Offseason

bigjmw84

FA:

Marcus McNeill,Terrence McGee,Lendale White

McNeil is an above average LT but he would be a very good RT for us making that side a strength

McGee would be a nice addition to our secondary. He finds ways to get his hands on the ball

The White pick may throw some off, but he is a strong back with good vision and is decisive when hitting the hole. With an improved line, a mix of Turner/White/Snelling could be very interesting

Resigned:

Tyson Clabo

I think OG is his best position anyway. Dahl is overhyped. (People fall in love with his mean streak, then want to overlook how average he is)

Trade our 1st for a 2nd and 3rd

2nd: Gregg Romeus - DE PITT 6-5 270 or Derick Morgan - DE GT 6-4 270

3rd: Rennie Curran - WLB UGA 5-11 220

3rd: Sergio Render - OG VT 6-4 325

4th: John Jerry - OG OLE MISS 6-5 350

5th: Erick Olsen - C ND 6-4 305

6th: David Buehler - K USC 6-2 230

6th:(comp)Dan LeFevour - QB CMU - 6-3 226

Marcus McNeill - interested but maybe unrealistic

would like to see him here but the Chargers will either extend his contract (if it is a capped year) or put a 1st and 3rd tender on him as a RFA (if it is an uncapped year). I doubt we can afford that. If it is a capped year and the Chargers do not extend we would have to pay him left tackle money (there are teams that would - 49ers, Raiders, Seahawks) and I don't think that's the best use of our resources.

Terrence McGee - not interested

Two numbers - 29 (years), 69 (height in inches - i.e. 5'9")

Lendale White - not interested

How one paced would the line up you propose be? We need a change of pace (i.e. one who can bounce to the outside, run screens and reverses etc.) back not a between-the-tackles bashers.

Derrick Morgan -very interested

Puts out some great tape - stout at the POA. Would like to have him but not sure he lasts into the second. Would like to be proven wrong though.

Greg Romeus - not interested

Take a look at the games against USF and Conn. If he is getting blocked by a TE in college in the run game I can't say I like his chances in the NFL. Looks much better against bad teams - doesn't play up to the standard of competition.

Render / Jerry - why both?

If you want to kick Clabo inside then why draft two new guards? One I can understand (Ojinnaka and Blalock's 2011 contract), but both?

Curran, Olsen, Buehler - address needs

Not my favourite prospects (I don't know about kickers so he could be I suppose) but they address needs that we have.

Needs not addressed

Do we not want to get in a TE to learn off Tony G? We could wait until 2011 I suppose but having taken 2 guards and a 3rd QB I think there is room to play with. Also is only one corner enough (with Williams perhaps not being able to come back, the regression of Jackson and Grimes)

--------------

Hope this doesn't come off as too critical but you did say comments are welcome! Good to see some new names out there though rather than the usual suspects of Rodgers/Bodden/Howard etc. Feel free to comment back.

Agree with Falco. Not a bad draft but a little heavy on O-line for me. Looks to me we only need to add a RT. I thought Romberg played pretty well as Center and RG in preseason. As you pointed out Clabo can slide over to RG. We also have Reynolds and Valdez as younger prospects. I would to add two Cbs...1 FA and 1 in draft with a 3rd Rd pick. Not entirely sold on McGee as the FA Cb I would like to sign.

Regarding tyour proposed trade. It may be hard to trade a late 1st Rounder for a 2nd and 3rd.

FA:

Marcus McNeill,Terrence McGee,Lendale White

McNeil is an above average LT but he would be a very good RT for us making that side a strength

McGee would be a nice addition to our secondary. He finds ways to get his hands on the ball

The White pick may throw some off, but he is a strong back with good vision and is decisive when hitting the hole. With an improved line, a mix of Turner/White/Snelling could be very interesting

Resigned:

Tyson Clabo

I think OG is his best position anyway. Dahl is overhyped. (People fall in love with his mean streak, then want to overlook how average he is)

Trade our 1st for a 2nd and 3rd

2nd: Gregg Romeus - DE PITT 6-5 270 or Derick Morgan - DE GT 6-4 270

3rd: Rennie Curran - WLB UGA 5-11 220

3rd: Sergio Render - OG VT 6-4 325

4th: John Jerry - OG OLE MISS 6-5 350

5th: Erick Olsen - C ND 6-4 305

6th: David Buehler - K USC 6-2 230

6th:(comp)Dan LeFevour - QB CMU - 6-3 226

McNeil

I dont think that we need to sign a FA Tackle, it is very expensive and we can find a RT in the draft.

Mcgee

I dont care about his height, but i wonder will he be a FA

White

This is a wasted FA pick, when we can just draft a RB

Clabo

I agree that he can be moved to Guard

Draft

I dont like the Romeous pick, he doesnt have great speed to the outside and has really only showed up in one game. I really dont like the Curran pick he is small and doesnt fit our scheme IMO. I dont know why you went soo heavy on the Guard position. Overall the draft is kind of weak IMO, probably because you FA are weak, but you still could address CB in the draft given the age of Mcgee.