Official Bench Chris Houston thread

atlmycity

Houston has not been that bad this year. yea he is a true #2 corner and when he played there he was strong but since Brian Williams went down he was exposed because he cant handled #1 duties. [Enter Tye Hill] i think once we get to the offseason they will make it a point to address this weakness. but we also need the front four to supply pressure. no matter how good our corners are they cant cover forever. look at the play Romo made to end the of the half. 3 linemen missed. all we need is constant pressure and i think we hav a chance. put our strongest corner on Colston. the fastest on Henderson and the most agile on Bush and i think thats the only shot we have.

Edited by vel

Houston has not been that bad this year. yea he is a true #2 corner and when he played there he was strong but since Brian Williams went down he was exposed because he cant handled #1 duties. [Enter Tye Hill] i think once we get to the preseason they will make it a point to address this weakness. but we also need the front four to supply pressure. no matter how good our corners are they cant cover forever. look at the play Romo made to end the of the half. 3 linemen missed. all we need is constant pressure and i think we hav a chance. put our strongest corner on Colston. the fastest on Henderson and the most agile on Bush and i think thats the only shot we have.

We definitely need to work on pressure. Abe is getting double and triple teamed because the two inside guys aren't eating up blockers like Jerry did. Someone has to step up in the middle to command that kind of respect to get our pass rush fixed IMO...

We definitely need to work on pressure. Abe is getting double and triple teamed because the two inside guys aren't eating up blockers like Jerry did. Someone has to step up in the middle to command that kind of respect to get our pass rush fixed IMO...

Yea we do need to get more pressure, but when we have Its the same result Houston never gets his head around, maybe he isnt fit for Vangorder's scheme.

Yea he has been playing really ****** the past few seasons but that does not mean he should be benched.

If we kept that mentality we would of benched roddy white a long time ago.

Well Roddy , he was a rookie an a sophmore with Michael Vick. Most recievers dont develop until around about their 3rd and fourth year depending on the offense theyre in. When he was in Petrino's offense which is a pass happy offense it gave him more opportunities to catch the football opposed to Mora who told Vick to run the majority of the time. You know Vick really didnt like Mora an gave him several hints that he wanted to pass more an took shots at Mora few times in interviews. Thats why petrino was brought here, cuz he was more of a passing offense, and that helped Roddy out alot an so did Joe horn, but Houston? He has no reason not to get his head around.

Edited by atlmycity

We should have made a trade a couple of weeks ago with the injury to williams and our lack of depth at the cb situation, all of our cbs would be good backups, but a trade would have been nice though. cb is going to have to be one of our first picks next year for sure.

i say that Hill and Owens are going to get some time this game because they can handle man to man duties better and because there is no tape on them in our system. yea Hill just learned it but i think he knew the system for some time now and was just polishing it up until we got to this game and they were gonna play him williams and houston as our top corners. we have a better shot than people are giving us credit for. our offense is strong just like theirs we just cant turn the ball over and have to hound them every time they have the ball. look at how the dolphins did it.

i say that Hill and Owens are going to get some time this game because they can handle man to man duties better and because there is no tape on them in our system. yea Hill just learned it but i think he knew the system for some time now and was just polishing it up until we got to this game and they were gonna play him williams and houston as our top corners. we have a better shot than people are giving us credit for. our offense is strong just like theirs we just cant turn the ball over and have to hound them every time they have the ball. look at how the dolphins did it.

Yea Turnovers would cost us dearly this game.

Not yet! He actually turned his head last week. Just when I thought he was born without a neck, he actually turned around to locate a ball thrown to the receiver he was covering.

Crisp has all of the physical tools to be a quality corner. Speed, quickness and a nose for the ball (when he looks for it!). I say keep him in.

Not yet! He actually turned his head last week. Just when I thought he was born without a neck, he actually turned around to locate a ball thrown to the receiver he was covering.

Crisp has all of the physical tools to be a quality corner. Speed, quickness and a nose for the ball (when he looks for it!). I say keep him in.

:lol::lol::lol: