Anyone remember what our record was after week 8 was last year?

slamee101

4 winnable games the next 4 weeks: Redskins, Panthers, Giants, Buccaneers and the schedule after that isn't too daunting as well.

Exactly.

Of course there are no guarantees in the NFL...but I feel like we can beat every team we have left on this schedule and should win most if we stay healthy and bring the effort like we did tonight.

As a fan you really have to look at the Falcons as a team on the verge. Nobody expected them to go 11-5 last year. This year the expectations are high. I think they still have a legitimate shot at the playoffs this year as a wild card team. In another year or two they will be one of the top tier teams.

Looking at the Falcons in the long run

They have a great owner.

They have a great front office

They have great coaches

Ryan is going to be a Pro-Bowl caliber QB by 2011.

Roddy is going into his prime

There will be a handful of our current rookie and 2nd year players that's going to develop.

They will fill the holes through FA and draft in the next couple of years.

As a fan you really have to look at the Falcons as a team on the verge. Nobody expected them to go 11-5 last year. This year the expectations are high. I think they still have a legitimate shot at the playoffs this year as a wild card team. In another year or two they will be one of the top tier teams.

Looking at the Falcons in the long run

They have a great owner.

They have a great front office

They have great coaches

Ryan is going to be a Pro-Bowl caliber QB by 2011.

Roddy is going into his prime

There will be a handful of our current rookie and 2nd year players that's going to develop.

They will fill the holes through FA and draft in the next couple of years.

I think after tonight though...we can play with anyone. Like I said, I come away impressed with a lot of things after this loss.

The champ 2 years ago and in '05 were WC teams...I'm not afraid of seeing the Saints again (or any team for that matter). Just gotta make sure we get in the tourney.

I think after tonight though...we can play with anyone. Like I said, I come away impressed with a lot of things after this loss.

The champ 2 years ago and in '05 were WC teams...I'm not afraid of seeing the Saints again (or any team for that matter). Just gotta make sure we get in the tourney.

We've been in every game except the Cowboys game, we should be able to play with anyone the rest of the season, especially if the running game continues to play well.

Good post. Right now the magic number for me is 5. We win 5 and we have a winning season. That means back to back winning seasons and the media can stop bringing that up everytime they talk about the Falcons. Also did Jaws say the Saints have only had 8 winning seasons or did I hear that wrong?

Yep. That's what he said. I heard it as plain as day.. Makes ya think huh? Eventually every dog has it's day. I will be here when our dog does. That's for sure.

Ok I thought thats what i heard. It just makes me wonder why the media doesnt bring that up everytime they talk about the Saints.

It's just gonna be tough as heck to get the love feast going on for the Falcons until they are a yearly playoff contender and threat to go all the way.. I personally think the saints have gotten more hype than they deserve up until this year. This year, thus far, they earned it but I can see a falling apart coming in their near future..