Serious Question About My Marriage (Falcons Related)

sourdiesal

My wife is a Saints fan.

Should I file for divorce?

She wanted to buy my son (ok "our" son) a Reggie Bush jersey last week. Of course I wouldn't allow it but the tension is still there.

I knew who she was before I married her, but ignored the facts. It was so much easier back then when Aaron Brooks was throwing the ball into the 3rd row and they were perennially our door mats..

But now they're good, really good.. Some say the best in the league..

And things are unbearable in my household.. My in-laws are all coming up from New Orleans for Thanksgiving. I don't think I can stomach an undefeated Saints team..

Should I head to the lawyers office today or wait for the results of tonights game?

Youre supposed to find these things out BEFORE you get married.

She should have lasted 1 date.

Edit: I see you knew this before you married her....well...youre stuck now.

See this is the thing about Saint's "fans".. They are only really fans when the team is doing well..

I got married in 2002. We swept the Saint's that year.. It was a glorious time.. The wiseguys were everywhere..

She used to even go to Falcons games with me at the Dome and cheer for the Birds...Her Christmas present to me was tickets on the 50 yard line for the Falcons/Rams playoff blowout..

She was a closeted Saint's fan and now her and her family want to remove the brown paper bags and gloat..

I know.. I was naive to ever trust her..

Hacksaw + Hefty Sack = ;)

And Saints fans have plenty of sacks for you to use.

J/K - Just use it to your advantage - everytime the Falcons/Saints play each other make a bet with her. You know if the Saints win - you'll clean bathrooms for a week - if the Falcons win you get that special thing in the bedroom where she always says "Uh-Uh - No Way You're Putting That There!" -- Yeah make the bet.

J/K - Just use it to your advantage - everytime the Falcons/Saints play each other make a bet with her. You know if the Saints win - you'll clean bathrooms for a week - if the Falcons win you get that special thing in the bedroom where she always says "Uh-Uh - No Way You're Putting That There!" -- Yeah make the bet.

lmao

:lol:

Bite the bullet. Let her have her way for the next couple of years. Play it up to her. She will think "wow, he's really being sweet about it....I'll tone it down". Laugh quietly on the inside while the Saints get bounced in the playoffs. At least you'll be getting some while you quietly endure the atrocities.

Let her enjoy another 2 years (if that) of Saints success. Drew Brees will age and many of their talent will leave the team via free agency. Reggie Bush jerseys can always accidentally end up in the cat's litter box, the dog house or a fall into the Goodwill giveaway box.

Falcons are young. They will dominate the Saints once again for many years to come as Ryan matures and the team finishes adding all the pieces. When the Falcons start mopping the floor with the Aints once again then gloat. If she complains remind her of the painful times you endure as you curled up and weeped about the Saints and how she almost ruined your son's legacy by trying to turn him into a Saints fan.

Worst case scenario: the Aint's win and after you've cleaned the bathrooms, put on a Sean Payton mask and you can have her anyway...............................;)

Hold up Diesel, your wife sounds EXACTLY like this wife (and husband) combo that sit in our section for a few years! He IS a die hard, ride or die FALCONS fan. She would cheer like all **** for the Birds at the Dome UNTIL the Aint's would come to town! Then, she would wear her Brooks jersey to the game, root for the Aint's (she could clown with the best of them), then husband would disown her for the game, we'd rip into her, and all would be forgiven for the next home game! Please tell me that this is not her? If it is, tell her (and you) that those were the days at the Dome and I miss you guys!!!

See this is the thing about Saint's "fans".. They are only really fans when the team is doing well..

I got married in 2002. We swept the Saint's that year.. It was a glorious time.. The wiseguys were everywhere..

She used to even go to Falcons games with me at the Dome and cheer for the Birds...Her Christmas present to me was tickets on the 50 yard line for the Falcons/Rams playoff blowout..

She was a closeted Saint's fan and now her and her family want to remove the brown paper bags and gloat..

I know.. I was naive to ever trust her..

Hold up Diesel, your wife sounds EXACTLY like this wife (and husband) combo that sit in our section for a few years! He IS a die hard, ride or die FALCONS fan. She would cheer like all **** for the Birds at the Dome UNTIL the Aint's would come to town! Then, she would wear her Brooks jersey to the game, root for the Aint's (she could clown with the best of them), then husband would disown her for the game, we'd rip into her, and all would be forgiven for the next home game! Please tell me that this is not her? If it is, tell her (and you) that those were the days at the Dome and I miss you guys!!!

That sounds just like her and me lol..But I doubt it was us, we've never been season ticket holders..

Just ride it out, Saints wont be doing this for much longer anyways. Ryan's going to be in the league for (i'm hoping) a very very long time, but back to what i was saying just ride it out, no point divorcing at the rate our economy is at right now. ON the idea side of things why not buy a Ryan and Brees' jersey and stitch both together for your boy to have. Its actually a pretty cool thing to do stitch two different jersey's together.

Just ride it out, Saints wont be doing this for much longer anyways. Ryan's going to be in the league for (i'm hoping) a very very long time, but back to what i was saying just ride it out, no point divorcing at the rate our economy is at right now. ON the idea side of things why not buy a Ryan and Brees' jersey and stitch both together for your boy to have. Its actually a pretty cool thing to do stitch two different jersey's together.

Dont stitch those jerseys together!!!! It'll be like when they crossed the beams in Ghostbusters!!! :o

Blasphemy..

That would be like stiching a U.S. flag with a North Korean flag..