lmao @ anyone hating on ryan

the guy kept us in the game. he brought us back, he gave us a chance late.

if jenkins catches that one ball, different game. if elam makes that kick right after, different game. ryan threw a pick before halftime, and it was a ball he shouldn't have thrown, but it did look like roddy was interfered with.

we were down 28-14 at the superdome (one of the toughest, if not THE toughest places to play in the NFL) and the very next time we got the ball ryan drove us down the field and score a TD. a drive or two later, he drove us down the field again and threw a TD pass to roddy that roddy dropped. we got the ball back again and he threw a ball that got TIPPED and intercepted. vilma made an amazing play (much like grimes made earlier).

now if you look at his stats then yeah it looks like ryan played bad but ryan kept us in the game and nearly tied it up at the end. he was going up against one of the best blitzing d's in the league that has given EVERY qb **** so far.

he's 23 games into his career and folks are already giving up on him. if everyone had given up on brees midway through his second year he wouldn't be in the NFL. the guy is still good and he's still a franchise qb. every qb has a bad game. some have 2-3 in a row. it's happened to peyton manning, brady, brees. it happens. ****, manning had a game a few years ago where he threw SIX ints.

we're still going to the playoffs and ryan is still a good qb. we still have a really good team and our O looks like its getting back on track. ryan will be alright and so will the falcons.

I agree and I actually like my guys MORE because of this game. if you told me that Matt Ryan would throw a pick 6 & a red zone pick & play worse than he did in Dallas, that we would miss several redzone opportunities, that Drew Brees would carve our DBs like Thanksgiving turkey, that the receivers would have a case of the drops, that Jason Elam would miss FGs he'd usually make, and we'd STILL have an opportunity to pull off a defeat against the Saints, I woulda told you you were crazy.

honestly I had us losing against The Cowboys, Saints, & Giants and maybe the Eagles but everybody else we should handle.

I agree and I actually like my guys MORE because of this game. if you told me that Matt Ryan would throw a pick 6 & a red zone pick & play worse than he did in Dallas, that we would miss several redzone opportunities, that Drew Brees would carve our DBs like Thanksgiving turkey, that the receivers would have a case of the drops, that Jason Elam would miss FGs he'd usually make, and we'd STILL have an opportunity to pull off a defeat against the Saints, I woulda told you you were crazy.

honestly I had us losing against The Cowboys, Saints, & Giants and maybe the Eagles but everybody else we should handle.

this says it all right here and also shows why because of how we played tonight 13-3 is not out of the question

same here.

it's funny how everyone rode vick's nuts for YEARS for average qb play, but ryan has 2 or 3 bad games in a row and everyone's ready to give up on him. that's really pretty sickening.

Statistically? TERRIBLE. Realistically? He played OK. Not great, but OK. I don't think Roddy really dropped the ball; that is a hard enough ball to come down with. The first INT wasn't his fault (ref no call), and the last one, who cares? He zeroed in on Gonzo a bit much, but outside of that, he played OK. His Completion % took a major hit tonight though. Sooner or later he is gonna have to throw for more than 250 yards every once in a while. He is good and will be very, very good, but him, the playcalling, and his offensive supporting cast ALL need to step up.

With all the turn overs we got, and we still lose, tells me the qb had a bad game. I'm not gonna sugar coat it, Ryan was not clutch. (neither was Elam)

But hey, Ryan is still ahead of the game in spite of his inexperience. Give him a couple of more years in big-time games, and he will play better.

Yeah, I LMAO, too! Ryan has played 23 games, and he's 15 and 8 folks....that's better than Brady, Romo, BOTH Mannings, and just about anybody else you can think of playing today, after their first 23 games in the NFL ( at least in the Modern era). So, there you have it.

GO, YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!

FalconJim.