Im proud of the Falcons

thestufford

Last night, we showed the world even in a loss that we can hang with one of the best teams in the game right now, if not BEAT them.

I honestly believe we played an excellent game, and the refs illegal contact call on Mike Peterson in the 4th quarter changed the entire game for us. Also on the play where Roddy dropped the TD, there should have been an illegal contact call at the very least. We didn't get the calls = Loss.

Thats ok, our team showed a toughness and resilience that I haven't seen from them in a while. Grimes played out of his mind and I think my favorite player on our team is a toss of up Decoud and Lofton. These guys are monsters and genuine playmakers on our Defense.

I can't wait til the rematch in the Dome. Go Falcons!

Its cool... I'll be the only one who is proud :)

I think the play that pissed me off the most was the pick six. I don't know if anyone saw it but Roddy was hit, which should have been pass interference. Even the announcers said it. I was fuming after that.

Overall, I'm proud they kept up with the high powered Saints. Not the ending I was hoping, buit it was nice to see the old Mike Turner back

Edited by ConnFalcon

I think the play that pissed me off the most was the pick six. I don't know if anyone saw it but Roddy was hit, which should have been pass interference. Even the announcers said it. I was fuming after that.

Overall, I'm proud they kept up with the high powered Saints. Not the ending I was hoping, buit it was nice to see the old Mike Turner back

I saw that, too, and on the drive where the aint's scored their last TD the drive was only kept alive by a bad holding call on peterson!!!

refs blew it!!!

I'm proud, too, we deserved to win this one, but the refs blew it!!!

You are 100% right about that Pick 6. Vilma had his back to the ball and knocked roddy over and yet again... we got a nice no call (happened last week two when Jenkins got pushed down by Jenkins from the cowboys) I don't understand what the refs are looking at but I can't wait for the day that we are the NFL "darlings" and actually get calls on the field that are for us and not against us.

I saw that, too, and on the drive where the aint's scored their last TD the drive was only kept alive by a bad holding call on peterson!!!

refs blew it!!!

Yep, refs did blow it. Last I checked you can make contact in the first 5 yards and since it was 3rd and 5, Bush was sitting there at the 5 yard line when he got bumped. So there should not have been an illegal contact call on that play

Last night, we showed the world even in a loss that we can hang with one of the best teams in the game right now, if not BEAT them.

I honestly believe we played an excellent game, and the refs illegal contact call on Mike Peterson in the 4th quarter changed the entire game for us. Also on the play where Roddy dropped the TD, there should have been an illegal contact call at the very least. We didn't get the calls = Loss.

Thats ok, our team showed a toughness and resilience that I haven't seen from them in a while. Grimes played out of his mind and I think my favorite player on our team is a toss of up Decoud and Lofton. These guys are monsters and genuine playmakers on our Defense.

I can't wait til the rematch in the Dome. Go Falcons!

I agree. We can win the next 3 and be sitting at 7-3 and all of this will be long forgotten. We played like crap against Dallas but came back last night and fought our butts off. The pick 6 in the second quarter really hurt. Jenkins dropping that 3rd down out route really hurt but even with that, we still were right there all the way.

We need to go out and beat Washington, Carolina and TB and get our confidence and swagger back. Then we will have a couple of big games against NY and Philly that we at least need to split. At that point we will be in prime position to get a Wild Card Spot.

Yep, refs did blow it. Last I checked you can make contact in the first 5 yards and since it was 3rd and 5, Bush was sitting there at the 5 yard line when he got bumped. So there should not have been an illegal contact call on that play

I think it was about 7yards from the LOS, but it wasn't much contact. he barely touched him at all. even gruden, who talked about the saints and how good they are all game long, said it's not holding.

I've never felt as good after a loss as I did last night. They showed the world they can play with anybody. The Saints know they got a few "hometown" calls that really mad a difference. As long as we get the same hometown treatment in the ATL we'll be fine.

I agree as well. I am still mad (which is natural for a fan when their team loses) but I feel good after this loss because it proves we can roll with the best of them. Limit a few mistakes, and we would have taken this game.