RB Pierre Thomas "undefeated" too!

iDash

The New Orleans Saints looked like they would drop their first game of the season on Sunday when they played the Miami Dolphins. They went into the locker room at halftime down 24-10, but turned it around and won the game 46-34.

Now both top running backs on the team Reggie Bush and Pierre Thomas have said at different times that this current New Orleans Saints team can go undefeated.

While on Sporting News Radio's The Monty Show, Bush was asked if the team that currently tops the NFC South can go undefeated. Bush said they can.

“Can we go undefeated?” Bush asked. “Yes. I do think we have the players, the chemistry, we have the heart and dedication, the coaching staff, we have the players.”

Bush is one of the three top backs on the Saints currently and Thomas agrees with his team mate on the Saints going undefeated this season, regardless of opposition.

“I believe we have the opportunity to go undefeated if we stay focused,” Thomas said exclusively to JOCKlife.com.

“We have the guys who can carry us all the way. If we don’t get carried away with wins, and focus on the teams ahead of us and take it one game at a time, there is no reason why we cannot go undefeated.”

Really tough stance there for both Bush and Thomas considering that the Saints almost lost their game against the Dolphins this past Sunday and it was the first time they did not score on an opening drive.

But Thomas said rather than panic, the team understood what they had to do to defeat a very good Dolphins defense.

“In the first half we struggled, we played against a very good defense too, but “We just calmed down again and played our game.”

The Saints not only struggled, they were caught by surprise at how good the Dolphins defense and offense were for the first half. Thomas and his team mates agreed they could win the game and that’s exactly what they did.

“We told ourselves we can beat this team that was our mindset because we had played better teams. They put up a challenge and we knew they were going to be tough.”

With quarterback Drew Brees scoring two rushing touchdowns and passing another to wide receiver Marques Colston, it is quite tough for Thomas not to agree that he has a great leader in Brees.

“Brees is a champion who can overcome anything,” Thomas said. ““To me Brees is the best, he is a true leader.”

Thomas mentioned that on their way to going undefeated, credit must be given to the Saints defense that has carried the team in some games just as the offense has done a credible job as well.

“Our defense has won us a lot of games this season and people do not see that, all they see is our offense.”

It’s quite easy to see the offense, because the Saints have not scored less than 24 points which was in their win against the New York Jets, but just as Thomas mentioned, the defense carried that day in Week 4 against rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez who was picked off three times and sacked four times in the game.

http://www.jocklife.net/news/nfl/reggie-bush-and-pierre-thomas-boasts-new-orleans-saints-can-go-undefeated-29827

Well,

Atleast,

Pierre Thomas actually plays Rb,

so Lofton/Pete & Co. can Bust him in the mouth!

Go Defense!

Saints scored 24 total points vs. Jets. That is inspite of picking Sanchez off 3 times. The Jets had the defense but not the QB to win that game.

What gets me is that all of their toughest non-division games are at home:

NYJ

NYG (after the Saints bye)

NE

DAL

Their other home games are the 3 division games and DET

On the road:

PHI

BUF

MIA

STL

WAS

(and their 3 div games)

Notice anything??? NYJ, NYG, NE, DAL.... We play ALL of them in their house, and with NYG and DAL coming off their bye.

MIA was the toughest road game they will face this season(outside of the division). That is not right. The NFL loves talking about parity but they have no leg to stand on when the schedules come out this lopsided.

edit: I didn't even include the fact that they play DET & BUF while we play CHI & SF. At least there is an understandable reason for that.

Edited by maxatlanta

Saints scored 24 total points vs. Jets. That is inspite of picking Sanchez off 3 times. The Jets had the defense but not the QB to win that game.

What gets me is that all of their toughest non-division games are at home:

NYJ

NYG (after the Saints bye)

NE

DAL

Their other home games are the 3 division games and DET

I don't get this either. You would think it would be a little more parity in who gets home vs away games. At least we didn't lose a home game to London...that to me is unfair to the fan base and they should focus on PreSeason games only for out of market ventures

They have yet to play Carolina or TB and although they are struggling, both teams match intensity on the defensive side of the ball when they play NO....plus as one poster said - they plan on beating us twice this year.

Its unlikely they go 16-0...all 4 division teams are built to stop each other.

So what you're saying is that the Saints D can carry the team every once in a while when the offense isn't clicking.

Cool.

Summary of thread for Saints fans that have limited attention spans:

2 Saints say they will be undefeated.

Saints schedule is Significantly easier than that of the Falcons.

Saints vaunted offense can be stopped and has been already this year.

They have yet to play Carolina or TB and although they are struggling, both teams match intensity on the defensive side of the ball when they play NO....plus as one poster said - they plan on beating us twice this year.

Its unlikely they go 16-0...all 4 division teams are built to stop each other.

no team is built to stop the mighty mighty aints

If I'm not mistaken the schedules are based on how the team did in the previous year. So the teams that make it to the playoffs or win their divisions etc. are subject to tougher schedules. I could be wrong but I think that's how it works.

This is true in non-division vs division matchups. I checked Carolina and they too play those same teams away much like us. To me, if the NFC South plays the NFC East that 2 games would be home and 2 would be away...just seem to be the case.

This also lends itself to giving the higher ranked East teams the advantage over higher ranked South teams which also doesn't lend itself to parity with the NFC??

None the less, the schedule is the schedule - you guys are playing well and we just have to beat you twice this year to gain an advantage. Tall order but doable if we can get our offense firing on all cylinders.

So if they have some really great record and the pattern of NFC playoffs continue which team with a meager record will beat them and deny their chance at a sb? Maybe the niners from their crappy division? Eagles on a wildcard run? Maybe us? It would probably be better if it was not us... I am not sure we would come out of that game without injuries.

undefeated is great..... doesn't matter unless you win the big one. ask the patriots of a couple of years ago. all it takes is to get hot and start to click at the right time. ex. arizona and NY giants.

Yep. If there were no B2B issue I would be nervous if we were sitting at 6-0. I am sure that Indianapolis has plenty of grief counselors to help saints fans when the big let-down occurs.

Proper response: We are just focusing on one game at a time. There are still a lot of games to be played.

Idiot repsonse: Sure we can go undefeated.

yeah ok! Its a shame they have confidence in there teammates and ability to play good football. LOL you guys are clowns. If the situation was reversed you would feel diffrently.