Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Youngin

The bible is a work of fiction

422 posts in this topic

Oh my god, please shutup. I'm all for evolution, but you have taken it overboard. You are adament about convincing christians to change their opinion on a god. I'm going to tell you this right now, it's not going to happen no matter what you say. You are wasting your time and everyone else's time. Give it up, noone is reading your 500 page essay to prove that god is not real. No matter what you say, god cnnot be disproven, and as long as it can't be disproven, religious people will hold onto their beliefs.

chazbykr likes this

Oh my god, please shutup. No thank you.

I'm all for evolution, but you have taken it overboard. You are adament about convincing christians to change their opinion on a god. Actually, I'm adamant about all religious people analyzing their flawed views by looking at the actual evidence

I'm going to tell you this right now, it's not going to happen no matter what you say. You're entitled to your opinion. I, however, disagree. The amount of athiests in America has been increasing over this last decade for a reason. It's because people have finally began voicing their opinions of opposition. And taken an active approach to pointing out where the real logic rests.

You are wasting your time and everyone else's time. Give it up, noone is reading your 500 page essay to prove that god is not real. No matter what you say, god cnnot be disproven, and as long as it can't be disproven, religious people will hold onto their beliefs.

First of all, it's my time to waste how I choose, and if even one person sees something in what I've posted and begins to critically think about is idea's, then I don't consider it a waste of time at all. Second, nobody is forcing anyone to read any of this. Did anyone force you? No. And I agree that there will likely always be a percentage of the population that you just can't reason with and will always believe in things that make no sense. However, are you really suggesting THAT as a legitimate reason for us to give up and not try? My goal is to help in the growing movement of the many people much smarter and better at this than I am, in slowly reducing the percentage of the polulation that hold irrational beliefs, such as gods. Do I expect us to ever totally eliminate religion? No. But I do hope to reduce it's numbers and relegate it to an after thought in our society.

And do you think I give a hill of beans about you trying to chastise me for it?

Not at all...when people stop trotting out flawed arguments in this thread, then thats when I'll stop rebutting them.

If you don't like it, don't read it. Pretty simple concept.

MattyIce07 and Lou_Dog like this

god makes no sense??creation makes as much sense as anything else since its a FACT that noone knows how life started out theory is as good as yours......the aethiest population is increasing???? well i guess the bible cant be fiction.....because the bible predicts the rise of athiest...one day athiest will rule the world and christians will be executed all over the globe for their beliefs......christians and the bible predicted this aethiest growth...and an even scarier thought is it predicted it in an information age.....by your own admition...the bible is accurate

Unbelievable...why am I not suprised. Lets look at some prophecies shall we.

Genesis 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed.

Here God tells Isaac that his descendents (Hebrews) will be as numerous as the stars. Considering the number of stars there are in the universe, that would have to be on the order of 10(to the 20th power) Jewish people.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Christians say that this verse is a prophecy of Jesus' birth to a virgin. There are a couple problems with this prophecy...First, virgin in this verse is a mistranslation of the Hebrew word "almah", which actually means "young woman". A young woman is not necessarily a virgin. "Bethulah" would have been the correct word to use if the author meant virgin. Second, nowhere in the New Testament is Jesus referred to as Immanuel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

Damascus is still inhabited today with over a million people, and hardly a ruinous heap.

Isaiah 19:4-5 And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts. And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and dried up.

The river mentioned here is the Nile. The Nile is still one of Egypt's greatest natural resource.

Isaiah 19:18 In that day shall five cities in the land of Egypt speak the language of Canaan, and swear to the LORD of hosts; one shall be called, The city of destruction.

The Canaanite language has never been spoken in Egypt, and is now an extinct.

Isaiah 52:1 Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.

There are uncircumcised people living in Jerusalem even today.

Ezekiel 29:10-11 Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years.

Never in its long history has Egypt ever been uninhabited for forty years.

Amos 9:15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

Many times, Jews have been pulled up out of their land. The ownership of their land is still being fought for.

Jonah 3:4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.

Nineveh was never overthrown. Why? Because God changed his mind in verse 3:10, despite what Malachi 3:6, Numbers 23:19 and Ezekiel 24:14 says about God never changing his mind.

Jonah 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

Zechariah 11:12 And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.

Christians say that this prophecy is was fulfilled when Judas received 30 pieces of silver for betraying Jesus. Matthew 27:9 recites this verse, but incorrectly credits Jeremiah with the prophecy.

Matthew 1:22-23 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Again, Jesus is never referred to as Emmanuel (Immanuel).

Matthew 2:23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

Nowhere in the Old Testament is such a prophecy found, so how could such a one be fulfilled?

Matthew 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

There is no passage in the Old Testament that can be attributed to what Jesus is saying here.

Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Jesus states that all the signs marking the end of the world in Matthew 24 would be fulfilled before his generation ended. That generation ended 2000 years ago, and the world has not come to an end, neither has all those signs been fulfilled.

Matthew 27:9 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value.

This prophecy was never spoken by Jeremiah.

Matthew 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Jesus tells the high priest that he would see his second coming. The high priest is long dead, and Jesus hasn't returned yet.

Throughout the New Testament, the end of the world is prophesied as being very near, at hand, to be witnessed by those living at the time. Paul often told the people he preached to that they would be witnesses to Jesus' second coming. They are all long gone.

Not a very good track record for success there Reggie.

Lou_Dog and MattyIce07 like this

im not gonna throw bible versus at you because the majority of modern day christians do not even own a bible or believe that the men who wrote it were touched by god.....

Finally, something we can agree on.

MattyIce07 and Lou_Dog like this

random can't even answer 1 qustion on historical accuracy it shows when he is beat he will refuse to answer he does'nt have to work when just arguing i just want a simple answer and he can't answer. weak and scared is how i describe his rebuttle. i think he is scared i will prove him wrong on the next argument he has a easily flawed beleif i care less if HE beleives it but i will not allow a weak argument to convince others like youngin to show he is as smart as he claims. he cannot and will not answer the argument of historical accuracy b/c there is none it's a fact 90% of us know that. now he is scared i will prove diffent on the is there a god issue. answer me genius randomfan! you won't havent and can't b/c your argument is weak and you just paiste and copy the first thing that makes since to you! please argue with some one that CAN prove you wrong these other guys don't have time or care less b/c obviosly you will not answer REAL questions. you just wanna argue with no facts.

is the bible considered one of the best historical books in history period. i've waited on a rebuttl and you refuse .WHY! you can't answer a simple question?! HA! just proves to all where you stand! cuz you don't want no more!

random can't even answer 1 qustion on historical accuracy it shows when he is beat he will refuse to answer he does'nt have to work when just arguing i just want a simple answer and he can't answer. weak and scared is how i describe his rebuttle. i think he is scared i will prove him wrong on the next argument he has a easily flawed beleif i care less if HE beleives it but i will not allow a weak argument to convince others like youngin to show he is as smart as he claims. he cannot and will not answer the argument of historical accuracy b/c there is none it's a fact 90% of us know that. now he is scared i will prove diffent on the is there a god issue. answer me genius randomfan! you won't havent and can't b/c your argument is weak and you just paiste and copy the first thing that makes since to you! please argue with some one that CAN prove you wrong these other guys don't have time or care less b/c obviosly you will not answer REAL questions. you just wanna argue with no facts.

is the bible considered one of the best historical books in history period. i've waited on a rebuttl and you refuse .WHY! you can't answer a simple question?! HA! just proves to all where you stand! cuz you don't want no more!

I'm completely dumbfounded as to just how obtuse you can be Metatron. After posting SEVEN entire web pages contradicting your claim that the bible is historically accurate, that I've been blasted by another person who actually believes in evolution and isn't on your side for "wasting my time posting so much information," you still have the audacity to try and claim I haven't answered your "one simple question?" I knew I was debating someone with below average intelligence, but I wanted to still answer the arguments for the benefit of other people reading this thread. But this is beyond ridiculous.

I've answered your question, repeatedly. No, the bible is NOT, I say again NOT, regarded as one of the most historically accurate books of all time. I posted a ton of evidence to back up this claim, that others have plainly seen and complained about that amount of, yet you claim I have presented no facts.

I am not scared of anything you can, have, or will post. I feel pity for you, honestly. I am so sorry for you that you had someone indoctrinate you into a life of ignorance; a life that works to continue to keep you that way. But I'm doing my part to make sure people in the future hopefully won’t have that form of abuse forced on them.

MattyIce07 likes this

I think it is not the case of the authenticity of the Bible...it is the test of faith and the values the Bible teaches ;)

Dentist Orange | Dentist in Pasadena

Do you mean these kinds of values? If so, ya they would test my 'faith' too. And I'm not sure if you've considered it, but if you don't accept the authenticity of the bible, then you are picking and choosing the parts you want to believe and throwing out the parts you don't. Proving that you don't base your morality on the bible, or get your values from it - this type of action simply reinforces the values you already have from your genes and your environment (where morality really comes from). You can have all those good values without the need to believe in an imaginary skydaddy; just like the rest of the secular population that lead healthy, responsible, and MORAL lives.

Let me ask you a hypothetical scenario. Person A does good because he is afraid of skydaddy always watching and doesn't want to be punished. Person B does good because he knows it's the right thing to do. Which of those people are more moral?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GE 1:28 Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and subdue it. Have dominion over all living things. (Note: God appears to be totally unconcerned with population control or ecology.)

GE 3:16, CO 11:3-9, EP 5:22-24, CN 3:18, TS 2:5, 1PE 3:1-6 The husband is to rule over his wife. Wives are to be subject to their husbands even when the husband is disobedient to God. Man is the image and glory of God, while woman is the glory of man. Man was not created for woman but woman for man.

GE 3:16 Women should suffer pain during childbirth. (Note: This verse was used by the Church to oppose the use of anesthesia during childbirth.)

GE 4:13-15 Cain--who murdered his brother Abel--is promised protection by God.

GE 15:18 Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Syria, Yemen, and part of Iraq belong to the Jews only.

GE 17:10 "This is my covenant, ...every male among you shall be circumcised." (Note: God seems to have an obsession with this--the words circumcise, circumcised, circumcising, circumcision, uncircumcised, uncircumcision, foreskin, and foreskins appear 157 times in the KJV. Although the KJV correctly translates the oldest Hebrew and Greek manuscripts, versions since the KJV attempt to soften this apparent obsession by creatively translating these words in a different fashion wherever possible.)

GE 17:14 A child is to be punished when his parents neglect to have him circumcised.

GE 27:18-24, 28:14-15 Jacob--who had cheated his brother Esau of his birthright--is given special blessings by God.

GE 31:17, GE 36:6, DT 21:15, JG 8:30, SA 5:13, KI 11:3, CH 14:3, CH 11:21, 13:21 Polygamy is condoned. (Note: David is one of the polygamists. He is an angel of God, SA 19:27, and always fulfills God's will,AC 13:22.)

GE 38:8-10 A man who refuses to impregnate his widowed sister-in-law is put to death.

EX 20:4 We are not to make likenesses of anything. (Note: This seems to preclude all photographs, paintings, statues, etc.)

EX 20:5 We are not to worship a likeness. The children to the third and fourth generation will be punished for infractions.

EX 20:8-11, 31:15-17, 34:21, 35:1-3 No work of any kind is to be done on the Sabbath, not even lighting of a fire. This commandment is permanent. Death is required for infractions. (Note: This would require even that essential services, such as hospitals, police departments, etc., shut down on the Sabbath.)

EX 20:26 You should not go up steps to a high altar; you might expose yourself. (Note: Men wore skirts at this time.)

EX 21:7-11 A father can sell a daughter into slavery to pay a debt. A daughter sold into slavery is not released at the end of six years as is an ordinary male slave.

EX 21:12 Whoever strikes a man so that he dies is to be put to death--except that, in some cases, God will appoint a place to which the offender may flee instead.

EX 21:15 Whoever strikes his father or mother is to be put to death.

EX 21:16 Whoever steals a man is to be put to death. (Note: This is in spite of the fact that a father can sell his daughter into slavery; see EX 21:7-11.)

EX 21:17, LE 20:9, DT 21:18-21 A child who curses his parent(s) is to be put to death. A stubborn and/or rebellious child is to be put to death.

EX 21:20-21 A slave owner is to be punished if he strikes his slave and the slave dies shortly thereafter. If the slave lives a day or to and then dies, the slave owner is not to be punished. A slave is the same as money to his owner.

EX 21:23-25, LE 24:17-21, DT 19:21 An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, etc.

EX 21:28-32 When an ox gores a man to death, the ox must be stoned. If the ox has gored a man previously, the animal's owner must also be put to death; in the case of the goring of a slave, the only requirement is that the owner of the ox must pay thirty shekels to the owner of the slave.

EX 22:16-17 An unbetrothed virgin is required to marry her seducer.

EX 22:18, DT 18:10 A witch or sorcerer is to be put to death.

EX 22:20 Anyone who sacrifices to other gods must be destroyed.

EX 22:29 Firstborn children should be sacrificed to the Lord.

LE 3:17 The eating of blood and fat are prohibited forever.

LE 10:9 Drinking strong drink in the tabernacle of the congregation will result in death.

LE 11:7, DT 14:8 Eating pork is prohibited.

LE 11:10 Eating shellfish is prohibited.

LE 12:2 A woman who has a child, especially a female child, is unclean and purification rites are required.

LE 15:2 When a man has any bodily discharge, it is unclean.

LE 15:4 Any bed that a man with a discharge lies on is unclean.

LE 15:5 Anyone who touches an unclean bed must bathe and is unclean until evening.

LE 15:6 Anyone who sits on anything that a person with a discharge sat on must wash his clothes and bathe, and is unclean until evening.

LE 15:7 Anyone who touches the skin of a person who has a discharge must wash his clothes and bathe, and is unclean until evening.

LE 15:8 Anyone who is spit upon by a person who has a discharge must wash his clothes and bathe, and is unclean until evening.

LE 15:9-10 Whatever [saddle] a person with a discharge sits on is unclean. Anyone who touches it must wash his clothes and bathe, and is unclean until evening.

LE 15:11 Anyone who is touched by a person with a discharge who has not washed his hands must wash his clothes and bathe, and is unclean until evening.

LE 15:12 Any clay or wood utensils that are touched by a person with a discharge are unclean and must be broken or washed.

LE 15:13-15 When his discharge has stopped, the person who had the discharge will count off seven days, wash his clothes and bathe. On the eight day, he must present two birds to the priest for an atonement for having had a discharge.

LE 15:16 When a man has an emission of semen, he must bathe his whole body, and he is unclean until evening.

LE 15:17 Any clothing or leather that has semen on it must be washed, and it is unclean until evening.

LE 15:18 When a man lies with a woman and there is an emission of semen, both must bathe, and they are unclean until evening.

LE 15:19 A woman who is menstruating is unclean. Anyone who touches her is unclean.

LE 15:20 Anything which a woman who is menstruating sits on or lies on is unclean.

LE 15:21 Anyone who touches the bed of a woman who is menstruating must wash his clothes and bathe, and is unclean until evening.

LE 15:22 Anyone who touches anything which was sat upon by a woman who is menstruating must wash his clothes and bathe, and is unclean until evening.

LE 15:24 If a man lies with a woman who is menstruating and any of her discharge touches him, he is unclean for seven days. Any bed he lies on is also unclean.

LE 15:28 After her flow stops, a woman who was menstruating must count off seven days before she is considered clean again. On the eighth day, she must present two birds to the priest for an atonement for having had a menstrual discharge.

LE 19:13 Hired help must be paid every day.

LE 19:19 Cattle must not be allowed to breed with a different kind.

LE 19:19 A field must not be sown with more than one kind of seed.

LE 19:19 A cloth garment made of two kinds of material must not be worn.

LE 19:26 Flesh with blood in it must not be eaten.

LE 19:27 The hair on the temples should not be rounded off.

LE 19:27 The edges of a beard should not be clipped.

LE 19:28 Tattoos and the like are prohibited.

LE 19:29 Do not make your daughter a prostitute.

LE 19:31 Do not consult mediums or wizards.

LE 20:10-12, DT 22:22 Adulterers (in some cases) must be put to death.

LE 20:13 Practicing male homosexuals are to be put to death. (Note: Female homosexuality is not considered in the OT though it NT. See RO 1:26-32.)

LE 20:14 If a man has sexual relations with both his wife and his mother-in-law, all three of them must be put to death.

LE 20:15-16 If a person engages in sex with an animal, both the animal and the person must be put to death.

LE 20:18 If a man has sex relations with a woman who is menstruating, both shall be excommunicated from their people.

LE 20:27 A medium or wizard is to be put to death.

LE 21:9 If a priest's daughter becomes a prostitute, she is to be burnt with fire.

LE 21:14 A priest (or descendant of Aaron) must not marry a widow, a divorced woman, a woman who has been defiled, or a harlot, but only a virgin.

LE 21:17-23 A priest (or descendant of Aaron) with crushed testicles (or almost any other physical deformity) is not to be allowed near the sanctuary.

LE 24:16 Whoever blasphemes the name of the Lord must be put to death.

LE 25:44-46, DT 15:17, EP 6:5, CN 3:22, TS 2:9, 1PE 2:18 Slavery is an everlasting institution. Slaves are to obey their masters in everything.

LE 27:3-7 Males are more valuable than females.

LE 27:29 Human sacrifice is condoned.

LE 27:30-32 A tithe, a tenth of everything, is to be given to the Lord.

NU 3:10 An unauthorized person who acts as a priest must be put to death.

NU 5:2-3 Anyone who has a discharge or who has touched a corpse is unclean.

NU 5:12-31 A woman suspected or accused of adultery is to be tested by making her drink the "water of bitterness," or holy water mixed with dust from the floor. (Note: There is no such test for men.)

NU 19:16 Whoever touches one who is slain in the field with a sword, or a dead body, or a bone of a man, or a grave, is unclean for seven days. (Note: Isn't one who is slain in the open field with a sword also a dead body? Why the distinction between the two?)

NU 19:22 Whatever an unclean person touches is also unclean. Anyone who touches an unclean thing also becomes unclean.

NU 31:18, 35, JG 21:12 Young virgins are considered a spoil of war and can be taken for the use of the victors.

DT 4:19 Be careful when you look at the stars and planets not to be enticed into worshipping them.

DT 13:2-5 Anyone who causes someone to turn to another god must be put to death.

DT 13:6-10 A man is required to slay his friends and members of his own family who are guilty of worshipping another god.

DT 15:1-3 Every seven years, a brother (meaning a fellow Israelite) should be released from his debt. Only a foreigner should be required, again, to honor his debt.

DT 17:12 A man who shows contempt for a judge or priest must be put to death.

DT 18:20-22, EZ 14:9 If a prophet's words do not come true, he is a false prophet and must be put to death. This is true even if he has been deceived by God himself.

DT 22:5 One must not wear the clothing of the opposite sex.

DT 22:6-7 If you want to live a long time, you must not take a mother bird from her young, but you may take the young from the mother.

DT 22:10 You must not plow with an ox and an *** together.

DT 22:13-21 A bride in whom "the tokens of virginity" are not found is to be put to death. (Note: The bridegroom who falsely accuses his bride gets off with a fine.)

DT 22:23-24 A betrothed virgin who is seduced in the city is to be put to death unless she cries for help.

DT 22:28-29 A virgin who is raped must marry her rapist (if they are "found").

DT 23:1 A man whose testicles are crushed or whose "male member" is cut off may not enter the sanctuary.

DT 23:2 A *******--and his offspring to the tenth generation--are to be punished for his illegitimacy and cannot enter a congregation of the Lord.

DT 23:10 A man who has a seminal emission during the night is unclean and must go through a purification process.

DT 23:12-14 The Lord must not be allowed to see human excrement (it is indecent).

DT 23:19-20 Money must not be lent at interest to a brother (meaning a fellow Israelite). Interest can only be collected from foreigners.

DT 24:1-4 A man may divorce his wife simply because she displeases him.

DT 25:5-10 A man has an obligation to produce a child for his widowed sister-in-law.

DT 25:11 A wife who grabs her husband's opponent by his "private parts" must have her hand cut off and is to be shown no pity.

JG 21:21 The Benjamites are commanded to take wives by hiding in the vineyards and then seizing the "daughters of Shiloh" as they come out to dance.

1KI 5:13, 9:3, 15 Forced labor is apparently sanctioned inasmuch as the Lord consecrated the house that Solomon built for the Lord using forced labor.

PR 13:24, 22:15, 23:13 Children are to be disciplined with the rod--if beaten with a rod, they will not die. (Note: Many Christian parents have inadvertently beaten a child to death following this precept.)

PR 26:4 Do not answer a fool. To do so makes you foolish too.

PR 26:5 Answer a fool. If you don't, he will think himself wise.

PR 31:10-31 The able wife is to bring only profit and no loss, rise before dawn, buy land prudently, plant a vineyard with her earnings, keep her lamp burning all night, gird herself to work, be generous to the poor, lend a hand to the forlorn, talk shrewd sense, offer kindly counsel, and never be idle.

IS 56:4 A eunuch who keeps the Lord's Sabbath will receive special rewards.

HO 4:14 The sins of female prostitutes and adulterers can be excused when the men themselves set a bad example.

MT 5:22 Do not get angry. Anger is a sin.

MT 23:9 Do not call any man on earth "father."

MT 5:18-19 The OT law is to remain in effect until heaven and earth pass away.

MT 5:28 Whoever looks upon a woman lustfully commits adultery in his heart. (Note: This precept could cause some to think that they might as well commit adultery as to do so only in the heart.)

MT 5:29-30, 18:8-9, MK 9:43-47 If your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. (Note: Many believers insist that this admonition, and others like it, are to be taken figuratively, although others take even this admonition literally. The problem is that there is no clear and decisive method to determine whether a passage is meant to be taken literally or figuratively. God could have foreseen this problem and should have provided an unambiguous solution.)

MT 5:33-37 Make no vows or oaths. They arise from evil (or the Devil).

MT 5:38-44 Turn the other cheek. Love your enemies. Do good to those that hate you.

MT 5:40 If any man would sue you and take your coat, give him your cloak also.

MT 5:42, LK 6:30, 35 Give to everyone who asks. Lend to everyone who wants to borrow.

MT 5:48 Be perfect.

MT 6:6 Pray in private.

MT 6:25-34, LK 12:22-31 Take no thought for tomorrow. God will take care of you.

MT 7:7-8, LK 11:9-10 Ask and it will be given. Seek and you will find. Everyone who asks, receives.

MT 19:12, RO 8:13 A man should consider castration, thereby making himself a eunuch, for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. If you live after the flesh, you shall die, but if you put to death the deeds of the body, you shall live. (Note: During the dark and middle ages, saints castrated themselves by the thousands in order to become more godly. Even now, the practice continues in some sects.)

MT 22:37, MK 12:30, LK 10:27 Love God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength. (This is, of course, an impossibility.)

MT 23:3 Practice and observe everything the Pharisees and scribes teach.

MK 10:2-12, LK 16:18 Divorce is wrong, and to remarry is to commit adultery.

MK 10:29, LK 18:29 A man who leaves his house, wife, brothers, parents, or children for the sake of the kingdom of God will receive special rewards.

LK 12:33, TI 6:8 Sell your possessions and give to charity. Be content with having only food and clothing. (Note: Many believers claim that the first injunction applies only to those who are wealthy or have a problem with wealth. That this is not the case is clear from the context. It is also clear that the Disciples practiced this principle; see AC 2:44-45 and 4:32-35. This is in sharp contrast to the concept of abundance that many evangelists preach and to the personal wealth they often amass.)

LK 14:26 One cannot be a disciple of Jesus unless he hates his mother, father, wife, children, brothers, sisters, and even his own life.

LK 14:33 "... any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple."

LK 18:1, 1TH 5:17 Pray constantly. Don't give up.

RO 1:26-27, 32 Men and women who commit unnatural sexual acts deserve to die.

RO 13:1-4, PE 2:13-14 Be subject to every human institution. All authorities (laws and governments) are from God. (Note: This would include those of a Nazi Germany, yet believers seldom follow this injunction. Even Jesus and his Disciples violated this principle.)

1CO 3:18 Become a "fool" (for Christ) in order to become wise. (Note: A fool is still a fool.)

1CO 6:1-8 Christians should never go to court against each other, but should, instead, let the church settle their differences.

1CO 7:1-38 Men and widows should not marry. Although it is well for a man to remain chaste, the temptation to immorality is a valid reason to marry; a man should marry if he cannot control himself. Yet, a man who is already married should live as if he were not. He that is unmarried is concerned about how he can please the Lord while he that is married is concerned about pleasing his spouse. It is better to remain single so as to attend to the Lord without distraction.

1CO 10:24 Put your neighbor's good ahead of your own.

1CO 11:3-10 A woman is to keep her head covered while praying or prophesying.

1CO 11:14 It is a shame for a man to have long hair. (Note: Why is it, then, that most portrayals of Jesus show him with long hair?)

1CO 14:34-35 Women are to be silent in church. If they have any questions, they are to ask their husbands at home. It is a shame for women to speak in church.

2CO 13:12 Greet each other with a holy kiss.

CN 2:8 Philosophy is to be shunned.

1TH 5:16 Rejoice always.

1TH 5:18 Give thanks no matter what the circumstances.

2TH 3:10 Anyone who doesn't work should not be allowed to eat.

1TI 2:9, 1PE 3:3 Women should not braid their hair, or wear gold or pearls or costly attire.

1TI 2:11-12 Women are to learn in silence (from men) in all submissiveness.

1TI 2:12 Women are not permitted to teach or have authority over men.

TS 1:10-11 There are many who must be silenced.

JA 4:7-10 Humble yourselves before God: be miserable, grieve and cry, let laughter be turned to sorrow. The Lord will then exalt you.

JA 5:14-15 Use prayer and anointing to cure illness.

2 JN 1:9-11 Do not allow anyone into your house who is not a fellow believer.

MattyIce07 likes this

No, many scientists don't believe in life after death. Where do you keep coming up with this ridiculous stuff and keep misrepresenting the position of other people whom you obviously know nothing about? There is no evidenve for a soul, and scientists follow the evidence: not bronze age documents that are full of irregularities. New Age mystics might tell you there is a soul, but not the majority of real scientists...

And you're flawed argument regarding energy in the brain is easily dismissed. The energy in use in the brain is chemical energy. The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics roughly states that systems move from a state of higher order to states of lower order. Which means the energy isn't ever "lost" but it transitions from higher states of energy potential to lower states: in other words, it transforms eventually into heat. This is where the chemical energy from your brain goes when you die; it dissapates into heat, BUT the energy is not lost. There is no soul...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, just because you would like for something to be true has absolutely no bearing on if it actually IS true.

if you must know i got it from a scientific source it is 100% fact that energy cannot be destroyed....it is 100%fact that 20 watts of energy is inside your brain....those are strait from scientist mouth.

A word of advice: next time, I would look at what someone types and comprehend it before trying to correct them for agreeing with you on one of your arguments. Let me break it down for you one piece at a time since you seem to be a little confused on the premises of the debate.

1) You claimed scientists (alluding to most, if not all, scientists the way you put it) believe in life after death, with no evidence. I responded that no they do not. When 93% of the National Academy of Science's members are atheist, how do you try to justify claiming "scientists" believe in life after death?

2) You then tried to claim that because your brain has 20 watss of energy while you are alive, that this somehow means the energy in your brain is what christians call a soul. You tried to say that nobody knows where this energy goes when you die. THIS is the flaw in your argument. The energy in your brain is not your soul, sorry. It's simply the chemical reactions that allow your brain to function, just like every other creature on earth with a brain.

I tried to tell you where that energy goes to when you die, and explained how the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics actually works. Which means I was agreeing with you that energy is never lost or destroyed. I even said that energy is never lost, yet you devoted your next post trying to defend the 2nd law of thermodynamics, as if I'd disagreed with you, when in fact I'd just tried to further explain how the conservation of energy actually works.

You don't seem to understand that heat is the lowest form of energy. It's not less energy, the energy is not destroyed. It's just the eventual destination of every single particle of our universe that contains any amount of energy. Things move from a state of high order and high energy output potential towards a state of low order and low energy output potential, and that generates "heat" which is the ultimate result of all energy in the universe. Heat IS energy, which means the energy wasn't lost. When you die, the energy in your brain dissipates into heat. This isn't some big secret that "nobody knows where it goes." People have known where it goes for over a century.

Reggie, I have to ask man, do you actually read what I type or do you just skim over it and pick out a few words you would like to disagree with? I'm being serious. Because this isn't the first time you've totaly misinterpreted something I've written. I'm hoping it's just a lack of paying attention, and not an issue with reading comprehension.

scientist call it energy...christians call it a soul...same thing different name....but the fact that it exist doesnt change. educate your self before you talk

Same thing, different name? And you're telling me to educate myself before I talk? Yeah...about that... If you think the energy from the chemical reactions in your brain are what christians call a "soul," you have far greater things to concern yourself with than me educating myself.

Oh, regarding Robert Lanza. This is an example of a gifted biologist trying to cross over into areas outside his expertise and making some sloppy misguided hypotheses. His work in the field of biology is outstanding; however, his ideas on the framework for the unified theory of the universe illustrate a lack of understanding regarding quantum mechanics and other areas of physics and cosmology. From some of his writings, it's seems he's been hanging around some of the "What the Bleep Do We Know?" crackpots and incorporating some of their misunderstandings of quantum theory into his own. Here's a sample critique of some of his views http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2007/03/robert_lanza_do/

I don't even know what to say in the face of such ignorance and epic inability to comprehend even basic sentence structure and arguments. Please tell me you don't have children.

-- There is no scientific "theory" about life after death, especially in the sense you are trying to interject, because there is no testable hypothesis to falsify this whacked out idea of yours.

Read. Learn. Don't procreate until you do.

Do you mean these kinds of values? If so, ya they would test my 'faith' too. And I'm not sure if you've considered it, but if you don't accept the authenticity of the bible, then you are picking and choosing the parts you want to believe and throwing out the parts you don't. Proving that you don't base your morality on the bible, or get your values from it - this type of action simply reinforces the values you already have from your genes and your environment (where morality really comes from). You can have all those good values without the need to believe in an imaginary skydaddy; just like the rest of the secular population that lead healthy, responsible, and MORAL lives.

Let me ask you a hypothetical scenario. Person A does good because he is afraid of skydaddy always watching and doesn't want to be punished. Person B does good because he knows it's the right thing to do. Which of those people are more moral?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GE 1:28 Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and subdue it. Have dominion over all living things. (Note: God appears to be totally unconcerned with population control or ecology.)

GE 3:16, CO 11:3-9, EP 5:22-24, CN 3:18, TS 2:5, 1PE 3:1-6 The husband is to rule over his wife. Wives are to be subject to their husbands even when the husband is disobedient to God. Man is the image and glory of God, while woman is the glory of man. Man was not created for woman but woman for man.

GE 3:16 Women should suffer pain during childbirth. (Note: This verse was used by the Church to oppose the use of anesthesia during childbirth.)

GE 4:13-15 Cain--who murdered his brother Abel--is promised protection by God.

GE 15:18 Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Syria, Yemen, and part of Iraq belong to the Jews only.

GE 17:10 "This is my covenant, ...every male among you shall be circumcised." (Note: God seems to have an obsession with this--the words circumcise, circumcised, circumcising, circumcision, uncircumcised, uncircumcision, foreskin, and foreskins appear 157 times in the KJV. Although the KJV correctly translates the oldest Hebrew and Greek manuscripts, versions since the KJV attempt to soften this apparent obsession by creatively translating these words in a different fashion wherever possible.)

GE 17:14 A child is to be punished when his parents neglect to have him circumcised.

GE 27:18-24, 28:14-15 Jacob--who had cheated his brother Esau of his birthright--is given special blessings by God.

GE 31:17, GE 36:6, DT 21:15, JG 8:30, SA 5:13, KI 11:3, CH 14:3, CH 11:21, 13:21 Polygamy is condoned. (Note: David is one of the polygamists. He is an angel of God, SA 19:27, and always fulfills God's will,AC 13:22.)

GE 38:8-10 A man who refuses to impregnate his widowed sister-in-law is put to death.

EX 20:4 We are not to make likenesses of anything. (Note: This seems to preclude all photographs, paintings, statues, etc.)

EX 20:5 We are not to worship a likeness. The children to the third and fourth generation will be punished for infractions.

EX 20:8-11, 31:15-17, 34:21, 35:1-3 No work of any kind is to be done on the Sabbath, not even lighting of a fire. This commandment is permanent. Death is required for infractions. (Note: This would require even that essential services, such as hospitals, police departments, etc., shut down on the Sabbath.)

EX 20:26 You should not go up steps to a high altar; you might expose yourself. (Note: Men wore skirts at this time.)

EX 21:7-11 A father can sell a daughter into slavery to pay a debt. A daughter sold into slavery is not released at the end of six years as is an ordinary male slave.

EX 21:12 Whoever strikes a man so that he dies is to be put to death--except that, in some cases, God will appoint a place to which the offender may flee instead.

EX 21:15 Whoever strikes his father or mother is to be put to death.

EX 21:16 Whoever steals a man is to be put to death. (Note: This is in spite of the fact that a father can sell his daughter into slavery; see EX 21:7-11.)

EX 21:17, LE 20:9, DT 21:18-21 A child who curses his parent(s) is to be put to death. A stubborn and/or rebellious child is to be put to death.

EX 21:20-21 A slave owner is to be punished if he strikes his slave and the slave dies shortly thereafter. If the slave lives a day or to and then dies, the slave owner is not to be punished. A slave is the same as money to his owner.

EX 21:23-25, LE 24:17-21, DT 19:21 An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, etc.

EX 21:28-32 When an ox gores a man to death, the ox must be stoned. If the ox has gored a man previously, the animal's owner must also be put to death; in the case of the goring of a slave, the only requirement is that the owner of the ox must pay thirty shekels to the owner of the slave.

EX 22:16-17 An unbetrothed virgin is required to marry her seducer.

EX 22:18, DT 18:10 A witch or sorcerer is to be put to death.

EX 22:20 Anyone who sacrifices to other gods must be destroyed.

EX 22:29 Firstborn children should be sacrificed to the Lord.

LE 3:17 The eating of blood and fat are prohibited forever.

LE 10:9 Drinking strong drink in the tabernacle of the congregation will result in death.

LE 11:7, DT 14:8 Eating pork is prohibited.

LE 11:10 Eating shellfish is prohibited.

LE 12:2 A woman who has a child, especially a female child, is unclean and purification rites are required.

LE 15:2 When a man has any bodily discharge, it is unclean.

LE 15:4 Any bed that a man with a discharge lies on is unclean.

LE 15:5 Anyone who touches an unclean bed must bathe and is unclean until evening.

LE 15:6 Anyone who sits on anything that a person with a discharge sat on must wash his clothes and bathe, and is unclean until evening.

LE 15:7 Anyone who touches the skin of a person who has a discharge must wash his clothes and bathe, and is unclean until evening.

LE 15:8 Anyone who is spit upon by a person who has a discharge must wash his clothes and bathe, and is unclean until evening.

LE 15:9-10 Whatever [saddle] a person with a discharge sits on is unclean. Anyone who touches it must wash his clothes and bathe, and is unclean until evening.

LE 15:11 Anyone who is touched by a person with a discharge who has not washed his hands must wash his clothes and bathe, and is unclean until evening.

LE 15:12 Any clay or wood utensils that are touched by a person with a discharge are unclean and must be broken or washed.

LE 15:13-15 When his discharge has stopped, the person who had the discharge will count off seven days, wash his clothes and bathe. On the eight day, he must present two birds to the priest for an atonement for having had a discharge.

LE 15:16 When a man has an emission of semen, he must bathe his whole body, and he is unclean until evening.

LE 15:17 Any clothing or leather that has semen on it must be washed, and it is unclean until evening.

LE 15:18 When a man lies with a woman and there is an emission of semen, both must bathe, and they are unclean until evening.

LE 15:19 A woman who is menstruating is unclean. Anyone who touches her is unclean.

LE 15:20 Anything which a woman who is menstruating sits on or lies on is unclean.

LE 15:21 Anyone who touches the bed of a woman who is menstruating must wash his clothes and bathe, and is unclean until evening.

LE 15:22 Anyone who touches anything which was sat upon by a woman who is menstruating must wash his clothes and bathe, and is unclean until evening.

LE 15:24 If a man lies with a woman who is menstruating and any of her discharge touches him, he is unclean for seven days. Any bed he lies on is also unclean.

LE 15:28 After her flow stops, a woman who was menstruating must count off seven days before she is considered clean again. On the eighth day, she must present two birds to the priest for an atonement for having had a menstrual discharge.

LE 19:13 Hired help must be paid every day.

LE 19:19 Cattle must not be allowed to breed with a different kind.

LE 19:19 A field must not be sown with more than one kind of seed.

LE 19:19 A cloth garment made of two kinds of material must not be worn.

LE 19:26 Flesh with blood in it must not be eaten.

LE 19:27 The hair on the temples should not be rounded off.

LE 19:27 The edges of a beard should not be clipped.

LE 19:28 Tattoos and the like are prohibited.

LE 19:29 Do not make your daughter a prostitute.

LE 19:31 Do not consult mediums or wizards.

LE 20:10-12, DT 22:22 Adulterers (in some cases) must be put to death.

LE 20:13 Practicing male homosexuals are to be put to death. (Note: Female homosexuality is not considered in the OT though it NT. See RO 1:26-32.)

LE 20:14 If a man has sexual relations with both his wife and his mother-in-law, all three of them must be put to death.

LE 20:15-16 If a person engages in sex with an animal, both the animal and the person must be put to death.

LE 20:18 If a man has sex relations with a woman who is menstruating, both shall be excommunicated from their people.

LE 20:27 A medium or wizard is to be put to death.

LE 21:9 If a priest's daughter becomes a prostitute, she is to be burnt with fire.

LE 21:14 A priest (or descendant of Aaron) must not marry a widow, a divorced woman, a woman who has been defiled, or a harlot, but only a virgin.

LE 21:17-23 A priest (or descendant of Aaron) with crushed testicles (or almost any other physical deformity) is not to be allowed near the sanctuary.

LE 24:16 Whoever blasphemes the name of the Lord must be put to death.

LE 25:44-46, DT 15:17, EP 6:5, CN 3:22, TS 2:9, 1PE 2:18 Slavery is an everlasting institution. Slaves are to obey their masters in everything.

LE 27:3-7 Males are more valuable than females.

LE 27:29 Human sacrifice is condoned.

LE 27:30-32 A tithe, a tenth of everything, is to be given to the Lord.

NU 3:10 An unauthorized person who acts as a priest must be put to death.

NU 5:2-3 Anyone who has a discharge or who has touched a corpse is unclean.

NU 5:12-31 A woman suspected or accused of adultery is to be tested by making her drink the "water of bitterness," or holy water mixed with dust from the floor. (Note: There is no such test for men.)

NU 19:16 Whoever touches one who is slain in the field with a sword, or a dead body, or a bone of a man, or a grave, is unclean for seven days. (Note: Isn't one who is slain in the open field with a sword also a dead body? Why the distinction between the two?)

NU 19:22 Whatever an unclean person touches is also unclean. Anyone who touches an unclean thing also becomes unclean.

NU 31:18, 35, JG 21:12 Young virgins are considered a spoil of war and can be taken for the use of the victors.

DT 4:19 Be careful when you look at the stars and planets not to be enticed into worshipping them.

DT 13:2-5 Anyone who causes someone to turn to another god must be put to death.

DT 13:6-10 A man is required to slay his friends and members of his own family who are guilty of worshipping another god.

DT 15:1-3 Every seven years, a brother (meaning a fellow Israelite) should be released from his debt. Only a foreigner should be required, again, to honor his debt.

DT 17:12 A man who shows contempt for a judge or priest must be put to death.

DT 18:20-22, EZ 14:9 If a prophet's words do not come true, he is a false prophet and must be put to death. This is true even if he has been deceived by God himself.

DT 22:5 One must not wear the clothing of the opposite sex.

DT 22:6-7 If you want to live a long time, you must not take a mother bird from her young, but you may take the young from the mother.

DT 22:10 You must not plow with an ox and an *** together.

DT 22:13-21 A bride in whom "the tokens of virginity" are not found is to be put to death. (Note: The bridegroom who falsely accuses his bride gets off with a fine.)

DT 22:23-24 A betrothed virgin who is seduced in the city is to be put to death unless she cries for help.

DT 22:28-29 A virgin who is raped must marry her rapist (if they are "found").

DT 23:1 A man whose testicles are crushed or whose "male member" is cut off may not enter the sanctuary.

DT 23:2 A *******--and his offspring to the tenth generation--are to be punished for his illegitimacy and cannot enter a congregation of the Lord.

DT 23:10 A man who has a seminal emission during the night is unclean and must go through a purification process.

DT 23:12-14 The Lord must not be allowed to see human excrement (it is indecent).

DT 23:19-20 Money must not be lent at interest to a brother (meaning a fellow Israelite). Interest can only be collected from foreigners.

DT 24:1-4 A man may divorce his wife simply because she displeases him.

DT 25:5-10 A man has an obligation to produce a child for his widowed sister-in-law.

DT 25:11 A wife who grabs her husband's opponent by his "private parts" must have her hand cut off and is to be shown no pity.

JG 21:21 The Benjamites are commanded to take wives by hiding in the vineyards and then seizing the "daughters of Shiloh" as they come out to dance.

1KI 5:13, 9:3, 15 Forced labor is apparently sanctioned inasmuch as the Lord consecrated the house that Solomon built for the Lord using forced labor.

PR 13:24, 22:15, 23:13 Children are to be disciplined with the rod--if beaten with a rod, they will not die. (Note: Many Christian parents have inadvertently beaten a child to death following this precept.)

PR 26:4 Do not answer a fool. To do so makes you foolish too.

PR 26:5 Answer a fool. If you don't, he will think himself wise.

PR 31:10-31 The able wife is to bring only profit and no loss, rise before dawn, buy land prudently, plant a vineyard with her earnings, keep her lamp burning all night, gird herself to work, be generous to the poor, lend a hand to the forlorn, talk shrewd sense, offer kindly counsel, and never be idle.

IS 56:4 A eunuch who keeps the Lord's Sabbath will receive special rewards.

HO 4:14 The sins of female prostitutes and adulterers can be excused when the men themselves set a bad example.

MT 5:22 Do not get angry. Anger is a sin.

MT 23:9 Do not call any man on earth "father."

MT 5:18-19 The OT law is to remain in effect until heaven and earth pass away.

MT 5:28 Whoever looks upon a woman lustfully commits adultery in his heart. (Note: This precept could cause some to think that they might as well commit adultery as to do so only in the heart.)

MT 5:29-30, 18:8-9, MK 9:43-47 If your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. (Note: Many believers insist that this admonition, and others like it, are to be taken figuratively, although others take even this admonition literally. The problem is that there is no clear and decisive method to determine whether a passage is meant to be taken literally or figuratively. God could have foreseen this problem and should have provided an unambiguous solution.)

MT 5:33-37 Make no vows or oaths. They arise from evil (or the Devil).

MT 5:38-44 Turn the other cheek. Love your enemies. Do good to those that hate you.

MT 5:40 If any man would sue you and take your coat, give him your cloak also.

MT 5:42, LK 6:30, 35 Give to everyone who asks. Lend to everyone who wants to borrow.

MT 5:48 Be perfect.

MT 6:6 Pray in private.

MT 6:25-34, LK 12:22-31 Take no thought for tomorrow. God will take care of you.

MT 7:7-8, LK 11:9-10 Ask and it will be given. Seek and you will find. Everyone who asks, receives.

MT 19:12, RO 8:13 A man should consider castration, thereby making himself a eunuch, for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. If you live after the flesh, you shall die, but if you put to death the deeds of the body, you shall live. (Note: During the dark and middle ages, saints castrated themselves by the thousands in order to become more godly. Even now, the practice continues in some sects.)

MT 22:37, MK 12:30, LK 10:27 Love God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength. (This is, of course, an impossibility.)

MT 23:3 Practice and observe everything the Pharisees and scribes teach.

MK 10:2-12, LK 16:18 Divorce is wrong, and to remarry is to commit adultery.

MK 10:29, LK 18:29 A man who leaves his house, wife, brothers, parents, or children for the sake of the kingdom of God will receive special rewards.

LK 12:33, TI 6:8 Sell your possessions and give to charity. Be content with having only food and clothing. (Note: Many believers claim that the first injunction applies only to those who are wealthy or have a problem with wealth. That this is not the case is clear from the context. It is also clear that the Disciples practiced this principle; see AC 2:44-45 and 4:32-35. This is in sharp contrast to the concept of abundance that many evangelists preach and to the personal wealth they often amass.)

LK 14:26 One cannot be a disciple of Jesus unless he hates his mother, father, wife, children, brothers, sisters, and even his own life.

LK 14:33 "... any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple."

LK 18:1, 1TH 5:17 Pray constantly. Don't give up.

RO 1:26-27, 32 Men and women who commit unnatural sexual acts deserve to die.

RO 13:1-4, PE 2:13-14 Be subject to every human institution. All authorities (laws and governments) are from God. (Note: This would include those of a Nazi Germany, yet believers seldom follow this injunction. Even Jesus and his Disciples violated this principle.)

1CO 3:18 Become a "fool" (for Christ) in order to become wise. (Note: A fool is still a fool.)

1CO 6:1-8 Christians should never go to court against each other, but should, instead, let the church settle their differences.

1CO 7:1-38 Men and widows should not marry. Although it is well for a man to remain chaste, the temptation to immorality is a valid reason to marry; a man should marry if he cannot control himself. Yet, a man who is already married should live as if he were not. He that is unmarried is concerned about how he can please the Lord while he that is married is concerned about pleasing his spouse. It is better to remain single so as to attend to the Lord without distraction.

1CO 10:24 Put your neighbor's good ahead of your own.

1CO 11:3-10 A woman is to keep her head covered while praying or prophesying.

1CO 11:14 It is a shame for a man to have long hair. (Note: Why is it, then, that most portrayals of Jesus show him with long hair?)

1CO 14:34-35 Women are to be silent in church. If they have any questions, they are to ask their husbands at home. It is a shame for women to speak in church.

2CO 13:12 Greet each other with a holy kiss.

CN 2:8 Philosophy is to be shunned.

1TH 5:16 Rejoice always.

1TH 5:18 Give thanks no matter what the circumstances.

2TH 3:10 Anyone who doesn't work should not be allowed to eat.

1TI 2:9, 1PE 3:3 Women should not braid their hair, or wear gold or pearls or costly attire.

1TI 2:11-12 Women are to learn in silence (from men) in all submissiveness.

1TI 2:12 Women are not permitted to teach or have authority over men.

TS 1:10-11 There are many who must be silenced.

JA 4:7-10 Humble yourselves before God: be miserable, grieve and cry, let laughter be turned to sorrow. The Lord will then exalt you.

JA 5:14-15 Use prayer and anointing to cure illness.

2 JN 1:9-11 Do not allow anyone into your house who is not a fellow believer.

How is this info false. i beleive it's called jewish law. pretty factual if you ask me. you mmay not agree with the laws but they are what they are. sorry you can't deal with rules. ofcourse we would'nt know these laws if it was'nt for the historical accuracy of the bible. your intelligence should have pointed out this obvious fact. moderate intelligence is obviosly greater than your non-existant intelligence. how can you argue with a religious law that is not even a godly law. there are only 10 camandments still and those are all you need to follow to not commit sin. every verse you typed is historical fact, how can you say the bible is not considered, by many the greatest historical book ever? you are just a denier so you can't be argued with. you have not read the bible. if you had, this section you focused on is mostly orthodox jewish law. they are outdated rules and are not required they are mere suggestions.

no i beleive everything the bible claims within reason. since much of the bible was written by man trying to comprehend things man clearly did not understand. you can't debunk on that realization. but historically it is pretty much fact you can't admit the obvious so your argument is baseless and full of things you clearly don't understand or refuse to understand.

while it is my deepest hope to have an argument with a real point, i just don't think you can focus. and i also beleive your knowledge on the subject is sevearly limited. you have tried to broadly debaucle things that are historical laws. thats like saying hammurabi's code is all a lie. it's not truth or lie's its a law book it can be cosidered right or wrong but not false or true. so why try to argue with these statements? if a man steals cut his hand off. how is that a lie or a truth? how do you argue with this? it just shows you are not knowledgable on the bible. you are useing a different argument on a different point. do you even know what this point is? i do and have debated it before. but the argument we had was on historical accuracy. none of these versus' debunk annything or prove any point except the bible preserved these laws for historical accuracy. i enjoy a good argument but it is clear your knowledge is lacking wich makes this unamusing for someone with my knowledge on the subject. i will continue to look at your posts but i don't see any viable arguing points b/c you just keep bringing up things that are to broad or things that have nothing to do with our argument.

i will help you...just find a historical event that has been proven through excavation or some other valid statement in the bible that is entirely false. PROVEN! now with your extreme knowledge from reading the bible b2b twice this should be some what easy.

don't google the question and comment on the first thing you see useing info you have'nt confirmed through atleast 2-3 source's. i will know if you did, also some of the other things you posted where at the top of search on google. thats how i know you don't really have great knowledge of the bible. no one with even moderate knowledge would copy and paiste the first thing they see. do this then you can have a legitamate statement to argue on. HINT there are atleast a few things you can easily try to argue with if you have some knowledge. bible versus' don't really count b/c you are leaving out pretext and mostly just arguing a different point. ours is on historical accuracy since you claim 80% is false. if you wanna change the argument what ever but since you still claim it is not one of the greatest historical books of all time you should easily find lots of historical innaccuracy. which it is not good luck

and actually i just read about 3 days ago on science daily wich i frequent you comment on the death of energy. yes it is proven that this cannot be destroyed it was a breaking headline earlier this week. the NAC is'nt 93% atheist also. the headline should read "SCIENTIST LEAN ON LIFE AFTER DEATH". ill post the link after i roll up. since you don't keep up with new info you should not talk to people about ignorance sice clearly you are wrong and there is a scientific theory just released on the subject. you're ingnorance and disrespect is clearly the mark of a fool who beleive's he is smart. thats the worst fool of all

i have tried to see randoms thought process but he clearly has none. thats why he cannot sway anyone. he only uses some one else's retoric that convinced him, mainly b/c he's not really that smart. and wonders how every one does'nt get it, thats why people without knowledge on a subject can't argue it they can only repeat what others say.

once random claimed the bible is'nt considered one of the greatest historical books i knew he was a denier or a liar. this guy should realize he's a minority for a reason. about 95% of people beleive in a higher power probably more than that. it's an accepted fact. much like gravity evolution and most popular theories out there. i realized this guy was full of hot air when he did'nt need factual evidence to beleive in evolution but needed it to beleive in god. science at this point can PROVE neither...heck it can't even prove how gravity works and we see it daily. there are several beleif's we all hold that are accepted as truth yet not proven by science and mosy of these things are worldly or are seen physically yet it is still unproven. this guy picks and chose's what he wants to beleive. when you can't admit historical accuracy of the bible but beleive in theories like evolution an plate techtonics, or the theory of pangea, gravity, universal theory, etc etc...

i mean by his admition he should not beleive in any of these things none are proven or considered fact. his way of arguing is to try and pick one thing you say attack it try and call you dumb and then say if your wrong here your wrong every where, thats the first sign some one does'nt know what they are talking about. thats b/c he is scared and beat. he cannot give any viable points he cannot adress questions from others and he's used the same versus (wich i can't understand why he thinks this makes since), to try and prove some thing, i don't know what b/c he has'nt said. he just copy's and pastes and is like look. At what!? no one gets it! it's gibberish with nothing to do with god or the accuracy of the bible. i don't think anny one is like ohh yea that does'nt make since. how did i not see that when i read it the first time? no one except random b/c he never read jack. those versus' don't make since to those who read the true text.

random is probably some kid who thinks when his nintendo breaks god hates him or b/c he can't find a G/F god hates him. negative people always blame god like they do every one else for there problems. then they wanna drag positive people who look at the bigger picture down thinking we are just like them. well we are not just b/c i have a bad day does'nt drag me down where i swear aginst god and annything holy. i know that good is happening to others who need it more so i stay happy. atheists are always damaged people with problems who hate some thing in randoms case it's probably over divorce or loss of a girl friend or simply can't get a woman. he probably slouches around all day complaining about life and hates people that seem happy and good looking. he hates those unlike himself, hates his boss and his job whispers under his breath obsenities in public to others but probably screams at them in his car...sign of a coward, i know this kid and i say kid b/c mentally thats what he is. he fits the profile of a 15 -25 year old but i think he has development issues so ill say he's 25 - 35, his parents have a major role in taking care of him either with money, food or does him some service that if they don't do he cuss' them out or is angered. he probably has never lost a close family member. and lives alone or with his parents. while i feel bad for random and his felings i think he has alot of growing up to do so i'm showing him how obvious he is. argue all you want but don't degrade people and lie to do it random. i would probably like you if i met you but that is b/c if some one hangs with me i make them be honest to them selves, clearly you are not doing that.

i understand your kind random but you must understand the mask and personna you give off can be negative and that will cause people to dislike you who don't know you. your problem is if some one does'nt like what you like you won't let them get to know you. you should diversify your friends. that will help you alot. even with people you don't think you would like all people are complicated beings with inner thought, and they are just like you. i think the difference is you will let your negative feelings out when others are controlled enough to hold them in and accept them. acceptance and controll is a sign of a more intelligent human being and i think you need work in this area. you should accept that if anyone does somthing for you its a blessing and it is not mandantory for them to put you on a pedistal. and when things go wrong you should expect it and overcome by accepting the truth that things are not perfect. but that's ok. lastly you must consider yourself strong and able to overcome everything with out complaint. powerful people are always graceful in there actions, cowards complain and wonder, why me? instead of saying ok to solve this problem a. b. c. d....its ok to feel roughed up but one should never feel that way over simple daily tasks even under major strife one should hold his head up and remain in a powerful mind state. i hope this helps you random. your argument still is garbage though

Oh, you thought I was done in here and then you could come in and start typing some more of your b.s. drivel without getting smacked down like you have in every post in this thread? Think again. I'm busy with work but you should have learned your lesson by now. I'll put you back in your place in a few days when I have more time. Until then, how's the weather in fantasy land?

Oh, you thought I was done in here and then you could come in and start typing some more of your b.s. drivel without getting smacked down like you have in every post in this thread? Think again. I'm busy with work but you should have learned your lesson by now. I'll put you back in your place in a few days when I have more time. Until then, how's the weather in fantasy land?

Give it up dude. Stop wasting your time, it's not going to do anything but... nothing.

i can feel you questioning yourself now

you are right i hand it to random he is a very intelligent poster. he brings good evidence and presents a good debate. however. the evidence he presents does not explain how this world works or how this world came to be. their are some serious flaws in his arguments that more knowledgable christians then my self could point out, and even a few i could point out. he comes into a debate with a closed mind and shows little respect for others beliefs. and that isnt a good way to get someone to listen. if you dont respect us. we dont respect you. and that is basically why his debate isnt going to do anything but nothing.

I disagree i think his arguments are very weak almost nill. i don't see a good point in any post. he basically picks a single verse out of the middle of the bible and say's thats wrong.i just don't see how you can do that. he claims the bible is 90% false. his intelligence is very limited on the subject he just copied and paisted the first search on google from a guy just as dumb. he never tried to argue the normal things most intelligent agnostics would argue. i had hopes that he could argue this out but it is clear he can just repeat his self over and over again about 20 versus' that have nothing to do with truth or annything. he claimed to read the bible twice so i expected a good conversation but i was fed up by him thinking he was smart and telling others they where dumb. this kid is clearly some one who should not be talking in this conversation. i have 10 yr's of schooling on the subject, read the bible on my free time and am in the process of reading it again with other people at my home to discuss things that i overlooked before.

i do not attend church nor do i listen to preachers and preist's who in my experience won't go in depth with the congregation. so i decided to read and interpret myself and i continue to analyze what i read. just disecting the first 3 books of the bible will take years. then the war story's start pretty good reading since we win almost every time with brains not bronze. the isrealites where not cowards by any means they attacked and conquered much larger armies and nations. history is the bulk of the bible, there are books on jewish law only 1 or 2 the rest is prophecy, wars, stories of moral mastery, and of moral failure and consaquence. in the new testament jesus is the main storyline. it goes over his life milestones untill the end.after that it is story's of the deciples after they break up and go around the world in there own storyline. pretty intresting insight for a person living in that time erra it's really amazing to read the words the leaders and governors of that time and how they interacted with these men. all history. thats really why randoms arguments are full of hot air. he knows nothing about the bible. he only repeats what others claim with no basic knowledge his self. against me he is way out of his league. basically to the point where i don't think he could make 1 single half decent point that makes any sense. out of all he has typed he has'nt made one yet and i read them all. still wating...

This is the best thread ever.

I'm an agnostic at best. I believe in the "theory of evolution", but I also choose to hope for the existence of some higher power. This very personal "hope" of mine could be considered a character flaw, but I don't choose to make the mistake of attempting to convert people to my point of view.

If anyone here can refute what RandomFan has posted, by all means post a link to anything, anything at all that supports your opinion.

What I consider my greatest issue with modern Christianity is its obsessive clinging to ignorance. Stupidity is the champion of faith in the new millennium. This can be observed by counting the grammatical and spelling errors in this thread.

You guys are all great, and if I hadn't been drinking all day, I most likely wouldn't have replied. Thankfully, the vodka enabled my snark reflex.

haha

Classic!

Yes lets all argue about the fictional little man in the sky. The only thing the bible is good for, is for lighting the fire when you have run out of newspapers...

MattyIce07 and RandomFan like this