Our defense needs to do a Great Job disguising blitz vs Brees

This Tampa 2 defense is a good set defense of we have players that play the position well and a constant pressure from the front 4.. Problem lies is when your front 4 doesnt generate the pressure you start bringing the blitz and there are holes in the Tampa 2 style defense when you bring the blitz ..Also in a Tampa 2 style defense usually the corners are reliable tacklers. Well that is not the case with the likes of Brent Grimes on the field .

So I would like to see Stephen Nichalos loaded on John Abraham side. So the Tackle is going to have to pick up either Nichalos or let him go so a rb can pick up and we all know this isnt Reggie Bush strong suit to pick up blizters from the rush LB position on the blitz allowing Abraham to have a guard ..so I want to drop Nichalos down to the line and overload Abraham side

defensive-formations-sets-alignment.gif

tampa2_large.jpg

Yeah, but bush isn't typically in there on passing downs for his blocking (Thomas or Bell is).

Pick your poison: Try and pressure brees with overload blitzes (He's statistically BETTER against the blitz) Or sit in a soft cover two and let him pick you apart all night.

Me personally id rather take my chances with the blitz then let him sit back there and pick apart .

i would like to see a 8 man front disguised blitz, drop back ja98 from his tackle spot, and drop ja55 back, and every body else come running to get brees..somebody bound to grab brees or force him to throw a pick..

I dont want that no more..JA is our best pass rusher why he is dropping back is beyond me. He needs to be going after the QB that is what he does. All we need is Brees to hit a hot route and have Abraham on Colston some how and next thing we know he is in the end zone..

Overload and shoot the gaps..have corners up man to man coverage and tell them its going to be a hot route so make sure you are ready to tackle

I dont want that no more..JA is our best pass rusher why he is dropping back is beyond me. He needs to be going after the QB that is what he does. All we need is Brees to hit a hot route and have Abraham on Colston some how and next thing we know he is in the end zone..

Overload and shoot the gaps..have corners up man to man coverage and tell them its going to be a hot route so make sure you are ready to tackle

yea thats true, but he is also the only one of the line that could actually cover a back if he dropped back in coverage which he has done some already..if we are blitzing all 3 linebackers, with babs and kroy and thomas johnson, we should be good..but just cant continue to the same thing over and ovr again or brees will recongnize it.

Or, he recognizes the play at the line, changes it to a quick slant/screen and watches as 6 points happen. (Seriously, throw 9 guys at him with a DT in coverage???? Really?? That might work in Madden, but not in the NFL).

he can recongnize blitz, but the point is he wouldnt know whos coming and whos not..thats the big difference dude.

Agreed.. disguising the blitz is good, but Brees will be hard to fool. Our guys have to win at the line of scrimmage and blow some crap up, and we have to do it with 4-5 most of the time, more smashmouth and less trickery. Stacking on Abe's side sounds good, but I aint to sure about dropping either of the JA's back very often...they need to push push push.

On the other hand I am good at madden and pretty sure I'd suck it up as a DC in the NFL.

I cannot stop thinking about all this stuff tho...it is almost like an obsession. Hard to work even...