Why Abraham has been neutralized

tone357

Against Dallas, I saw three guys blocking him!!! How demoralizing that must be, when the opposing team can do that, and go one on one against your other d-linemen. No wonder the last few interviews with Abe he seemed overly demoralized. We need help. Badly!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. And the previous game he was pancake- blocked by O. Pace like 5 times. It's been a rough ride for Abe so far. :(

isnt his contract up at the end of the year??

not what you would expect out of him in a contract year, but he still might get double digit sacks

isnt his contract up at the end of the year??

not what you would expect out of him in a contract year, but he still might get double digit sacks

Yeah, but waht can you do when you are being double and triple teamed on every play? Somebody else on the D line needs to step it up so opponents can pay when they do.

Success all starts or fails on the Offense and Defensive line no doubt about that. Abe does need some help. If Peria Jerry wouldn't have been lost for the season I truly believe that Abe's sack total would be a lot higher than it is now.

I have heard it said over and over that the FALCONS coaches are limiting Abe's playing time to avoid injuries that he has had in past years. It looks that way to me.

They need to do a better job of bringing him in at different times and mixing it up better IMO, what I mean by that is that if you bring Abe in against a team facing 3rd and 17 then it's obvious they are bringing him in to try and stop a pass by getting a sack, this tells the opposing offense that they need to double or triple team him. They're giving away too much by limiting Abe to specific situations. Mainly just going for a sack, or so it seems that way.

IMO, he doesn't have to necessarily go out there and get 4 sacks a game to be a great player, sometimes a stop on 1st down can be just as effective as a sack on 3rd. A stop is a stop. If they know what they are facing on passing downs then they know when Abe is going to be in the game. They plan for this. They need to mix up his playing time better to do more than just try and get a sack.

JMO.....

Edited by Electric Falcon

Success all starts or fails on the Offense and Defensive line no doubt about that. Abe does need some help. If Peria Jerry wouldn't have been lost for the season I truly believe that Abe's sack total would be a lot higher than it is now.

I have heard it said over and over that the FALCONS coaches are limiting Abe's playing time to avoid injuries that he has had in past year. It looks that way to me.

They need to do a better job of bringing him in at different times and mixing it up better IMO, what I mean by that is that if you bring Abe in against a team facing 3rd and 17 then it's obvious they are bringing him in to try and stop a pass by getting a sack, this tells the opposing offense that they need to double or triple team him. They're giving away too much by limiting Abe to specific situations. Mainly just going for a sack, or so it seems that way.

IMO, he doesn't have to necessarily go out there and get 4 sacks a game to be a great player, sometimes a stop on 1st down can be just as effective as a sack on 3rd. A stop is a stop. If they know what they are facing on passing downs then they know when Abe is going to be in the game. They plan for this. They need to mix up his playing time better to do more than just try and get a sack.

JMO.....

I agree 100 percent!

Yeah. And the previous game he was pancake- blocked by O. Pace like 5 times. It's been a rough ride for Abe so far. :(

I hope you are joking. Pace held and tackled Abe throughout the game, but at no point did he "pancake" him legitimately.

To answer the question, holding and double & triple teams are what is stopping Abe.

Edited by pr0d1gy

I hope you are joking. Pace held and tackled Abe throughout the game, but at no point did he "pancake" him legitimately.

To answer the question, holding and double & triple teams are what is stopping Abe.

I agree that Pace was holding, biting and doing anything he could to stop abe. But I ddi see him get pancaked on at least one play.

Pace didn't pancake Abe. On one play, Abe fell to his stomach while rushing the passer and Pace laid down on top of him. The announcer termed it a "pancake", but c'mon, that's not a pancake block. A pancake is when a linemen puts a defensive player on his back.

Pace didn't pancake Abe. On one play, Abe fell to his stomach while rushing the passer and Pace laid down on top of him. The announcer termed it a "pancake", but c'mon, that's not a pancake block. A pancake is when a linemen puts a defensive player on his back.

okay peyton, thanks for explaining it

well, you also limit his chances for a sack, when you rotate him out, and on top of that.....drop him in coverage??????

I dont think Jared Allen would do this as much as I saw Abe do this last week

Allen drops into coverage quite a bit for a 4-3 DE. Seen it in every Minny game I've watched this year. I would prefer him to be rushing the passer, but I think BVG is trying to switch it up and make our pass rush less predictable. And Abe isn't all that bad in coverage. Anyone remember the Jags game a few years ago and he broke up a pass intended for MJD?

Pace's "pancake blocks" were basically falling on top of Abe, and being such a fat guy there's nothing he could do. Pace looked pretty bad, but with his height and weight advantage, nothing Abe could do. He's like the big kid in elementary school who would sit on you.

Yes - that destroys our season. Just look at what he's done for the team he joined. Dang - how did we miss that. They are 10 times better than last year - right? ph34r.gif

Titans are 10 times worse. Redskins D is now top notch. It's their offense that can't do the job. If the Redskins had our offense (which isn't even saying much right now), they would be undefeated and Superbowl contenders.

Edited by Mr. Right

Yes - that destroys our season. Just look at what he's done for the team he joined. Dang - how did we miss that. They are 10 times better than last year - right? ph34r.gif

:D:lol::lol:

He gets nicked up and taken out of just about every game. I think he has laid on the ground after a play more times than Washington has gotten a touchdown. He's good, but he isn't worth no $12 million a year for 4 years.

:D:lol::lol:

He gets nicked up and taken out of just about every game. I think he has laid on the ground after a play more times than Washington has gotten a touchdown. He's good, but he isn't worth no $12 million a year for 4 years.

$12 million a year for 4 years is how much King Arthur should be willing to pay for 4 Superbowls.

$12 million a year for 4 years is how much King Arthur should be willing to pay for 4 Superbowls.

Why pay that for a guy who always has nagging injuries? Also, Washington's run D is 24th in the league. He's a great player, and I wanted him, but not if it's going to handcuff our team financially, a la Peppers in Carolina.