How have teams tried to stop the Saints so far?

Blitzing hardly works against Brees, he's like Ryan. He posts better stats against the blitz. On the other hand, he can make all the throws even in really tight coverage. He trusts his arm a lot and will make the throws. Our defence will have to play reckless, baiting Brees into throws before trying to make plays on the ball while getting heavy pressure with our front 4.

The Bills slowed them down for most of the game by dropping everyone into coverage. The Saints had some success on the ground but the biggest problem for the Bills is they couldn't score themselves.

The Dolphins had success early by blitzing, but the key is that their secondary got their heads turned around on the seam patterns and they were able to make plays. In the second half the Saints went with more running and crossing pattern pass plays and they ate up the Dolphins.

The Jets did the best job with their zone blitz schemes, holding the NO offense to only 10 points. Unfortunately, Sanchez gave away 14 points to the Saints.

In order to have any chance in this game the Falcons have got to protect the ball.

Blitzing hardly works against Brees, he's like Ryan. He posts better stats against the blitz. On the other hand, he can make all the throws even in really tight coverage. He trusts his arm a lot and will make the throws. Our defence will have to play reckless, baiting Brees into throws before trying to make plays on the ball while getting heavy pressure with our front 4.

I've heard that he's great against the blitz.

BTW: Reggie Bush is talking about them going 18-0!!!!!!! That is a huge advantage for the Falcons. If the whole team has even the slightest of similarity in attitude, the Falcons will win this game. Payton dismissed that and said the right things, so there's a good chance Bush's comments don't reflect the whole team.

BTW: Reggie Bush is talking about them going 18-0!!!!!!! That is a huge advantage for the Falcons. If the whole team has even the slightest of similarity in attitude, the Falcons will win this game. Payton dismissed that and said the right things, so there's a good chance Bush's comments don't reflect the whole team.

he can be.

As for Reggie's comments- taken totally out of context. He was asked if the he thought the Saints can go undefeated. His response was " I think we can ( not will, but can ) we have the talent, the coaching, the chemistry..." So he never said WE WILL he said WE CAN -

ESPN and them building a mountain out of a molehill...remember the first letter in ESPN stands for "ENTERTAINMENT"

he can be.

As for Reggie's comments- taken totally out of context. He was asked if the he thought the Saints can go undefeated. His response was " I think we can ( not will, but can ) we have the talent, the coaching, the chemistry..." So he never said WE WILL he said WE CAN -

ESPN and them building a mountain out of a molehill...remember the first letter in ESPN stands for "ENTERTAINMENT"

and the SPN stands for (sucking Patriots nuts!)

That would be 19-0

Beat me to it...

Probably more like 11-6 or 12-5 though... :P

If we get HFA for the playoffs we will not lose in the dome...It will be entirely too loud for opposing teams to cope. I dont know if you plan on attending Monday's game, but I can assure you that the level of noise Monday night will rival that of anything you have heard. ( It will likely be along the lines of the Monday night re-opening party we hosted :) ) It will be quite loud and chaotic.

as for stopping the Saints...keep our offense off the field. I was really concerned last sunday against Miami. It looked like they had figured somethnig out.They did but our Coaches made the adjustment. Then I thought no way we come back from 21 down, and we scored 36 pts in the 2nd half. Like I said, you try to keep our offense off the field and no short fields or we may drop 40+ Monday night. If you blitz, you will see some screens and swing passes...something that your Falcons havent seen on tape because we have only ran 3-4 plays like this in 6 games.

also, our DC said back in Sept in an interview that he will not show all his defensive looks until division play starts. So more than likely GW has some defensive schemes that Ryan will not see on the previous 6 game tapes.

If we get HFA for the playoffs we will not lose in the dome...It will be entirely too loud for opposing teams to cope. I dont know if you plan on attending Monday's game, but I can assure you that the level of noise Monday night will rival that of anything you have heard. ( It will likely be along the lines of the Monday night re-opening party we hosted :) ) It will be quite loud and chaotic.

as for stopping the Saints...keep our offense off the field. I was really concerned last sunday against Miami. It looked like they had figured somethnig out.They did but our Coaches made the adjustment. Then I thought no way we come back from 21 down, and we scored 36 pts in the 2nd half. Like I said, you try to keep our offense off the field and no short fields or we may drop 40+ Monday night. If you blitz, you will see some screens and swing passes...something that your Falcons havent seen on tape because we have only ran 3-4 plays like this in 6 games.

also, our DC said back in Sept in an interview that he will not show all his defensive looks until division play starts. So more than likely GW has some defensive schemes that Ryan will not see on the previous 6 game tapes.

All I have to say is that I believe it is Paper Bag night at the SuperDome. The Falcons are gonna have the crowd in stunned silence when we hand you your first loss.

SuperDome Crowd

See below:

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

This is will actually be the number of fans left at the end of the game

he can be.

You want to get technical, then so will I.

Bust also said "when" they win the Superbowl and "when" he wins MVP and "when" he goes to the probowl. So he may have not been predicting an undefeated season, but he was most certainly predicting a Superbowl victory, a probowl season, and an MVP award in his future.

Still some rather lofty(delusional) predictions if you ask most. ;)

All I have to say is that I believe it is Paper Bag night at the SuperDome. The Falcons are gonna have the crowd in stunned silence when we hand you your first loss.

SuperDome Crowd

See below:

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

This is will actually be the number of fans left at the end of the game

There hasnt been a "paper bag" in the dome since Cher played her last concert there...:)

Great...can you expand on why or how you think the Falcons will defeat the Saints at home? What have you seen from the most recent game that would lead you to believe this ( aside from the obvious homerism...)

You want to get technical, then so will I.

Bust also said "when" they win the Superbowl and "when" he wins MVP and "when" he goes to the probowl. So he may have not been predicting an undefeated season, but he was most certainly predicting a Superbowl victory, a probowl season, and an MVP award in his future.

Still some rather lofty(delusional) predictions if you ask most. ;)

Please re-read your statement. The undefeated remark was out of context with respect to "can or will we". Your excerpt there is again, out of context. He said when we win Superbowl, When he wins MVP etc...he didnt say 2009. It could be next year or the year after.

Heck, from all that I have seen, if we can retain our core coaches and 90% of our players, I dont see why we cant a) win a Superbowl and B) Reggie making the probowl ( remember he plays special teams as in punts so he could go in that regard ) The MVP thing, may be a stretch, but this team from player to player is confident of thier own ability. I have no problem with that. ****, its time that we have the pieces fall in place.

There hasnt been a "paper bag" in the dome since Cher played her last concert there...:)

Great...can you expand on why or how you think the Falcons will defeat the Saints at home? What have you seen from the most recent game that would lead you to believe this ( aside from the obvious homerism...)

Just for the sake of argument: 1 game doesn't define who we are as a team, just sayin.

Edited by ConnFalcon

Just for the sake of argument: 1 game doesn't define who we are as a team, just sayin.

ok I'll go along - so the last 6 games...

Here is what has happened in the dome up to this point-

Brees- 73% completion 10 tds v 1 int and 0 sacks

Scoring 45, 24, and 48 for an avg of 39 points-

on the road you guys avg 25 pts -

Look at the trend here - the past two games against Bears and Cowboys, your offense struggled. It is widely known that your Secondary is highly suspect and your running game is not what it was last year. We excel at attacking the secondary and if we do not have to concetrate on stuffing the run, we can play the run on the way to the QB. Add the extremely hostile environment, and I can assure you that right before kickoff the Falson players will be saying "****, these folks are stoked".

Really? Brees is like Ryan? ProBowl vet QB is like a 2nd year guy? Good observation. hahahaha I think you mean Ryan is like Brees sir. Good try.

Saints 45

Falcons 24

No, you dumb ******. I'm saying Brees is good against the blitz, just like Ryan is.

Yes I agree, It is kinda like a lot of game plans against the Colts and Patriots, keep Manning and Brady off the field and you increase your chances of winning.

we need to slow down the tempo of the game....which they are NOT adapted too in all past 6 games!!

We make them uncomfortable in their own house.....they will be forced to make plays....& we pick them EVERY effin time they have a miscue! Pay them for every turnover!!

Even if we are 4 & short....I believe we should go for it.......pound them! play after play!! Quarter after Quarter!! :angry::angry:

Edited by mattyicefalcon