New UGA Coach

First the more I hear the more of a likelihood this happens btw. CMR will be given a mandate to fire coaches and he will have to do it. If he doesn't he may choose to retire and I could see him taking his family on a mission for a few years and recharge. Right now CMR is beatdown. His interview after the uf game told me a lot. Those who talk to him say he still has that fire, but frankly i don't know if he has enough. He has close friends on the coaching staff that he will have to fire and I don't know if he is willing to do that. His loyalty is very strong. Whatever happens we will find out shortly after the GT game, but even if we win out (unlikely) he will have to make some major changes including CVH.

Also IMO it depends on what he resigns, but if it's early i think UGA could go after Brian Kelly.

First the more I hear the more of a likelihood this happens btw. CMR will be given a mandate to fire coaches and he will have to do it. If he doesn't he may choose to retire and I could see him taking his family on a mission for a few years and recharge. Right now CMR is beatdown. His interview after the uf game told me a lot. Those who talk to him say he still has that fire, but frankly i don't know if he has enough. He has close friends on the coaching staff that he will have to fire and I don't know if he is willing to do that. His loyalty is very strong. Whatever happens we will find out shortly after the GT game, but even if we win out (unlikely) he will have to make some major changes including CVH.

Also IMO it depends on what he resigns, but if it's early i think UGA could go after Brian Kelly.

How long is Kelly's contract with Cincy

Ya don't say... :P

I know how you feel/felt about the guy but IMO he would be absolutely the PERFECT guy to hire if Richt were to walk away. Personally I hope Richt stays for two reasons.

1) I think he's a high quality coach who's gonna need to "mature" a bit and face the fact that college coaching is a business too and tough decisions have to be made without regard to personaly feelings.

2) More importantly I think Kelly would immediately turn UGA into a powerhouse football team that has no qualms about grinding their opponents into a fine powder and blowing the dust to the four corners of the planet. He's not a nice guy; he won't hesitate to amp up the fire at Georgia. I mean that as an absolute compliment by the way.

Ya don't say... :P

I know how you feel/felt about the guy but IMO he would be absolutely the PERFECT guy to hire if Richt were to walk away. Personally I hope Richt stays for two reasons.

1) I think he's a high quality coach who's gonna need to "mature" a bit and face the fact that college coaching is a business too and tough decisions have to be made without regard to personaly feelings.

2) More importantly I think Kelly would immediately turn UGA into a powerhouse football team that has no qualms about grinding their opponents into a fine powder and blowing the dust to the four corners of the planet. He's not a nice guy; he won't hesitate to amp up the fire at Georgia. I mean that as an absolute compliment by the way.

I have turned around in my opinion of brian kelly. I am not fan of what i know about him, but he doesn't have to do some things when he comes to uga with our recruiting all you can eat buffet instate. I can't stand brian kelly which means he would be a great hire for uga and you are right he would run up the score and drill our opponents and he is one nasty son of a gun and would kick major tail in the sec IMO if he came to uga with the talent we have here. I would still say I can't stand him.

Regarding CMR if his heart isn't in it then leave, but if he is not going to fire his assistants who are failures then leave. If he is willing to fire guys and change stuff then I am all for him staying.

I have turned around in my opinion of brian kelly. I am not fan of what i know about him, but he doesn't have to do some things when he comes to uga with our recruiting all you can eat buffet instate. I can't stand brian kelly which means he would be a great hire for uga and you are right he would run up the score and drill our opponents and he is one nasty son of a gun and would kick major tail in the sec IMO if he came to uga with the talent we have here. I would still say I can't stand him.

Regarding CMR if his heart isn't in it then leave, but if he is not going to fire his assistants who are failures then leave. If he is willing to fire guys and change stuff then I am all for him staying.

I believe you're right. I'm sure Richt is struggling with the idea of letting his friends go, but at some point he has got be honest with himself and admit that by not doing it (if that is indeed what needs to happen) he's doing a huge disservice to his fans, his school, and the players on the team. I hope he stays down there. He classes up the joint (the SEC).

I believe you're right. I'm sure Richt is struggling with the idea of letting his friends go, but at some point he has got be honest with himself and admit that by not doing it (if that is indeed what needs to happen) he's doing a huge disservice to his fans, his school, and the players on the team. I hope he stays down there. He classes up the joint (the SEC).

I'm really hoping Bobo the clown & Willie Mo will take the pressure off & both resign on their own. Richt doesn't want to do it, but I think in the end he will. If you want to keep them on staff, well, demote them to position coaches & hire new coordinators, but I'm not sure that's the right answer either. Bobo is the QB coach & I really wasn't impressed with Stafford's improvement at UGA, he did improve, from experience, but not as much as expected. Cox & Gray both just look awful, making some of the same stupid decisions Stafford continued to make, but without the arm to get away with it like Staff did. Not sure where W-MO would go in the defense if he stayed with a demotion. He was the secondary coach before the promotion & that's the worst part of our defense the last few years, so I really don't want him going back to there. I really just hope both coordinators decide to step down.

I'm really hoping Bobo the clown & Willie Mo will take the pressure off & both resign on their own. Richt doesn't want to do it, but I think in the end he will. If you want to keep them on staff, well, demote them to position coaches & hire new coordinators, but I'm not sure that's the right answer either. Bobo is the QB coach & I really wasn't impressed with Stafford's improvement at UGA, he did improve, from experience, but not as much as expected. Cox & Gray both just look awful, making some of the same stupid decisions Stafford continued to make, but without the arm to get away with it like Staff did. Not sure where W-MO would go in the defense if he stayed with a demotion. He was the secondary coach before the promotion & that's the worst part of our defense the last few years, so I really don't want him going back to there. I really just hope both coordinators decide to step down.

I agree robb4242 on both coordinators. I want both gone, but understand bobo is calling mark richt's offense which hasn't changed much since the 90s. I did see something this past weekend that could be a sign of things to come. CMR actually grabbed the headset out of bobo's hand when we were in the red zone and called timeout. CMR changed the call. We came out in a different set and threw for the TD. I wonder if CMR may be handling more of the play calling duties if we continue to struggle with bobo making mistakes.