I'm proud of this Falcon team-

falconidae

I feel good about the way the team competed tonight. A couple of plays went the wrong way, the Falcons missed a couple of FGs, it could have gone the other way tonight. Last week that wasn't the case.

The Falcons will get healthy next week against Washington and hopefully take care of Carolina the following week. That will put them at 6-3 and as long as they keep improving, who knows what can happen.

I'd feel better if Mularkey went deep earlier in the game and put some screen passes in the offense though.

This team played hard as **** tonight. Im sorry i dont like excuses, but the pick 6 was wrong! elam missing a chip shot was wrong! Thats a 10 point swing! 3rd and 4 at the end of the game was wrong! flipping of 17 points in this game! But if this defense would play with this much speed and hard hitting every week, we sure would have alot better chances at the wild card! This team is not done building yet its been 2 years!!! Give them some time they need to build the talent and depth on this team!

If not for some bad calls by the refs, the Falcons could've won this one. Redskins, Panthers, Giants (playing bad lately), and Buccaneers the next 4 weeks... Falcons should go 4-0 over that stretch.

People overlook the bad calls they gave us. Roddy's TD was a PI they didn't call. They tried to give him a 2nd TD he didn't catch but the challenge changed it.

CO-SIGNED

I'm proud of them. ^_^

GO Falcons baby. This is definatly a playoff team.

I'm quite proud of them tonight, too, but I disagree with this particular quote. This team is not a playoff calibur team. There are good performances from particular units of the team each week, but they can't put them together--and that's what a playoff team does. That's what they managed to do last year, which is why they made the playoffs. They're not doing that this year, and thus, they're not a playoff team.

But, if they can somehow manage 9 wins, I'll be satisfied.

I'm quite proud of them tonight, too, but I disagree with this particular quote. This team is not a playoff calibur team. There are good performances from particular units of the team each week, but they can't put them together--and that's what a playoff team does. That's what they managed to do last year, which is why they made the playoffs. They're not doing that this year, and thus, they're not a playoff team.

But, if they can somehow manage 9 wins, I'll be satisfied.

I would be very disappointed with only 9 wins.

Games that look like wins: Buccaneers twice (2), Panthers, Redskins, Bills

Games that we could win: Giants (playing terrible at the moment), Eagles, Jets (not as good without Kris Jenkins and rookie QB)

Real Tough Game: Saints

we didnt give up!!! im happy we played great. 1 tipped ball won it. i love the falcons i love to watch them play.

This is a tough loss, but I think are guys deserve a lot of credit. They never gave up, bowed their necks, and made plays to the final whistle. The Saints may have won, but they did not walk away with it, or over us. Yeah, we had some mistakes, turnovers, that interception in the red zone was particularly hard to watch. But, again, it takes more than 2 seasons to come out of the ditch. I think our defense played better than was expected, or what the predictors would have thought we were capable of.

Go Falcons, on to next week.

they will always do that to us. i hate it. but if we play like we did tonight we can beat our future teams and the next time we play the saints. i still cant stand how we are always behind the reciever and wait for them to catch then tackle. it reminds me of the bills. TURNER got back on! we get what we always get with the refs. but we dont give up. brees got rocked so many times. F him and his turtle bite on his face.

they will always do that to us. i hate it. but if we play like we did tonight we can beat our future teams and the next time we play the saints. i still cant stand how we are always behind the reciever and wait for them to catch then tackle. it reminds me of the bills. TURNER got back on! we get what we always get with the refs. but we dont give up. brees got rocked so many times. F him and his turtle bite on his face.

I was about to start the same topic. Thought I'd weigh in. This team fought hard in a really tough game. They never quit. I'm also proud of them and I see a resolve that hasn't existed in the past. I could be wrong, but the teams of the Jim Mora era that would give up in the middle of the season are gone. This is a team that will fight hard to the end. They aren't the most talented, and there have been a lot of injuries, but this team will find a way to make this and every December interesting. As a longtime falcon fan, that is something that is so refreshing it's kind of hard to explain what it means if you haven't been in the same boat.

Maybe I'm over emotional because I thought we might pull this one out, but there's just something different about this regime that tells me we will be in the mix every year for many years to come.

With all that said, correct Elam and two Matt Ryan throws and this would be a different ball game. I hate missed opportunities. **** me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be very disappointed with only 9 wins.

I would agree under most circumstances, and even realistically, 9 wins should be entirely possible.

But, I'm looking at 43 years without back-to-back winning seasons. That stat, and that stat alone, is why I will be completely satisfied with 9 wins.