The bible is a work of fiction

We all have a choice. We can choose too believe in Jesus Chirst "our lord and savior or not too. I personally believe in John 3:16 and that Jesus died and rose again. God will not force himself on anyone nor will he punish them but rather let them live in their sin seeing as it is his will that they receive eternal life. The former, however did not hold true in the old testament because God ran the show and as you all can see with examples such as Sodom and Gomorah those who sinned were thoroughly punished. In this day and age it may seem right and just to commit sin and immorality because the consequences aren't immediate. Also, this post is in no way shape or form meant to be sarcastic. Just because the consequences are not immediate the general population continue their lifestyles as such and unfortunately when they die like every other human being will be judged according to their works. I'm not going to get into any arguments with those who may wish to bring up text of human beings or those who have misconstrued the words of the bible. In the end we all have a choice and I just hope yall' make the right one. God bless!

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think every page in every holy book is an echo of Gods being. Looking up into the night sky, one must see the majesty and vastness of God. Millions of galaxies. Billions of stars. An incalculable number of planets. I am hard pressed to say that everything you do, say or feel is 100% God.

All Holy books echo God. Don't they all say essentially the same thing? At its core, we should love each other, care for each other, and care for this magnificent garden we were given to live in.

I think every page in every holy book is an echo of Gods being. Looking up into the night sky, one must see the majesty and vastness of God. Millions of galaxies. Billions of stars. An incalculable number of planets. I am hard pressed to say that everything you do, say or feel is 100% God.

All Holy books echo God. Don't they all say essentially the same thing? At its core, we should love each other, care for each other, and care for this magnificent garden we were given to live in.

Not quite, friend. The Bible is unique in it's preaching of love and grace. Show me in Buddhism where salvation is a free gift and not based on works... Show me in Islam where you are to esteem your neighbor higher than yourself...

Every word of the Bible points to Jesus Christ, who died that we may have an eternal fellowship with the Almighty God and call Him our Father, Abba, Daddy. Loving each other and caring for His creation is a result of a fellowship relation through grace with Him. At it's core, the Bible does NOT say to love each other, care for each other, and this magnificent garden we live in... at it's core the Bible says "Hear Oh Israel, the Lord God is one God. You shall love Him with all of your heart, mind, and soul." All the rest springs forth from that commandment.

Whether the majority wants to believe it or not, the Bible is the basis for all morality. Before the Scriptures were written, men "did what was right in their own sight" ie, survival of the fittest... the Word of God was revolutionary in it's giving of the Law concerning brotherly love and charity, yet it still begins with faith in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as the one true holy and living God.

Didn't the people who wrote the bible believe the world was flat? Did they not think that angels looked down from windows (stars) in a great dome over the earth? Which was also the center of the universe?

Belief is what you feel in your heart. Words are hollow, and often manipulated to coerce and control. I am not picking on any religion. But it is difficult for me to look at any 2000 year old book, that was heavily edited by the Romans, and see direct law. Why whisper in a few men's ears, in a desert. When the proof of God is all around?

This is one of those subjects that upsets everyone with an opinion. You believe what you believe. Religion has caused more ugliness and death than any other thing. The belief in God is not necessarily religion. Religion is mans interpretation of the Devine.

The bible is a good book. I will not attack anyone's belief or how they choose to worship. I just think things are far simpler. I'm glad you at least have strength of conviction. Good for you.

I'm also not attacking anyone's belief; I'm challenging it. I find that most people either...

1) Don't know what they really believe, or

2) Don't know WHY they believ in a certain way.

Choose what you want, friend. But the Bible stands alone from all other "holy" books as authoritative. It was not written by men and edited by Romans, it was inspired by the Holy Spirit of God, written as Scripture, Law, by the Prophets and Apostles, and is profitable for teaching, edifying, and reproving.

In a time when men thought the world was flat, the Bible teaches the world is a sphere...

In a time when men thought there were about 1,200 stars in the sky, the Bible taught that they were innumerable...

In a time when men wondered why it took longer to sail to one place than it took to get back, the Bible taught about underwater currents...

In a time when men couldn't possibly know what lies under the depths of the seas, the Bible taught about the mountains of the oceans...

And in a time when men were taught that the gods were conniving, capricious deities who needed constant satiation of worldly, lustful appetites, the Bible taught that God sent His only Son to die and live again for our sakes that we may be reconciled to Him and have everlasting fellowship through His grace.

You are right about one thing, Doctor... The proof of God is all around... the Bible says accordingly!wink.png However, if, as you say, religion is man's interpretation of the divine, then man is his own deity, and there is no God at all.

I know I'm not going to change any minds on this message board, friends. But to say that there are many gods is to say that there are many ways to gain salvation, and that flies in opposition to what the Bible actually teaches; that there is only one way to be reconciled to God the Father and that is through the gift of salvation offered by accepting His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, as your personal Savior. To believe otherwise nullifies His sacrifice on the cross, His life, death, and ressurection.

I'm not upset at all; I'm just a preacher, and I would not have you ignorant, dear bretheren, on the day you stand before your maker: either guilty in your own sins; or cleansed , sanctified, justified, and glorified through the Blood of Jesus Christ.

Exclusively religion?

'Cuz using the same logic one could argue atheism causes wars as well.

I've never heard of a war caused by or centered around atheism. But it is possible. The flaw to that statement is that religion must exist for atheism to exist (if you know what I mean). If there was never a belief of any god or any religion, everyone would be "atheist".

Edited by Falcanuck

That makes for some logic that reminds me of the thread topic. Not well thought out at all.

You know I didn't have much to say because this follows the old saying, "That's a shooting fish in a barrel statement." To say with absolute belief that something "is a work of fiction" with no proof backing the statement is of itself "faith'. Faith - Strong belief in something for where there is no proof. So with that and having faith that the Bible is a work of fiction, you are then making a strong statement based on a belief and not the lack thereof. You then BELIEVE the Bible is a work of fiction.

I find it more difficult to disbelieve the Bible than to believe it. It takes a whole lot less effort. Why? Because the burden is on you to disprove it and not for me to prove it. The battle isn't mine.

I am not going to argue whether or not the Bible is real, but I will definitely fight for your soul. But, more of the Bible has actually been proven by atheist scientists than disproven.

This may not prove anything, but I want you to take a real look at this. http://www.snopes.com/glurge/laminin.asp

I've never heard of a war caused by or centered around atheism. But it is possible. The flaw to that statement is that religion must exist for atheism to exist (if you know what I mean). If there was never a belief of any god or any religion, everyone would be "atheist".

That's just convenient rhetoric. The fact is people act on beliefs, and people have in fact started wars based, in part, on the belief that God does not exist.

Unless you don't consider Soviet Marxism to be atheist, or you don't consider revolutions to be "wars," in which case I'd say you're arguing semantics and your argument fails because I can as easily equivocate about religious wars.

That's just convenient rhetoric. The fact is people act on beliefs, and people have in fact started wars based, in part, on the belief that God does not exist.

Unless you don't consider Soviet Marxism to be atheist, or you don't consider revolutions to be "wars," in which case I'd say you're arguing semantics and your argument fails because I can as easily equivocate about religious wars.

Another example is Al Qaeda. Just because members claim Islam, does not mean they are Muslim. Its the same idea behind Crips and Bloods going to church.

While i never stray this far from other sections of the forums. id like to add this.

Science is all about proving what is and what isnt and what can be explained vs proven. We try and prove things based off what we have been thought to think. Ex: If no one ever thought you to run and you never saw someone run, would you know how to run? Now add that to reading or understanding other languages.

So we are thought to think and trained to think certain ways. If the bible was thought as science in schools. People would still question it. But it would also be considered the most logical explanation because it cant be disproved.

Now we go back and the orig text had to get translated to other languages. In some cases words had to be adopted because those languages did not have a word to reflect that meaning. Then also you had to have it translated even more so people could understand it.

People are so fast to blame god or the devil for every disease ever. But never consider that it may have been a government experiment gone wrong. Like the collider device or the atom bomb. Man made devices that wreck havoc on the world.

The average person will say their is no such thing as alien life. Yet are smart enough to know if there was proof. The government would never admit it or allow it to get out. To avoid panic or to learn from the tech likely to build weapons.

In other words we are trained to think a certain way. That doesn't mean we are thought to think the right way. Man playing god is just as confusing as those men hiding behind religion to cover up their mistakes or crimes. Yet life is so complex it can evolve and live perfectly fine without mans interference in nature.

People say religion cases war. Any more war than land or drugs or oil or any other thing 1 country has that another doesn't?

People say no there is no other form of life in the entire galaxy, just became man is only arrogant enough to believe our form of life is the most advanced form of life. While we live on a planet that we still have not identified all forms of life on nor explored all of it. Yet we know other forms of life exist here and we even try to create life by cloning. But other planets of course could not have any form of life because we haven't seen it.

Its all about what the eyes see and the ears hear and what the knose smells. If we cant understand something it must not be true. But yet we except everything teaches us, because thats what we think we can prove. Go back to my question about learning to run or understanding other languages.

If you do not understand, how can you comprehend? People think they have to see, hear, or have proof to make something real. But having faith is about faith, not about needing proof to justify what we have learned. As a baby did you need proof you could talk or run or understand people from across the world? No. You where tought that, just like many are thought to question religion and the bible.

^^^ Amen, and well written. We are limited by our finite knowledge and experiences, but God's ways are higher than our ways, and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts; as different as the thoughts of the house are than the thoughts of the builder of the house.

This brings my original point back full circle. The Bible is unique in that it is written from God's perspective, while other "holy" books are limited to the imagination of mankind...

Guest Fibonacci

I'll like to share my mind if I may.

I am Buddhism, Christian, Judaism, etc. I study deeply into a lot of things. from simple Jesus to 46&2 of Carl Jungs theory and seeing my shadow.

- see I had a problem. my problem was trying to find GOD; but failed to listen to stand still. I thought when I felt the holy spirit inside to stand in "ah"; but I failed to let the spirit do it's preaching of speaking "truth". searching for G-d (or as a lot say GOD) I was always trying to make him/she/it into my image; yet I failed to read the first of creation of man that says "we were man in G-d's image".

when one stands and tells me there is no G-d; then I am blessed to have the opportunity to nonce the proof I have found.

now a long my hard and long journey. I have found a quote I made of my own. "just because I cannot see it does not mean it is not real". now that quote does not mean G-d....it means what others tell me. once I realized to accept others for their views and minds, that is why I started really finding G-d. and once I started accepting others, then a lot of wars started to end that I had made and was going to make. I stopped telling people there is only one path and etc.

now for people who go to the falcons game and see the guy who stands in front of the dome saying how we are going to ****. you might have seen me and that guy go round and round. I saw they guy tell a very little girl how she was going to **** and so was here father for looking at women and not going to church. before the father could put his hands over that girls ears. I had already done so. no child should ever be condemn or judged. yes I know where we can judge in the bible, but that is for only judging your congregation or the words of man...nothing more and nothing less.

- I could care less if someone believed, knew, or flat out did not want to...but one thing that should never be done is telling others they are wrong. when a man tells another they are wrong, they do so because there self is doubting themselves inside. so they go out and out others down to make themselves feel better. (again I used to preach how there was one way and started wars. and I repented and drained my cup and let the spirit fill it with the blood.)

as you can see in my sig I am ancient in words and hence I am ancient in religion as well. I tatted up my right upper arm with the first cross that was made by the 12 disciples (minus Judas, plus the other).

now I may sound christian. but Isiah 65 sates reincarnation. you may see it as moving on to another world....but when you are born again into another world....well is that reincarnation?

Evolution starts in genesis and grows. did we come from monkeys...nope. but we evolved. Charles Darwin believed this way as well.

2 Corinthians 12:2 states a 3rd heaven. (as below so above....is what I say to that)

I go deep into Gematria as well with in Magick....not spells and stupid crap like that. but Magick in Judaism.

Mohamed, Buddha, Jesus showed me how to stand still, yet stand still.

now before you make your judgement on what you believe and do no believe I say this....."in order to understand something, you must understand everything". I was in school with a deep deep scientist teacher, he told me this quote. and what he meant was that I could not ask any question (unless basic) about what he was teaching; and once we finished reading the whole book, then we were allowed to ask deep questions. what I and others discovered is that we did not have really any questions. and from that day I decided to read the bible on my own without the influence of man. and once I started reading the "American standard version" (great version for understating. because it is written on a 5th grade reading level...so I highly recommend it) and then I went into the bible older and older and it just finally opened to me. I stopped reading into the minds of man and started listening to word. (1 Samuel 3:10)

if anyone would like to know more on my studies or beliefs, I love talking about them. please write in here or send me a message. I will be more the happy to share.

Asante and Namaste' and G-d bless

Edited by Fibonacci

While we're doing the "hate religion, love Jesus" thing -- I have to admit I wish an Orthodox priest would do one of these, but this Catholic priest does a fantastic job of refuting it:

...but here is a nice refutation in print by an Orthodox priest who I greatly respect:

http://roadsfromemmaus.org/2012/01/12/why-i-love-true-religion-because-i-love-jesus/

What else on earth is so complex that it confounds mathematicians and astrophysicists, yet so simple it can be understood by children!?

I love those people who try to make themselves seem so smart and enlightened by challenging the Bible, when in fact, if they knew the complexity thereof, how inant-like their knowledge is exposed by it.

Listen to a man like Dr Chuck Missler explain the Bible sometime... it will absolutely change your understanding of this magnificent Book... or don't, and remain blissful in your ignorance (and ultimately your destruction).

I tremble for your soul, Fibonacci... by propagating universalism, you deny the exclusive redemption offered by God Himself through His Son Jesus Christ. To deny that is to deny every word written in the Holy Bible. Please stop quoting Scripture in conjunction with New Ageism... you only serve to heap peine forte et dure upon yourself... and anyone foolish enough to listen to you.