SORRY Fellow Falcon Fans

Xfactor

It is what it is, the Saints are on a roll and we are becoming a Mash unit. Having two solid CB's coming into the game would not guarantee a victory due to our anemic pass rush. Now we have JA with a bad wheel and we don't even know who our starting CB's are. This against a team ranked 4th in total offense, 7th in passing, 4th in rushing and 10th in receiving.

To make things worse they have a decent defense this year and they are playing at home. I hope we can upset the Saints but to be honest if we don't this will not be upsetting due to being a realist. The only part that will hurt will be this game will probably decide the NFC South if the Saints go to 7-0 and we fall to 4-3. Something good to take away from this is if we can get healthy we can still make the playoffs and that's all that matters to me.

I will be there Monday night but the Falcons will have to play a level of football I've yet to see this year to pull off a win against NO at home, but anything is possible.

Edited by Xfactor

Is it comfy being "realistic"?

On one hand - if we win - you are happy and say - wow - I'm glad I was wrong. Good Feeling.

On the other hand - if we lose - you can use whatever excuses and say - I told you so - not a good feeling but at least you have nothing invested.

I say they go there - they play their game and they have as much chance to win as any other game - period.

I'm rooting for them all the way and yes - I BELIEVE they can and will win. If I'm wrong - then I feel worse about losing the game than I ever would about being wrong - and I feel great about a win because I believed in them all the way - and I was right - what a glorious feeling that is - having faith in your team and truly feeling they can win.

Try it sometime - it is an absolutely awesome way to face the week of the game - floating instead of dreading. The outcome is not affected by how you feel anyway - any more than it is how I feel.

I'd rather feel anxious excitement and go into the game feeling like a winner - than dreading the outcome of the game before the Falcons have even gotten on the bus to go to the game.

Either way - at the end of the game - I'm either elated that we won - or despondent that we lost - why not be elated the week before?

On one hand - if we win - you are happy and say - wow - I'm glad I was wrong. Good Feeling.

On the other hand - if we lose - you can use whatever excuses and say - I told you so - not a good feeling but at least you have nothing invested.

I say they go there - they play their game and they have as much chance to win as any other game - period.

I'm rooting for them all the way and yes - I BELIEVE they can and will win. If I'm wrong - then I feel worse about losing the game than I ever would about being wrong - and I feel great about a win because I believed in them all the way - and I was right - what a glorious feeling that is - having faith in your team and truly feeling they can win.

Try it sometime - it is an absolutely awesome way to face the week of the game - floating instead of dreading. The outcome is not affected by how you feel anyway - any more than it is how I feel.

I'd rather feel anxious excitement and go into the game feeling like a winner - than dreading the outcome of the game before the Falcons have even gotten on the bus to go to the game.

Either way - at the end of the game - I'm either elated that we won - or despondent that we lost - why not be elated the week before?

Good post Tandy!

i started off not feeling so good about this game but as the week has gone on i feel very good. this is football. every so often stats have to be thrown out the window. statistically we weren't supposed to have 500 yds of offense on the niners D, but it happened. we shut them down last year and our D was worse than this year's IMO. we also did a pretty good job on them in the dome if it wasn't for that long KR and then our O stalling late in the game.

trust that smitty and co. will come up with a good gameplan and our team executes it. our O may not have played up to their potential but they could on monday. we all know how good they are and can be and should they play like it we can definitely beat NO.

i started off not feeling so good about this game but as the week has gone on i feel very good. this is football. every so often stats have to be thrown out the window. statistically we weren't supposed to have 500 yds of offense on the niners D, but it happened. we shut them down last year and our D was worse than this year's IMO. we also did a pretty good job on them in the dome if it wasn't for that long KR and then our O stalling late in the game.

trust that smitty and co. will come up with a good gameplan and our team executes it. our O may not have played up to their potential but they could on monday. we all know how good they are and can be and should they play like it we can definitely beat NO.

Don't forget that we need Turner to find his mojo,....which he will.

I'm very excited about this game as I am on all of them. Being that it's the Aints, the excitement is at a high level.

I don't think we win. I've already stated the reasons before. And I dayum wouldn't be saying I told you so about it, cause I will

feel awful. But I will literally be praying that we win ! ! !

It is what it is, the Saints are on a roll and we are becoming a Mash unit.

etc, etc, etc....................................................

I can go with respecting the opponent and not saying "Falcons will win 50-3", but seriously:

You're being too cautious, man. Get out here on the limb with us and pull for your Birds!

I hope the coaching staff and players don't adopt your perspective, and play "not to lose" Let 'em play to win the game!

The way I see it....

This is a rivalry game.

The lack of respect our boys have gotten this week has to fire them up.

All of the pressure is on the Saints.

Other than the Giants and the McNabbless Eagles.....who have the Saints faced?

The Saints may look better than they ever have but they are still the Saints.

They may very well be the 98 Vikings, only time will tell, and we know how that panned out.

Believe!

I have hada good feeling about it even after we lost to dallas...

Why??

Because I knew smith would have his team fired up.

I think we are going to come out and smash them i nthe mouth like the dolphins did.... unfortunately for the saints we have a better Oline and better receivers then the dolphins not to mention a MUCH better qb... if they sell out to stop the run.... lets just say I doubt there will be a miracle in NO for the saints. ;)

We will win. We have to. This really is a game that we have to have not just because of the division race but because we need the confidence. When we pull out this win even with our injuries it will feel like we won the Superbowl.

No one gives us a chance and it is great to have a meaningful game this early in the year. The Saints are not invincible. They have been on the ropes a few times this year and they can be beat.

We must win... if not now then when...

They say what you speak becomes the truth so I say we win, we win big, and we win every game in our division this year.

This game will show many things about the Falcon team and franchise.

How well coached they are.

Mental toughness.

Character.

Desire.

Pride.

Last but not least..........Ability. The ABILITY to overcome overwhelming odds.

Not an easy task but a true challenge that can define this franchise for years to come.

HUGE.

Too bad not everyone is allowed to have faith in their team. Just ask Reggie Bush. He gets slammed for having faith in his team.

Not by me.

But that is just the way it is. If you think I don't get slammed for having faith in my team you are wrong. I just don't care who laughs or sneers. I believe in them and I like the way it feels.

Too bad not everyone is allowed to have faith in their team. Just ask Reggie Bush. He gets slammed for having faith in his team.

IMO, that was Reggie Bush being the egotistical and arrogant person that he is. Not a show of faith in your team. You don't think our boys have faith in their team? They absolutely do...they just don't say it the way Bush does. They are more humble and have more class. Sorry, just the truth.

I have and always will have faith in our boys! I have said it over and over again. I have taken heat for it, also. Do I care? Absolutely not! This is the team I love and will stick by win or lose! I truly believe that we can win this game! I have said it all week and I will NOT let any negativity from ANY source change my mind1 Honestly, the only thing it does is fire me up even more! So, here's to our boys! Go get 'em! I know you can do it! GO FALCONS!!!

Tandy I'm as big a fan as you are trust me. I start thinking about the upcoming game almost to the minute the last game ended. I've been a Falcons fan for 30+ years a STH and living in the Carolina's never thought once of leaving my Falcons for the Panthers when it was a popular choice.

I have waves of emotions like you and even have a pre-game ritual. I'm also not blind and understand the Saints are the stronger team right now. I'm a huge sports fan and have seen many upsets Ali-Foreman, Villanova-Georgetown and Tyson-Douglas etc etc. This game just doesn't have upset due to our injury status, New Orleans at home etc. I can't stand the Saints but you gotta give them their due they are playing great football right now.

If we play New Orleans like we did Dallas (I'm still upset about their level of play last week) a lot of people on this board better become a realist because we will be embarrassed on National TV and the game will be a runaway.