steve young just called saints fans bandwagoners

zigg zagg

Those bandwagon fans he was reffering to are the non-locals. It's the celebs that jump from one winner to another. He's not talking about your typical Saints fan. So take what he said with a grain of salt.

those are the same fans im talking about. the ones that wore 9er jerseys there. the ones now sporting bush and brees jerseys. non locals my ***.

The Saints didn't have Payton, Brees, Bush, Colston, etc until after Katrina. It's amazing how some people can make accusations by distorting the facts or leaving out the facts. I could say that no one ever cared about Atlanta until after Sherman burned it down, but where would that get us?

2006 - Feel good story of the year

2007/2008 - no play-off appearance or winning seasons

2009 - Doing great so far

2004 and prior? New Orleans = Mardi Gras was the only thing relevant in New Orleans

And Atlanta was relevant - that is why Sherman burned it

Right, non-relevant city. Tell that to the millions of people who receive goods through our port, and the thousands of businesses that import and export through our port. The Port of New Orleans has been at the epicenter of American history since 1718. Wars were fought over it. The United States purchased Louisiana for its port.

Again I ask y'all. Show some thought and effort before posting something, especially if you know nothing about what you are saying.

Pathetic! x3

im talking about football. arguing about a city is like arguing about favorite flavors of ice cream. but football teams? new orleans has been irrelevant for quite some time before the katrina season. straight garbage. i speak from experience, falcons fans have been bandwagoners too. but the level the saints have reached is mind boggling.

I lived in NOLA for 3 years. I won't muddy the water with my thoughts on the city, but I can tell you about the fans. They have always have a loyal and emotional fan base. But when they start winning EVERYONE jumps on the bandwagon. You find a lot of "fans" who don't even understand basic football rules and what not. I wouldn't be to hard on them though. I'm born and raised here in Atlanta and we don't support our teams any better (although we are on avg a bit less obnoxious).

Right, non-relevant city. Tell that to the millions of people who receive goods through our port, and the thousands of businesses that import and export through our port. The Port of New Orleans has been at the epicenter of American history since 1718. Wars were fought over it. The United States purchased Louisiana for its port.

Again I ask y'all. Show some thought and effort before posting something, especially if you know nothing about what you are saying.

Pathetic! x3

Congrats, your city is known for people finding it a nice place to park their boat.

44-35...thats the record of these two teams...in the falcons favor.....its been a rivalry from day one, so lets hope to make 45 with no njuries, & a great game.....n o is a great city & has as much history as any....but thier team has been bad for as long & they as do we deserve something to talk about

Pathetic! x3

And see you're taking this to a historical significance - If you actually read my first post it says New Orleans wasn't relevant or cool "IN THE NFL" until after Katrina -- NFL did not exist in 1803. :P So show some literacy and read what is actually written and not try and read what you want to believe.

In NFL years the Saints were never relevant or cool until after Katrina - before that the Lions were held in higher regard. Not the African Lions but the Detroit Lions.