Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Youngin

The bible is a work of fiction

422 posts in this topic

I am sure there is a God. I am also sure that the Bible is a metaphor and Science is right about everything else. There were no Dinosaurs running around with Moses. Sorry , didnt happen.

Science and religion have to find that ability to exist.

funny how you people don't understand and can't prove 99% of the stuff these scientist have to say yet you believe it all the same.

Predictive prophecy,

years of historical knowledge written before the events took place?

During Babylons time knowledge that

Medo Persian, then Greece, then Rome would all come to power, and call these people out by name is not something you can do, it would be like saying, during the time of the Civil war, hey in 2012 Barack Obama will become the leader of the United States, then turn around and tell the next 3 countries to rule after the united states loses its power in the world. just to name one thing, and thats only a small fraction of 1 argument for it.

Falconcheff likes this

These types of debates never go anywhere..I like to debate the philosophical aspect of religion, but whether or not god exists is a petty and pointless debate. There may be god/gods/afterlife, there may not be. No one knows, no one ever will until they die. I've seen people think their side makes them somehow more intelligent, which is completely asinine because they don't know. Its also stupid how much time some spend trying to prove their side makes them intelligent. Its just a pathetic way to try and feel intellectually superior without actually learning anything. Philosophy is something you can debate your opinion on, and is actually intellectually stimulating. By the way, if you want to know my spiritual views..I'm a self styled Luciferian/Satanist. Its pretty awesome being one, lots of fun and very inspiring towards reaching your personal goals. I'm not joking by the way.

These types of debates never go anywhere..I like to debate the philosophical aspect of religion, but whether or not god exists is a petty and pointless debate. There may be god/gods/afterlife, there may not be. No one knows, no one ever will until they die. I've seen people think their side makes them somehow more intelligent, which is completely asinine because they don't know. Its also stupid how much time some spend trying to prove their side makes them intelligent. Its just a pathetic way to try and feel intellectually superior without actually learning anything. Philosophy is something you can debate your opinion on, and is actually intellectually stimulating. By the way, if you want to know my spiritual views..I'm a self styled Luciferian/Satanist. Its pretty awesome being one, lots of fun and very inspiring towards reaching your personal goals. I'm not joking by the way.

Do you have any thoughts on the "afterlife" if there is one and if your spiritiallty will exist or be just, gone.

Looks like OP was trying to get his post count up. As a fellow rookie I understand.

One sure way to do it is open a can of religion debate.

Do you have any thoughts on the "afterlife" if there is one and if your spiritiallty will exist or be just, gone.

Thats the thing. The body, and the souls are different. Your soul encompasses your memory and is essentially you. Eventually we may be able to implant consciousness into a program or a computer but as far as when you die there is nothing spiritually that will save your fate. Rot in the ground in other words.

Christianity is total ******** and anyone who believes it is mentally deficient.

Seriously, belief in religion should be classified as a mental illness.

Christianity is total ******** and anyone who believes it is mentally deficient.

Assertions without arguments are logically deficient.

Total comedy right there...

But I sure am glad that after 2,000 years, the world finally offered someone who understands everything at such a higher level!

kudos to you for being more brilliant than literally billions of people throughout history...

Yes, yes...2,000 years; billions of people...all mentally ********. But you, Oh Yes, YOU...so much smarter than, say, the majority of all historical humanity.

What did the world ever do before you came along? Oh, right...Worship God...

Total comedy right there...

But I sure am glad that after 2,000 years, the world finally offered someone who understands everything at such a higher level!

kudos to you for being more brilliant than literally billions of people throughout history...

Yes, yes...2,000 years; billions of people...all mentally ********. But you, Oh Yes, YOU...so much smarter than, say, the majority of all historical humanity.

What did the world ever do before you came along? Oh, right...Worship God...

you-serious-clark-o.gif

The bible is totally fiction. Discuss

Ah the lessons I could give you on this nonsense. What you have in the Bible in a integrated message package penned by over 30 authors spanning about 3000 years. It is authenticated by its ability to call out history before it happens to where individuals are called out by name 100s of years before they appear. Perfect example is when Cyrus takes Babylon Daniel reads Cyrus the prophesy where he is called by name, and Cyrus is so moved he allows them to return to Israel.

What is hard for people to understand is that the real authorship of the Bible comes from outside of time and space. Nineveh has been discovered, sigh this is a pointless conversation if you chose to not believe the evidence that is the choice you have made. If you however care to objectively review the evidence while it may never be enough to entirely prove the thesis it is very hard not to walk away without a different perspective.

So I will leave you with this thought Jesus was the final authentication of the Old Testament. He preached to no more people than would fit into college stadium in a area no larger than 100 square miles and 2000 years later he is the most controversial man in history, and still changes lives. Now with that said we are rapidly approaching the final authentication of scripture. We are racing toward a time that is talked more about in the bible than the time Jesus walked the shores of Galilee, and climbed the mountains of Judea. Now is the time to examine the evidence and seek truth.

This whole thread has become a bit pointless. No matter what anyone tries to spew as facts, it'll never be accepted in the human mind because neither argument can be backed as 100% accuracy, there will always be doubt even if you tried to believe the accounts in the Bible or not. People normally reach this crossroads at a young age, if your raised in a household where jesus is accepted as your savior, your likely to truly believe this in your heart as you grow older. But as an adult that was never raised in Christianity, your more likely to be a skeptic, cause your common sense would tell you to only believe what someone can prove, and if u choose to believe it there will always be some doubt. If I grew up believing the events in harry potter actually happened, I'd probably still believe it until someone debunked it for me by showing me it's just a book. The same can't be said for the bible cause there's no real way to debunk all its claims with 100% accuracy. Science itself is not 100% accurate, only math is. There are many strong arguments that can be made for evolution that are backed by facts, but once again evolution can NEVER be said to be 100% fact, it's a theory. It's just that based on evidence provided evolution makes a little more sense than the bible (which I also consider a theory), which mainly tells you to have faith. Facts> faith for me. But I understand that it's not the same for everyone so I don't even bother trying to convert someone, either way...whatever you choose to believe in is up to you. Just make sure your at piece, if whatever u believe in causes you to live a happy life, it's fine with me.