From Pat Yasinskas

yeah, it's fact that a good player doesn't have to be groomed for a system and get the language down. i mean, that would just be crazy. that's not the reason big time trades aren't made too frequently in the NFL for skill positions. no, that's all jibber jabber, the fact is, if he was any good he would've been starting week 1, just like Foxworth did last year, someone who happened to play pretty well. :rolleyes:

I believe he is showing the coaches exactly what they wanted to see. And if its true that Hill is starting then obviously he is about to show up in a big way vs the saints. Have any of you thought that we were saving him for a game like this? I mean the saints can watch film of him from his days with the Rams but they havent seen him in our scheme and thats a way to get an advantage on the opposing team. Especially a team like the Saints that likes to air it out.

Your thoughts on Tye Hill this week? does he start?

No, if coaches thought he had anything, Hill already would have been starting.

I'm actually surprised by this statement. You need only look at Foxworth last year to see how this coaching staff handles players whether they think they're talented or not. Foxworth didn't start till what, week 8 last year?

They just don't want to throw a guy out on the field before he knows the system... that would just guarantee he gives up plays.

So the guys that "knew" the system and still GAVE UP PLAYS last Sunday?

Um this is football last time I checked QB are paid to throw paqsses to WR's which are covered by CB's, so yes CB's are going to give up plays. And it is known that are CB's are not that talented, but with that being said a very untalented Secondary can look good if the D-line gets a pass rush.

Against the Bears we constantly hit Cutler and while he threw for 300 yds we only gave up 14 points and picked him off twice.

Even Nnamdi gets burned granted not nearly as much but he does.

Edited by 84White32wood

illest_will

Posted Today, 01:44 PM

yeah, it's fact that a good player doesn't have to be groomed for a system and get the language down. i mean, that would just be crazy. that's not the reason big time trades aren't made too frequently in the NFL for skill positions. no, that's all jibber jabber, the fact is, if he was any good he would've been starting week 1, just like Foxworth did last year, someone who happened to play pretty well.

Foxworth didn't start till week 8. So there may be some hope for the kid.

Atlanta Falcons

On September 2, 2008, Foxworth was traded to the Atlanta Falcons for a seventh-round pick in the 2009 NFL Draft. Had Atlanta re-signed Foxworth after 2008, the 7th round pick would have turned into a 6th round pick. [2]

Foxworth became a starter for the Falcons during week 8 when the club played Philadelphia. He allowed no catches and had one pass defensed. His best day as a Falcon came week 10 versus New Orleans. He allowed 2 catches, had 3 passes defensed (one saving a touchdown) and 4 tackles.

Link