Why and How....

RealBird!

Why? - The run game resurfaces...in a big way! Look, the 3-4 has really giving us fits...Miami, NE, Dallas. Luckily, we don't have that to deal with. I think Turner turns in 110 and Snelling adds another 68. We control the clock and, therefore, don't give the Aints a chance to run up the score.

How? - On their offense, their running game is gonna look less than stellar this week. The FB is out and they just brought in his replacement. Outside of some sneaky stuff with Bush, we should have a better shot at stopping the run. This means more max protect from them to keep Abe and company honest, working to our advantage. Lofton and/or Decoud are the keys to keep Shockey from opening up the middle and we can survive with more zone play. As long as we keep out of 1 on 1 matchups, we can win this.

I say Falcons 28, Saints 26....

What say you??

Ww better hope Snelling is playing.

The key to winning this game is not to play scared like we did against the Pats and Dallas. We need a fast start, we need to unleash Matt Ryan. Turner needs to show up and play with the sense of urgency he did last season. We can't get conservative if we get a lead, and especially if we are a score or two behind, like we did in Dallas and NE.If it's the 4th down and short in the 4th quarter and we are down, we need to go for it. We need to beat the "finesse" out that dandy team and send it back to the beauty salon it belongs in. Conservatism is why we lost the 2 games we did on the road, conservatism is cowardice. We have to leave it all on the field. I'd rather lose fighting our tails off than lose scared. The Aint's are going down. We can't let a ballet troupe win the South.

we need to turn our running game around something fierce, and not call the same old predictable and boring plays for gains of 1 and 2 yards. If the gut isn't working we need to bounce outside or dumpoff passes or try reverses.

If we can successfully gain 150 yards on the ground, and play good nickle and dime defense we win this game 26-22.

Ww better hope Snelling is playing.

The key to winning this game is not to play scared like we did against the Pats and Dallas. We need a fast start, we need to unleash Matt Ryan. Turner needs to show up and play with the sense of urgency he did last season. We can't get conservative if we get a lead, and especially if we are a score or two behind, like we did in Dallas and NE.If it's the 4th down and short in the 4th quarter and we are down, we need to go for it. We need to beat the "finesse" out that dandy team and send it back to the beauty salon it belongs in. Conservatism is why we lost the 2 games we did on the road, conservatism is cowardice. We have to leave it all on the field. I'd rather lose fighting our tails off than lose scared. The Aint's are going down. We can't let a ballet troupe win the South.

Well said and so true. This team needs to man up and play to its full potential. Everyoneas written the Falcons off and we are the underdog, so let's go in to NO and steal us a win.

Last year we lost this game because we couldn't stop the rookie RB. I think his name was Bell.

You mean Thomas. That is because it was the first game of the year they decided to run the ball and we didn't game plan for it. Caught us off guard and unprepared. Not this year.

Why can't we plan for the 3-4?

It shouldn't be that hard.

If this is truly a weakness then other teams will exploit it with various different defensive looks to confuse our offense. I wouldn't be surprised to see 3-4 style defenses thrown at us this weekend. Most teams employ different schemes regardless of personnel.

I've been trying to think like Sean Payton : What do the Saints want to do in this game?

For one...Payton is such a cocky basta**, i dont think he wants this game to even be close. I think he is telling his players that they could wrap up the NFC South this week and with the home crowd they could demoralize us quick and then step on our throats. I think he is telling his players that if they come to Atlanta later in the year and lose, they want to get the point differential so that it wont make much of a difference. I think he is gameplanning on beating us quick and then running up the score. I think he believes they have caught us at the right time.

I doubt they will even run the ball, except for a couple trick play reverses or whatever.

I think they will come out to pass and pass and pass some more and try to run the score up early in the game.

On Defense i dont think Payton gives us any credit.

I think he gives our offense even less credit. I expect them to blitz and blitz and blitz some more.

I expect them to use the crowd, the refs, and even some cheap shots to achieve this goal.

What can the Falcons do to win this game? Or better yet...what can the Falcons do to change this mindset that the Saints will have coming into this game?

Good points i have read on here : Long sustained drives that eat up clock. Get the running game going. Play alot of nickel and dime coverage with the hopes of creating a couple turnovers vs. the pass happy Saints offense.

Other than that, the only hope i see of us winning this game is our attitude. We have got to come out to play smashmouth football and let the Saints know from the first play that we mean business. And that includes coaches too. Our playcalling has to be aggressive with a go-for-the-throat mentality. We're not going to take the crowd out of this game. We're not going to confuse the Saints offense with smoke and mirrors. This game is going to be about making plays regardless of the circumstances. I wanna hear John Madden all the way into my living room from whever he is yelling 'Boom' and 'Bam' everytime one of our guys hits a Saints player.

It's going to be a David vs. Goliath type atmosphere with every football guru and fan (besides us) picking the Saints to win. We have nothing to lose.

And the only way to change the mindset of the Saints players is to come out and hit them in the mouth. And then keep hitting them. Even if we get a lead we cannot let up. Throw the clock management playbook out the window and let our playmakers try and put the Saints away.

Good Luck, Falcons!!!

Sorry to be so long-winded. I'm a writer and once i start it's hard to stop. :P