Why didn't we sign Sharper?

we were looking to get younger and think about the next 2-5 years, Sharper is a 1 year fix for them

granted its turned to be one heck of a 1 year fix, but then again what would you expect from a William & Mary grad

agreed but I think GW believes this guy has 2-3 years left in him

I didn't know that diploma mill had a football team.

come on man

Lou Holtz

Darren Sharper

Sean McDermott

Mike Tomlin

Derek Cox

Mike Leach

Marv Levy

Mark Kelso

might not be power house names

but you have 2 coaches who went to the Super Bowl

and 1 player whos been to a Pro Bowl

Saints were the only team to give him a 2 year deal. 31 other teams didn't think he was worth more than one year. Stuff happens. How about the Vikings who didn't resign him after he was on their team for years? It's foolish for us to sign every FA, good or not. We are planning for the future son.

Ain'ts was smart, dude has 6 ints in the first 6 weeks with 3 of them going for a TD. WOW!! come on TD! What a failure there, also Leigh Bodden or SHawn Springs should of been signed also!!! <_<:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Almost every one of those INTS could have been avoided. Sanchez made a stupid rookie mistake. Ted Ginn Jr. Tipped one to him last game. He doesn't play for the team, he plays for himself.

Not to mention the Saints had some big leads in some of those games. A little easier to play risky in those situations against the young QBs trying to sling it to catch up.

True, like I said, take the Sanchez INT. The Jets were driving, and it was 1st down inside the Saint 20. More like around the 10. Mark Sanchez made a throw that should have never been attempted. They blew him up, and he gave the Saint the game.

Saints were the only team to give him a 2 year deal. 31 other teams didn't think he was worth more than one year. Stuff happens. How about the Vikings who didn't resign him after he was on their team for years? It's foolish for us to sign every FA, good or not. We are planning for the future son.

and the saint hit the jackpot giving him a 2 year deal, which shows that just because someone is up their in age, doesnt mean they cant dominate.

Sharper isn't that good. It's very easy to play lose on defense when your offense is racking up 30 points a game. let's not get carried away, i don't see nothing more in Sharper than I saw in DeAngelo Hall, which was nothing!

The Saints averaged 30 pts a game last year and the safeties didn't do ****. In fact, they didnt have 1 pick-6 all year. It's Sharper being good (see NFC Defensive Player of the Month award for October).

I'll go out on a limb here and guess that we didn't sign Sharper because we had Coleman, DeCoud, and Moore.

I woulda liked for us to sign another vet corner though. And I don't consider that to be "in hindsight." Many of us felt before the season began that we needed 2 new starters at cb because Grimes and Houston have never in their careers been consistent.