Trip to Vegas with the Falcons on my mind....

Ok, so the "experts" are all wrong....right?

Now think about this for 30 seconds before typing your answer.......

You are in Las Vegas this weekend and walk into a sports book. You look at the Big Board and you see the Falcons/Saints game. You have $2,500 cash in your pocket which happens to represent you fun money for the rest of the year. You make the decision to wager all of it on the game...heads up! You are alone, no friends around. Who are you gonna lay the bet on? Falcons? Saints? Either bet will double your money.

Think about it.

(I know I posted this elsewhere, but it really deserved it's own topic)

Edited by OustRayDaMayor

You are in Las Vegas this weekend and walk into a sports book. You look at the Big Board and you see the Falcons/Saints game. You have $2,500 cash in your pocket which happens to represent you fun money for the rest of the year. You make the decision to wager all of it on the game...heads up! You are alone, no friends around. Who are you gonna lay the bet on? Falcons? Saints? Either bet will double your money.

Think about it.

Oh, I've thought about on numerous occasions. This is why I don't bet on Falcons games: More often than not it's a losing proposition. Consider:

Proposition 1: Falcons win game; covers spread.

Results: Life is great!

Proposition 2: Falcons win game; do not cover spread.

Results: Feel good about Falcons winning; feel foolish for betting on them.

Proposition 3: Falcons lose game; covers spread.

Results: Feel good about winning money; feel bad about Falcons losing.

Proposition 4: Falcons lose game; do not cover spread.

Results: Worst possible outcome.

Proposition 5: Bet on other team.

Results: Feel like traitor.

Now the above applies only to those who really care about the games. If you are some degenerate bettor who really don't care who wins so long as you win your bet, why even ask the question?

The reason Ain'ts fans wore bags over their face was to hide the shame of betting against their own team for so many years.

You should have been aborted. You probably never even saw a game with the bags. Besides, you had that left handed monkey hanging your family members from trees and sh*t so I don't want to hear anything about bags.

Actually, I have money on the Falcons and I fully expect to win.

Listen - just because the "experts" , Saints fans and "doubtful" Falcon fans don't believe they will win, there are plenty of fans just like me - who fully believe and expect them to win.

If they didn't - why not just stay at home and crown the Saints superbowl winners today. I'm sure that's whay you think should happen, but I think we whoop that butt Monday night - and yes ...

I put my money where my mouth is - did you:?

By the way, like every fanbase - we have our share of "realistic" fans. Those who always see the other teams great attributes and think the worst of our chances.

Most of those same ones who are predicting a great loss - predicted a loss against Miami, a loss against San Diego last year, a definite loss against Green Bay last year, a loss at home against Carolina last year, a loss at home against Tampa last year, a loss at home against Saints and Brees last year, a loss against Chicago last year and definitely Jay Cutler this year and pretty much fears our chances against any good team. Last year against Minnesota - those fans were absolutely as confident that Vikings would win the game as they are the Saints win this one. We know how that turned out.

Afterwards, they are delighted with the win and it's all cool - because they say - I'm glad I was wrong and all is well - until the next good team we face. It's a win-win situation not to sink your total pot into the ante because you fear the cards the other guy is holding - then being happy when you win the hand.

Me - I'm throwing all my chips in for the Falcons - and if I walk away without a cent - so be it - I'll earn more for the next round.

Think about it.

(I know I posted this elsewhere, but it really deserved it's own topic)

I'm an avid gambler, but one of my golden rules is to never bet on the Falcons, just doesn't seem right. Plus I don't handle loses well, I couldnt imagine the birds losing, and at the same time losing money. Same goes for the Bulldogs!