WOW, Steve Young gives props...

RebFalc

Steve said that Matt Ryan threw 1 bad interception (in 3 games!). I felt like we had a chance to win the game till the end and i'm proud of how the D played today. Even with a loss today i feel like we made steps in the right direction. Now lets go make the playoffs.

Did Matt Ryan run for 1700 yards? Did Matt Ryan play defense?

Thomas "Metro Hair" Dimitroff put all the pieces in place for Ryan.

same could be said for rothlisberger...Steelers had the best defense in the league at the time...it is impossible to say who is better because u cannot switch their situations so this is all speculation...regardless, ryan has the makings of a great quarterback...time will tell if he will reach his potential but nothing at this point makes me think otherwise

Did Matt Ryan run for 1700 yards? Did Matt Ryan play defense?

Thomas "Metro Hair" Dimitroff put all the pieces in place for Ryan.

same could be said for rothlisberger...Steelers had the best defense in the league at the time...it is impossible to say who is better because u cannot switch their situations so this is all speculation...regardless, ryan has the makings of a great quarterback...time will tell if he will reach his potential but nothing at this point makes me think otherwise

Well if the same could be said for either QB, then talk to me when Matty Frozen Urine wins the SB in year 2. Which ain't happnin'.

Ben Roethlisberger by far.

Dude won a ring. Talk to me then and it's a conversation.

Ben did it all by himself?? Roethlisberger was 9-21 for 123 yds, 0-TD, 2-INT in the Super Bowl. Do you consider that greatness????? He was nowhere near Ryan in his second year.

It was the defense that got him the ring. Give Ryan the Pittsburgh defense and he would have won the Superbowl his rookie year.

Ben did it all by himself?? Roethlisberger was 9-21 for 123 yds, 0-TD, 2-INT in the Super Bowl. Do you consider that greatness????? He was nowhere near Ryan in his second year.

It was the defense that got him the ring. Give Ryan the Pittsburgh defense and he would have won the Superbowl his rookie year.

Ben's complete post season stats from 2005 season

14/19 for 208 and 3TD's first wildcard game

14/24 for 197 and 2TD's / 1 INT divisional game

21/19 for 275 and 2TD's and a rushing TD in AFCCG

Also had a rushing TD in the Super Bowl.

Ben's rating in the post-season of 2005 was 113.68 (and I included the Super Bowl)

Matt Ryan's rating last year in post season, 72.81 - he's got a long way to go. Talk to me when he gets there.

Edited by cargojon

21/19 for 275 and 2TD's and a rushing TD in AFCCG

Ben's rating in the post-season of 2005 was 113.68 (and I included the Super Bowl)

Matt Ryan's rating last year in post season, 72.81 - he's got a long way to go. Talk to me when he gets there.

We are talking about sophmore years and Matt Ryan hasn't had his postseason yet this year. We are fixing to go on a tear.

Steve Young has loved Matt Ryan before he was drafted. Although the comments are great what does that get you? That comment is like a moral victory after a loss. It is about production on the field. No one cares how you start its how you finished. If he is the greatest of all time when it is all said in done then that is a comment fans can be happy about not a comment on year 2 after a tough loss for the team.

Steve Young has loved Matt Ryan before he was drafted. Although the comments are great what does that get you? That comment is like a moral victory after a loss. It is about production on the field. No one cares how you start its how you finished. If he is the greatest of all time when it is all said in done then that is a comment fans can be happy about not a comment on year 2 after a tough loss for the team.

Trent Dilfer was lovin him as well after the game

Trent Dilfer was lovin him as well after the game

They were. I have never seen them say how good a player will be after a tough loss and a poor performance. If it is someone else they say that player has to do better. They don't do that with Ryan. That talk about how good and better he will be in the future.

*21/19* for 275 and 2TD's and a rushing TD in AFCCG

Okay now that IS an impressive game!

In all seriousness though, someone said it earlier...it's really all speculation. The two situations are dramatically different. I would not be a sad man if Ben Roethlisberger were our QB. The guy is great at extending plays with his feet and has great pocket presence. But in all honesty I'd rather have Matt Ryan. I don't think you drop a rookie Big Ben in our 2008 situation and get 11 wins but again it's total speculation, pointless speculation at that.

As long as Smith and Dimitroff can keep Ryan surrounded by stud athletes, I really think he will be that elite QB we're all waiting for. He's definitely developing. I have seen him make a lot more mistakes this year but the offensive playcalling has really expanded from last year as well. He's really been given the power of final word of a playcall. If he doesn't like Mularkey's playcall, he's allowed to change it. There have been many very specific audibles and hot routes that most QBs aren't even allowed to make. He handles the no huddle very well. I think this guy gets a few years under his belt and we're talking about something really special.

Edited by MattyIce07

I think he put things into perspective from an outside source with credible credentials. That's what it gets me anyways. Also, nobody said he was the greatest of all time. He was saying that Matt Ryan is ahead of the curve compared to ALL sophmore QB's to this point in time. That's a pretty impressive statement coming from a 7-time Probowl, ALL-Pro 4 time, 2 NFL MVP, Hall of fame and Superbowl Champion QB. Just sayin....