7 points

falconsd56

People can talk about our secondary all they want but in the 2nd half that was one of the best defensive performances you will see.. to hold a very explosive saints offense to 7 points is remarkable.

I so can not wait until the rematch.

Kinda hard to score when you keep turning the ball over. I thought the falcons D did a good job for the most part but I also think some of the execution by the saints was off. I was really hoping they came out in the second half and put the game away but some of the third down calls were shaky at best. Hopefully in atlanta we dont have so many turnovers or it could be a long day.

That was impressive but I'm sure saints fans will take the W! I was saying at halftime we had to hold them to 10 or less to have a chance, we did, but Ryan didn't do his part!

EVEN I ..... CAN NOT ARGUE GOOD. THE SAINTS ARE GOOD.

I HAVE NO EXCUSES. THE SAINTS BEAT US ... AND THATS ..

THAT. :(

I so can not wait until the rematch.

Me neither. If that one is half as good as this one was, it's another classic battle in the feud. Best part of it is that it was on MNF. More and more football fans across the country are seeing one of the better rivalries in the NFL instead of being forcefed NFC East games. I'm willing to bet that NBC is drooling itself thinking about getting that game flexed to Sunday night.

Me neither. If that one is half as good as this one was, it's another classic battle in the feud. Best part of it is that it was on MNF. More and more football fans across the country are seeing one of the better rivalries in the NFL instead of being forcefed NFC East games. I'm willing to bet that NBC is drooling itself thinking about getting that game flexed to Sunday night.

*hands sniper a trout*

Should be a good rematch. I know we'll need it more than you guys will that's for sure. The question is, will the saints have a loss by then?

Honestly? I think the Saints won't be undefeated when we next match up. Besides it being nearly impossible to do in the modern NFL, there are a few things here and there that need to be tightened up.

/besides that, I hate it when ESPN jumps up somebodies or some teams a-doublecrookedletter, even if that person or team just happens to be playing for New Orleans.

It was definetly an interesting game. The Saints were running clock for part of the 2nd half but the Falcons snuck back into it by limiting our offense on predictable plays. By then, because of those things, we had no rythmn on offense. I credit the Falcons for that. I must say, if that game somehow goes into OT I don't think the Saints win.

Edited by nolafan33

You can never put it past Breesus to pull out a game no matter what? The Qbs were the difference yesterday in victory!

One thing I noticed with Drew last night is that he actually misread a play, as hard that is to believe. That defensive TD for the Falcons, the possible blitz was fairly noticable I thought, but Drew missed it. Nine out of ten times in my opinion, Drew hits a wide open David Thomas for a decent gain.

Not to worry REV2? We need to focus on the task at hand, b2b winning seasons, 10-6, make the playoffs, these are realistic goals...

AND WE INTEND TO REACH'EM. THE GOOD THING FROM LAST NIGHT ......

THE REST OF THE NATION, NOW KNOWS ... THE FALCONS ARE NO CHUMPS. B)

Point well taken even in a loss...

WE NEED TO OPEN THE BOMB-BAY DOORS AND BOMB THE SKINS BACK INTO THE

STONE AGE. THIS IS THE MIDWAY POINT IN OUR SEASON, LET'S STOP MESS'IN

AROUND, LETS START BLOWING SOME TEAMS OFF THE MAP. THE SKINS ARE A

GOOD PLACE TO START. USE EVERYTHING IN OUR ARSENAL .... EVEN THE

POISON GAS! :angry:

WE NEED TO OPEN THE BOMB-BAY DOORS AND BOMB THE SKINS BACK INTO THE

STONE AGE. THIS IS THE MIDWAY POINT IN OUR SEASON, LET'S STOP MESS'IN

AROUND, LETS START BLOWING SOME TEAMS OFF THE MAP. THE SKINS ARE A

GOOD PLACE TO START. USE EVERYTHING IN OUR ARSENAL .... EVEN THE

POISON GAS! :angry:

the falcons will probably beat us but i dont see you guys winning by more than 10

You have to admit it was an excellent delayed blitz by Decoud, I was fooled myself on that one!

It was a well timed blitz for sure... I just have one beef with that play (actually 2). I rewatched the game last night on NFL replay... and let me preface by saying I hate both of these rules, and wish they did not exist at all... but since they do exist (sometimes I guess)... this play should have been called a "tuck rule" and it should have been a helmet to helmet call. Brees clearly pumped the ball in a forward pass motion before pulling it back into his body and then taking the hit as the ball came loose... this is by definition a "tuck rule call"... the defender also hit Brees in the facemask with the crown of his helmet... clearly a helmet to helmet hit. Again, I don't like either rule... but both should have applied here. Personally I thought it was just a great play by Decoud.

The refs in this game were horrible on both ends. The no call by Vilma on the Greer INT was crap... The holding call on Peterson was crap... the no-call on Roddy for offensive PI was crap... the no-call on the Brees "fumble" / tuck rule / helmet to helmet was crap... the multiple holding no-call on Baker choke holding Smith were all crap... the official calling a TD for Roddy while 2 feet from seeing the ball hit the ground was astonishing crap (good thing we had a challange)... etc etc etc.

Hopefully the refs stay out of it during our game at the GA Dome.

Just for the reasons you indicated about the refs, I'm glad you guys won because we would've never heard the end of it, would we?

my opinion is that both the helmet to helmet and the tuck rule were borderline that could have gone either way. problems is that no two officials are calling it the same unless your name is Brady or Manning