Tennessee is back

jdu00743

There is a very real chance we'll win out the last 4 games to end up 8-4, which would be flat out amazing for Lane Kiffin. He has done the unthinkable, and single-handedly turned Crompton into a very solid SEC QB. In his first year, he plays #1 Florida close in Gainesville, then takes #1 Alabama to the very end in Tuscaloosa. And how about everyone who doubted Monte Kiffin... ..."His defense will only work in the NFL"..."His defense is too complex for 18 year olds"..."He was a terrible college coach".

Yea... :rolleyes:

After a 5-7 year last year, Tennessee has already established themselves as higher up on the SEC East hierarchy than South Carolina and UGA; the latter of which might not see the top for years with all the talent they're wasting.

Next year is set up for Tennessee to win the East with the Florida game in Knoxville. Lane will have to break in a QB, but seeing the miracle he did with Crompton (and as much as yall hate Lane, you HAVE to admit it was a miracle seeing where Crompton has come from), I'm sure we'll be fine there.

Lane's recruiting like an absolute mad man, and by 2011, this program is going to start looking a whole lot like the USC of the East...Maybe even 2010.

Florida- enjoy your last easy SEC title for a while.

Alabama- enjoy another meaningless division title and SECCG loss to Florida.

Next year, it will be LSU-Tennessee in the SECCG.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a very real chance we'll win out the last 4 games to end up 8-4, which would be flat out amazing for Lane Kiffin. He has done the unthinkable, and single-handedly turned Crompton into a very solid SEC QB. In his first year, he plays #1 Florida close in Gainesville, then takes #1 Alabama to the very end in Tuscaloosa. And how about everyone who doubted Monte Kiffin... ..."His defense will only work in the NFL"..."His defense is too complex for 18 year olds"..."He was a terrible college coach".

Yea... :rolleyes:

After a 5-7 year last year, Tennessee has already established themselves as higher up on the SEC East hierarchy than South Carolina and UGA; the latter of which might not see the top for years with all the talent they're wasting.

Next year is set up for Tennessee to win the East with the Florida game in Knoxville. Lane will have to break in a QB, but seeing the miracle he did with Crompton (and as much as yall hate Lane, you HAVE to admit it was a miracle seeing where Crompton has come from), I'm sure we'll be fine there.

Lane's recruiting like an absolute mad man, and by 2011, this program is going to start looking a whole lot like the USC of the East...Maybe even 2010.

Alabama- enjoy another meaningless division title and SECCG loss to Florida.

Oh man I knew you were going to be hard to handle after Saturday night. Congrats on the win. I was hoping for a replay of the game 2 years ago but we couldn't get out of our own way.

Oh man I knew you were going to be hard to handle after Saturday night. Congrats on the win. I was hoping for a replay of the game 2 years ago but we couldn't get out of our own way.

I'm not rubbing it in to you SC guys. You and Gamecocknfire are dang good fans. Tennessee played better, but the margin of victory was more of a function of turnovers. Without those, it probably would have been a 7 point game.

you guys have to replace alot more than a QB next year. Most UT fans Ive talked to feel you guys will take a step back at least for next season just due to the losses across the board.

Lane has turned up the heat on an offense that has what was previously the worst starting QB in SEC history and a 260 and a 270 lb. walk-on starting on the OL. If he can work his magic with those guys, I don't really care who he replaces them with. They will obviously be more talented.

On defense, we lose Berry and Dan Williams, but with Monte still here, I'm not worried. Janzen Jackson is honestly playing almost at the level Berry did when he was a true freshman.

Glad you bolded the word easy because as long as we keep winning them, I'm indifferent as to by how wide a margin we win them by.

UT in the East next year? Uh-huh, pass whatever you're smoking jdu! :D

Edit: Mixed up my UT posters...lol

Right now uga/ut/sc are all in the same category.. ut hasn't surpassed anyone with a few head to head wins. last i checked ut is 4-4. I can see ut ending up 7-5 and you guys were really a 7-5 team last year til the team quit. Going 7-5 is nice, but not enough to make those proclamations. You guys are losing a lot and you won't have the team to win the SEC East this coming year. FYI other teams are recruiting just as well as tennessee is so just because you add talent doesn't mean you guys are any better than the other teams out there doing the same thing and oh yeah we are getting rid of willie. :D

Feels good to say that Tennessee is finally back. It's so refreshing to see talent being coached up to their potential, look at Crompton, that staff has done wonders for him in the latter part of the season. Last night I heard a stat on the radio that was remarkable, in something like the last 10-12 quarters of play Tennessee has given up 1 touchdown and 3 trips inside their 20 yard line, and this was again SEC competition. The future is looking really bright right now and if we can get solid QB play next season I see no reason we shouldn't be able to compete for the east, the downside of that is we are going to be very young and the season could definitely go the opposite direction.

Right now uga/ut/sc are all in the same category.. ut hasn't surpassed anyone with a few head to head wins. last i checked ut is 4-4. I can see ut ending up 7-5 and you guys were really a 7-5 team last year til the team quit. Going 7-5 is nice, but not enough to make those proclamations. You guys are losing a lot and you won't have the team to win the SEC East this coming year. FYI other teams are recruiting just as well as tennessee is so just because you add talent doesn't mean you guys are any better than the other teams out there doing the same thing and oh yeah we are getting rid of willie. :D

Difference being this is our coaches first year, whereas it is your coaches 9th or so after he's had top 10 recruiting classes every year. Kiffin has had a fantastic first year and it is getting even better.

No offense, but our programs are clearly headed in opposite directions. Anyone who disagrees with that is in extreme denial.

Very doubtful-Daddy doesn't coach the offense.

Did you miss the game on Saturday night? I thought our offense put up 31 points. And 45 on UGA. Crompton has been the difference, and Kiffin was the difference with Crompton.

I know since Lane embarrassed UGA, the defense mechanism UGA fans have in place is to claim that Monte is doing everything, but that argument really doesn't hold much water when our offense scored 45 points on your team.

Try again.

Difference being this is our coaches first year, whereas it is your coaches 9th or so after he's had top 10 recruiting classes every year. Kiffin has had a fantastic first year and it is getting even better.

No offense, but our programs are clearly headed in opposite directions. Anyone who disagrees with that is in extreme denial.

You act like ut doesn't have any talent. You guys were consistently top 25 and a number of years top 5 in recruiting with fulmer. UT is in a better spot than UGA is for the future. We will replace our DC and we will continue to bring in some great talent and we have you in Athens next year. Kiffin took a team that was talent wise 7-5 last year and will most likely be 7-5 this year. No offense but you have no clue where UGA's program is heading. You guys are of course improving as a program with 2 out of 4 losing seasons, kiffin would have been pretty bad to not improve on that.

Did you miss the game on Saturday night? I thought our offense put up 31 points. And 45 on UGA.

Crompton has been the difference, and Kiffin was the difference with Crompton.

See the relevant teams they've respectably played and the results: GA and SC are clearly 2nd tier programs at this point. What's TN done on the road? Think TN O puts up 31 if South Carolina doesn't cough up the ball left and right? Think outcome is the same if it's a night game in Columbia?

To say that anyone other than FL represents the East next year at this point is pretty funny.

See the relevant teams they've respectably played and the results: GA and SC are clearly 2nd tier programs at this point. What's TN done on the road? Think TN O puts up 31 if South Carolina doesn't cough up the ball left and right? Think outcome is the same if it's a night game in Columbia?

To say that anyone other than FL represents the East next year at this point is pretty funny.

That's right, stick to the playbook...When you get embarrassed by someone, deny, deny deny. Don't give any credit.

You UGA fans have always and will always be the same. :lol::rolleyes:

That's right, stick to the playbook...When you get embarrassed by someone, deny, deny deny. Don't give any credit.

dude you created a tennessee is back thread after a 4-4 start to the season with loses to teams like ucla and auburn. if that is what tennessee is up to now where a .500 start gets this time of thread I wonder what happens if you guys get a few games over .500. you guys have a parade? also he made some valid points.. how about address what he said. :rolleyes:

dude you created a tennessee is back thread after a 4-4 start to the season with loses to teams like ucla and auburn. if that is what tennessee is up to now where a .500 start gets this time of thread I wonder what happens if you guys get a few games over .500. you guys have a parade? also he made some valid points.. how about address what he said. :rolleyes:

Clearly this Tennessee team is different than the team that lost to UCLA and Auburn. And that is because of 1 reason. Crompton. He was terrible, and now he is a solid SEC QB. That is 100% because of Lane Kiffin.

If Kiffin can do it with Crompton, he can do it with just about anyone.

Clearly this Tennessee team is different than the team that lost to UCLA and Auburn. And that is because of 1 reason. Crompton. He was terrible, and now he is a solid SEC QB. That is 100% because of Lane Kiffin.

Not totally disagreeing with you, but He has only really looked good against UGA (which is absolutely horrible on D this year) and USC which even Cox looked great against. Those 2 games do not make a season or a player.

Not totally disagreeing with you, but He has only really looked good against UGA (which is absolutely horrible on D this year) and USC which even Cox looked great against. Those 2 games do not make a season or a player.

He also had the best game a QB has had against Alabama this year.

Better than:

- Tyrod Taylor

- Jevan Snead

- Ryan Mallet (future #1 pick)

- Stephen Garcia

His last 3 games he has played very, very well.

Its not like Crompton was some 2 star scrub. I mean I think he was like the 2nd most coveted QB in all of his class or something. What really hurt him and what was ultimately Fulmers undoing as well IMO that was hiring Clawson. He really set Crompton back a year but he always had all the physical tools there. I am not taking anything away from LK on this front because he has done a great job with Crompton but I mean there are lots of coaches who can coach up 5 star recruits unfortunately Fulmer and Clawson couldnt get it done but Cutcliffe probably would have with the time.

Next year will be LK's true test though because losing O line and QB at the same time is not good and UT will take a step back. We will see how LK handles it and it will be a testament to how far along he truly is as a head coach. MK has always been awesome in my book and I never doubted his ability , my only questions was how long can he keep it going?

As far as the Alabama insults all I can say is I cant wait till next year. We will make it 4 in a row in Knoxville and it wont be pretty because we are young for the most part this year and next year could be our best overall team in a long time.

$. :lol:

Kiper has Crompton pegged to be a top 10 pick. TN beat GA by more points than FL, so TN is clearly better than FL....and if anyone puts Tebow in the same sentence as Crompton, they're crazy: they never give any credit. Crompton is clearly superior. Cmon dude...you gotta keep this $ material rolling.

Edited by tikibar