called out Matt Ryan. Right both times, but you won't listen. He's not going to be a premier Qb IMHO. When you see Brett Farve, he makes the players around him much better. Percy Harvin, Bernard Berrian and Sidney Rice all look better with Farve under Center. Look at the Colts Pierre Garcon, Anthony Gonzalez, etc all look like pro-bowlers under Manning Or the other Manning with Mario Manningham. Drew Brees and all the receivers he's making look good like walk-on Lance Moore and Devery Henderson (looks totally different now). Does Ryan make the team look better? Not in my opinion. On the other front, I saw Ryan get happy feet and start overthrowing WR's but he settled down. That's a good sign, his head is in the right place. I can also see that he's being coached to look for certain receivers on certain plays. Sortof like pre-programmed plays for him. He's also doing his pre-snap reads very well. In short, AGAIN, a Chad Pennington clone for me, which will win you games but not the superbowl. For the same people who voted Bush W and **** Cheney into office; its time to Duck your head in the sand again. It’s the truth, its obvious and not even worth explaining.

Coaching staff, I'd say we are in the top half of the league for coaching but we aren't upper echelon with the likes of New England, New Orleans, Indy, etc. We don't have anyone like Rex Ryan, Gregg Williams or **** LeBeau nor do we have a top tier offensive coordinator. Personally I like the 3-4 defense better (obvious with the above names mentioned) but like I said, top half but not top tier. Even with the limitations of Ryan you can't dispute we shouldn't be putting up more points. From the improved OL and Gonzalez and Turner, that should be the best blocking tandem in the NFL plus Gonzalez, White, Jenkins (I'll go back to that later) as a WR core. Add the running game with Mughelli and Turner, there's NO excuse.

The only part I'd say I really really like is Thomas Dimitroff as GM. Hand's down, he's done the best job bar none for this club and city IMHO. Each year he's adding undervalued talent. If we didn't have Turner, Mughelli and Gonzalez, this would be a MUCH different team.

All in all, top half of the league and you could say we have a chance to make the playoffs every year but with this talent, we should expect more. Oh yeah, Jenkins, I think he's a really good reciever. Unfortunately, he's been tied to an idiot, YKW and someone without a real arm. I'm a realist and a native of Atlanta. I would like a team that can achieve greatness. Unfortunately, I think we picked up a limited Qb, and coaching staff.

^^^ Epic STUPIDITY. No wonder fans of other teams question the intelligence level of this board.