Saints View Of How Falcons Could Win

1. You Have to control the clock. Many overlook this aspect of the game, against certain teams it's not an important stat.Against a Blitzkrieg attack of Drew Brees it's a must.

2.You have no choice, You must establish a run game,if it's not working, keep trying.

3.Do not test the Saints secondary,unless you see an obvious blown coverage. Greer, Harper,and Sharper are experts in hiding coverages against young QB's who are still developing an eye for complex defensive down-field schemes.

4.On your passing game,keep it short to intermediate, if you throw long the above mentioned will make you pay.I think Matt Ryan is good QB and possible on his way to being a great QB,but he still is young and learning and needs to coached down against certain teams.

5.Aaron Stecker, I love him as a player, get him in the game immediately, He's lived his career in the shadows of others.He's now has a chance to truly show his talent against his former teammates.He can be a bulldozer..I saw a game where Mccallister went down Bush was playing like S..t he came in taped up from head to toes grimacing in pain.. took the teem on his back and went up the middle for about 140 yds..If he's stayed in shape your in for a treat,,if givin the opportunity.And Oh Yeh he catches the ball out of the backfield A Lot.

Well I could go on an on..

Do I think the Saints win tonight, Yes

But I certainly don't thin it's a give in..The Falcons are playing well and if there on tonight and don't make mistakes they have a preety good chance to win.

This will be my last post, So best wishes for the rest of the season.

I'll log back on when we meet in Atlanta

Thank you for having me on your board.

bob

Guest The Masked Falcon

Posters like you are welcome any time. I think all of your points are valid.....

A couple of additional points though if we are going to win:

1-The Falcons must find a way to get some heat on Brees. If he doesn't get a finger laid on him all night long it might get ugly for my team.

2-The Falcons must play turnover-free football. This isn't a night where we can give the opponent any help.

1. You Have to control the clock. Many overlook this aspect of the game, against certain teams it's not an important stat.Against a Blitzkrieg attack of Drew Brees it's a must.

2.You have no choice, You must establish a run game,if it's not working, keep trying.

3.Do not test the Saints secondary,unless you see an obvious blown coverage. Greer, Harper,and Sharper are experts in hiding coverages against young QB's who are still developing an eye for complex defensive down-field schemes.

4.On your passing game,keep it short to intermediate, if you throw long the above mentioned will make you pay.I think Matt Ryan is good QB and possible on his way to being a great QB,but he still is young and learning and needs to coached down against certain teams.

5.Aaron Stecker, I love him as a player, get him in the game immediately, He's lived his career in the shadows of others.He's now has a chance to truly show his talent against his former teammates.He can be a bulldozer..I saw a game where Mccallister went down Bush was playing like S..t he came in taped up from head to toes grimacing in pain.. took the teem on his back and went up the middle for about 140 yds..If he's stayed in shape your in for a treat,,if givin the opportunity.And Oh Yeh he catches the ball out of the backfield A Lot.

But I certainly don't thin it's a give in..The Falcons are playing well and if there on tonight and don't make mistakes they have a preety good chance to win.

bob

Excellent write-up. You guys really do have a very good team. I'm hoping for a great game tonight.

In case anyone is wondering why I'm showing this guy some respect...It's because he came here in a respectful manner.

Getting our ground game going will be the key to this of course.

Absolutely. We need to establish the run to open up the passing game, control the clock and keep our D rested.

Matt Ryan has stumbled a bit recently, but he has a brilliant head and can read Defenses very well. Hopefully we let him run the no huddle early and often, and if so, he will make wise calls at the line and consistently move the chains.

Matt to Roddy - they are due from some big plays, and they will happen tonight.

Hopefully you are correct on this!

Do I think the Falcons win tonight, Yes. And I always do, no matter who they are playing.

That's what I'm talking about right there.

To you as well, Bob. Thanks for being a respectable poster and please come back anytime!

Log back in tomorrow.....we'll be serving a large portion of crow to the other Saints fans who ran their mouths too much and we can be pretty funny in the manner in which we serve it!

Thanks for coming!

bob

bob

I agree 100% with you, I've wrote a topic like this a while back but no one replied.

I guess our fans spend more time pointing out what's wrong with the team, than trying to figure out how we could win against the next team.

The Saints has win every Time of Possession battle this season, and i believe that is why they're 6-0. As long as our offense manage to hold on to the ball, control the temple of the game, and keep Drew Brees on the sideline we'll have better chance of winning this football game.

I dont care if we let Turner, Sneelling, Norwood, Stecker or the water boy carry the football, WE MUST GET OUR RUNNING GAME GOIN!

This is like the all or nothing game to us. If we win, we going to be a legitimate team, if not we just revert back to be the good ol' falcons whom always fail to perform in the spotlight.

TROLL!!!!!!!!

j/k. Nice little write up. I think you ignored what our defense needs to do, which I think will be really important tonight. Depending how our secondary turns out (I have no idea, but a DeCoud interception would be great), and if we can get pressure, especially with Abe going against Bushrod, I think we will have a chance.

bob

Good objective post and thanks for the insight on Stecker, I was wondering what type of player he is.

First off, Its nice to see some respectable Saints fans. I almost decided to respond 'We can win by scoring more points.' just to be a d*ck but then I saw this was one of the few decent ones.

As for Points 3 and 4...That is nice and all but take a look at the QBs you have tricked.

Week 1 - Matthew Stafford (Rookie)

Week 2 - Kevin Kolb (1st Career Start)

Week 3 - Trent Edwards (Crappy QB)

Week 4 - Mark Sanchez (Rookie QB)

Week 5 - Bye (This may be the Best QB you faced :P)

Week 6 - Eli Manning (With a Hurt Foot and has looked pathetic even after playing the Saints which shows its not just against you)

Week 7 - Chad Henne (4th Start)

So you have basically played 1 QB that is decent and he was injured going into the game.

Ryan may just be the biggest test you have faced at the QB position all year.

These are the only points shat I disagree with.the Saints D have been good and Sharper is having an unbelieveable year, but I don't buy the idea that they are invincible or that Ryan needs to be coached down.

I think that we HAVE to be willing to strecth the field, even if only to force the defence to respect the deep pass - which in turn will help open up the running game. If we spend all night giving the ball to Turner on every 1st down and dinking and dunking in the pasing game, it will be muich easier for the Saints to stack the box, stop Turner and contain the passing game.

Well, I haven't said too much about this game, but here we go:

There is no question that your secondary is playing lights out. That being said, let's seriously take a look at who you've faced. Matt Stafford(1st start), Kevin Kolb(1st start), Trent Edwards, Mark Sanchez(4th start), Eli Manning, and Chad Henne(3rd start). Now, as I said, your defense has been playing remarkable, but when you dive deeper, you guys have benefited greatly from playing very young, and very inexperienced QB's. This could work again with Matt Ryan, or it could now, who knows. Just pointing out that your defense is not as great as it appears.

bob

5. Stecker. I remember that game - but I think it was 5 years ago- I was a Stecker believer back then....

I agree with your first 4 points. I think a commitment to the run game, even if the sledding is tough early, is a huge key in this game for Atlanta. Even if we fall behind two scores we MUST keep grinding it. If we start throwing on 2 out of 3 plays were are just asking the Saints to get after Matt with the front 7 with their secondary in tricky zones. That formula is how they have OWNED young QBs this season.

If we want to throw on first down while the game is close that is okay, but we can't get into the habit of throwing everytime down and distance dictate throwing it. Our fans will want to dismember our OC for "boring" play calling...but that is the correct direction for our offense.

I think our Dice rolling should be on the defensive side of the ball. Try to get NO off the feild in 3 plays either with a punt...or a TD :) Since our defense can't stop them straight up why not throw some zone blitz and an occasional corner blitz in the mix. Brees is human if you can get to him early.

bob

Hi Bob,

I agree with 1 and 2.

I don't think you're giving Matt Ryan enough credit. Perhaps you haven't seen him as much as we have. He's not your typical NFL Sophomore by any stretch, and I'm not concerned about him misreading or being fooled by any defense. He will be well prepared. End of story.

That being said, Ryan's mistakes are usually mechanical in nature. And recently he just hasn't been throwing the ball very well. He's delivering alot off his back foot. Hopefully he'll have that corrected tonight. Or, for your sake, hopefully not. He is certainly capable of taking over a game and "willing" his team to win. He did it at BC (Va Tech '07), and he did it here (Chicago '08). You can underestimate the guy if you want, but you will do so at your own peril.

As for #5, it's good to hear. Because with Snelling out, we'll need him. Turner needs to have a career game tonight for us to win.

bob

Nice post and with class. A rare occurrence between our teams...thank you for your opinion.

Here's to an injury free game.

and now for the rivalry...

GO FALCONS

Brees is just like any other QB in one respect, if you smack him in the jaw a few times, you can rattle him and

disrupt his rhythm. The problem is that he gets the ball out so dang fast.

That's one thing I hate about the game today, the defense has to pull up on the QB so early once he gets the ball out because of fear of getting a penalty for a late hit. It's very hard to intimidate a guy like Brees who gets rid of it so quickly.

I agree with most of all the original posters points though, the main one being that the running game is paramount.

bob

Welcome Bob! I've been on your B&G boards chatting with your fans as well. It's a longtime rivalry and I'm looking forward to see how we match up with your explosive offense. Here's to an injury-free game.