Spikes benched for the first half for eye gouge

wait...but Cappy said he was just going for the ball...

why would Cappy lie to me?

Excuse me for not judging based on a crappy video and wanting a better view. Also, if you had read the entire thread you'd see that a much better view was provided and I said it was obvious what Spikes was trying to do and that I didn't condone it at all. I have no reason to "lie". My first impression of it was wrong. God forbid I give someone the benefit of the doubt.

And you people accuse me of bias? Either that's pure out bias on your part or a lack of reading comprehension...

Two halves is funny. Meyer should've given him two minutes.

Raiiiiiiiiidersssssss does rhyme with Gayyyyyyyytorrrrrrrrrrrs. Maybe FL can adopt chanting their mascots' name the way Raider fans do. It rhymes w/ Raider Nation's chant, is a perfect parallel for Raider/Gator football while fitting perfectly the coach's philosophy, and people would stop finally making fun of them for clapping like seals to that song about a shark.

Just win baby.

Two halves is funny. Meyer should've given him two minutes.

Raiiiiiiiiidersssssss does rhyme with Gayyyyyyyytorrrrrrrrrrrs. Maybe FL can adopt chanting their mascots' name the way Raider fans do. It rhymes w/ Raider Nation's chant, is a perfect parallel for Raider/Gator football while fitting perfectly the coach's philosophy, and people would stop finally making fun of them for clapping like seals to that song about a shark.

Just win baby.

Sucks losing 18 out of the last 21 doesn't it?

Excuse me for not judging based on a crappy video and wanting a better view. Also, if you had read the entire thread you'd see that a much better view was provided and I said it was obvious what Spikes was trying to do and that I didn't condone it at all. I have no reason to "lie". My first impression of it was wrong. God forbid I give someone the benefit of the doubt.

And you people accuse me of bias? Either that's pure out bias on your part or a lack of reading comprehension...

Danial is not just a river in Egypt it is where your living. What a joke crappy video. :wacko:

Edited by falcons faithful

Because we all know UGA players never break a rule... :rolleyes:

Nobody said UGA or any other college programs' players don't break rules.

Not about rule breaking anyway: this is about how the rule breaking is dealt with. Don't care how great a coach he is-Meyer is a loser of a person and it's got nothing to do with UGA sucking when they play FL. Various national media are railing the guy. From the AJC to PTI to Sportscenter to MNF Countdown...and on and on.

Nobody said UGA or any other college programs' players don't break rules.

Not about rule breaking anyway: this is about how the rule breaking is dealt with. Don't care how great a coach he is-Meyer is a loser of a person and it's got nothing to do with UGA sucking when they play FL. Various national media are railing the guy. From the AJC to PTI to Sportscenter to MNF Countdown...and on and on.

Which brings me back to my point. I don't agree with your judgment of Meyer as a person. Media make their money on controversy so that really isn't much of an indicator to me. I'd be more curious what other coaches would do than them.

All that said, I'm still not excusing anything Spikes did but I can't help but wonder why the other events that happened on the UGA side that were dirty aren't met with scrutiny as well. Nick Williams shot on Tebow wasn't a normal late hit, it was blatantly taking a cheap shot at a guy in an attempt to put him out. The shot on Spikes when is helmet was off, resulting in his eye getting poked was an intentional attempt to hurt someone outside of the normal realm of football. The fact that Tebow mysteriously had to rinse out his eyes when he hadn't gotten dirt in them or anything is suspicious too but none of these things (even the ones on video) are mentioned, they are just passed off as nothing. I don't think that's right. If you bang on one side then bang on the other as well is all I'm saying...