First College Basketball Coaches' Poll Out...

WTA

1. Kansas (27)

2. Michigan State (3)

3. Texas

4. North Carolina (1)

5. Kentucky

6. Villanova

7. Purdue

8. Duke

9. West Virginia

10. Butler

11. Tennessee

12. California

13. Washington

14. Connecticut

15. Michigan

16. Oklahoma

17. Ohio State

18. Minnesota

19. Mississippi State

20. Georgia Tech

21. Georgetown

22. Dayton

23. Louisville

24. Clemson

25. Syracuse

AP Poll now out as well...

1 Kansas (55)

2 Michigan State (5)

3 Texas (1)

4 Kentucky (3)

5 Villanova

6 North Carolina (1)

7 Purdue

8 West Virginia

9 Duke

10 Tennessee

11 Butler

12 Connecticut

13 California

14 Washington

15 Michigan

16 Ohio State

17 Oklahoma

18 Mississippi State

19 Louisville

20 Georgetown

21 Dayton

22 Georgia Tech

23 Illinois

24 Clemson

25 Minnesota

Surprised by Tech not being in the top 15 teams in the country.. Very surprised.

Thought they had an outside shot at the top 10 preseason.

Based on what? Getting one stud? I am a big GT fan and I hope you are right, but the Jackets have seriously underachieved lately. I was suprised they actually made the top 25.

Based on what? Getting one stud? I am a big GT fan and I hope you are right, but the Jackets have seriously underachieved lately. I was suprised they actually made the top 25.

i agree with you.. frankly i am surprised they are in the top 25.. they had a horrible year last year and yes they have freshman talent, but are they really top 25 worthy in the preseason? They will have a chance to prove it on the court this year and if they don't Paul Hewitt could be on the hot seat because there is zero excuses this year even with young talent.

i agree with you.. frankly i am surprised they are in the top 25.. they had a horrible year last year and yes they have freshman talent, but are they really top 25 worthy in the preseason? They will have a chance to prove it on the court this year and if they don't Paul Hewitt could be on the hot seat because there is zero excuses this year even with young talent.

They had a very good recruiting class, but so did a lot of other teams...and those other teams were already good. The forward they got that won the MVP in the McDonalds game is a good player, but in college basketball you need a very good point guard to be a top team. I haven't seen that yet.

tech pulled in the most freshmen talent that i can ever remember, and with d'andre bell back, the team has mario west type defender. no more mohammed fayes or diaws. we have older players to keep them grounded, and hopefully they will be very good. i think right now, they look a lot 2007's team with javaris crittenton and thaddeus young, but they could be much better. it all depends imo on how mo miller plays (and how many three pointers peacock doesn't take).

they deserve to be in the top 25, but not the top 15.

its not like preseason rankings mean much in basketball.