Third time is the charm...JASON ELAM SUCKS Part 3..

What do you jason elam apologist and suck ups have to say now that this old dude basically lost us the game??? 2 fg's would of put us in the position to win at the end of the game with a field goal rather than a touchdown but this old dude cant get the job done. We need to spend a first rounder on a kicker since so many people say we need to build for the future. If elam is around next year, id really question the front office and if they are just playing the loyalty card like this franchise did for brooking. I dont care what elam did in the past, and i dont care what he will do from now on, there are no more excuses. Its time for him to go. No more mr so called clutch.

I thought we should have looked for a young kicker in the draft. There were good kickers available that didn't get drafted but we didn't make a play for one. Elam is older and not kicking in the thin air of Denver any longer. Lets get a young guy with a big leg in here in the off season. May miss the nerves and cool of an experienced guy, but Elam just does not have much left when you start thinking long term with this team.

He was injured and shouldn't have been out there. I put that on the coaches and GM for not getting someone up at Flowery Branch earlier last week.

We lost by 8 points..

His missed FG's were 6 points.

Ryan's pick 6+1 was 7 points..

stop giving excuses for this dude. If he was injured, he should of informed the coaches and stayed his a@@ on the sideline instead of going 50% in a important game like this. Yea we lost by 8 points. Plus the 2 fg that should of, could of been which is 6 points, which only puts up down by 2. So at the end of the game after we got the onside kick, instead of a touchdown to win, all we needed was a FG..

I thought we should have looked for a young kicker in the draft. There were good kickers available that didn't get drafted but we didn't make a play for one. Elam is older and not kicking in the thin air of Denver any longer. Lets get a young guy with a big leg in here in the off season. May miss the nerves and cool of an experienced guy, but Elam just does not have much left when you start thinking long term with this team.

You don't really wanna draft a kicker though..There is way too many experienced ones sitting around waiting for a job..

What do you jason elam apologist and suck ups have to say now that this old dude basically lost us the game??? 2 fg's would of put us in the position to win at the end of the game with a field goal rather than a touchdown but this old dude cant get the job done. We need to spend a first rounder on a kicker since so many people say we need to build for the future. If elam is around next year, id really question the front office and if they are just playing the loyalty card like this franchise did for brooking. I dont care what elam did in the past, and i dont care what he will do from now on, there are no more excuses. Its time for him to go. No more mr so called clutch.

I agree with everything you said with the exception of us spending a "first rounder" to draft a kicker.

This dude IS old...POINT BLANK...PERIOD! There HAS to be a kicker out there somewhere he can hit 40 yarders and in on a HEALTHY and consistent basis! HE HAS TO GO NOW before he becomes a HUGE liability down the stretch! :angry:

Elam obviously can't be relied on, I agree. But your points are rediculous. You don't waste first rounders on Kickers. Elam has been on the team for 1+ yr, there's no loyalty card. And what he does from now on is exactly what will determine whether we keep him (unless they've already seen enough, which is possible).

Everyone knows the incumbent kicker doesn't lose his job unless he fails to perform. Well Elam has failed to perform since pre-season so I don't keep up with kickers on the market but am pretty sure there a more than a few that can come in and do a better job.

Elam hurt or not should no longer be on this team. He has cosistently underperformed all year!!!!

As for the 2 missed field goals - yes we lost by 8 but if those are made, we aren't throwing the ball deep after getting the onside kick. We are setting up for game winner at that point...

Edited by AtlFalc78

Elam obviously can't be relied on, I agree. But your points are rediculous. You don't waste first rounders on Kickers. Elam has been on the team for 1+ yr, there's no loyalty card. And what he does from now on is exactly what will determine whether we keep him (unless they've already seen enough, which is possible).

the whole first rounder thing was just an exaggeration..That shows how much i want to get rid of him..

Any of these top prospects on teams this year? I got this from SI but have to assume top 10 kicking talent is still out there somewhere!!

PLACEKICKERS

1. Sam Swank, Wake Forest

2. Aaron Pettrey, Ohio State (Junior)

3. Austin Starr, Indiana

4. Dan Kelly, Hawaii

5. Jose Martinez, UTEP

6. Brett Swenson, Michigan State (Junior)

7. Joshua Shene, Ole Miss (Junior)

8. Jeff Wolfert, Missouri

9. Conor Lee, Pitt

10. Leigh Tiffin, Alabama (Junior)

Any of these top prospects on teams this year? I got this from SI but have to assume top 10 kicking talent is still out there somewhere!!

PLACEKICKERS

1. Sam Swank, Wake Forest

2. Aaron Pettrey, Ohio State (Junior)

3. Austin Starr, Indiana

4. Dan Kelly, Hawaii

5. Jose Martinez, UTEP

6. Brett Swenson, Michigan State (Junior)

7. Joshua Shene, Ole Miss (Junior)

8. Jeff Wolfert, Missouri

9. Conor Lee, Pitt

10. Leigh Tiffin, Alabama (Junior)

if any one of those can consistanly make anything under 45 yards, with a couple of 50 yarders, sign them up..