Anyone have ESPN Insider?

Ha said that because, despite your screen name being 100% correct, he still think brooking is the greatest LB Atlanta ever had....*cough Nobis, Tuggle, etc etc etc cough*

Oh, I got ya. I loved Brooking until Sunday. That was a total classless act. Sad part is, he did all of his antics when someone else made the play!

A look back at the 2008 NFL draft

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 | Print Entry

Adam Schefter answers readers' questions nearly every day in his blog. On Wednesday, with the benefit of hindsight, he's fielding questions about 2008 NFL draft picks. Have a query of your own? Submit it right here.

Q: How big a risk was taking Joe Flacco in the 2008 draft? What did the Ravens see in him that they didn't in, say, Brian Brohm, who had received so much more hype in college?

-- Al (Eau Claire, Wis.)

A: Al: The Ravens were very high on Flacco and Matt Ryan. In fact, they even tried to trade up to get Ryan. When they couldn't, they traded back to a spot where they were fully confident they would be able to get Flacco. To be honest, never even heard anything about the Ravens considering Brohm. Ryan and Flacco were their guys, and they were going to be thrilled with either one. Worked out, didn't it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: How badly do the Rams wish they drafted Matt Ryan right now? Could he have had a similar effect there as he did in Atlanta, or would he have been set up to fail?

-- Ethan (Portland, Ore.)

A: Ethan: I think Ryan would have had an effect on St. Louis similar to the one he has had on Atlanta -- he's just that good. But welcome to the Rams' world. St. Louis traded the 11th overall pick to Denver that became Jay Cutler. It bypassed Ryan for Chris Long. It passed up Mark Sanchez for Jason Smith. But mark my words, Ethan: I will be floored if Rams don't go for a quarterback in Round 1 in the 2010 draft.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: For your money, who's the better o-lineman, Ryan Clady or Jake Long? Both guys seem to have played key roles in turning around abysmal teams.

-- Jonathan (Denver)

A: Jonathan: As good as Long is -- and I'm partial to Michigan men -- I think Clady is the best young left tackle in football. You just don't see people with his feet and strength. Denver got real lucky when Clady slid to its spot at No. 11. Were Clady in the draft today, he'd be a top-three pick and it wouldn't be surprising to see him go No. 1 overall.

Q: How long before we can declare Darren McFadden, Glenn Dorsey and Vernon Gholston absolute busts?

-- Walker (Durham, N.C.)

A: Getting closer, Walker. Now in fairness, you never know whether a light is going to go off and a player is going to light it up. Happened once with Trevor Pryce in Denver. He was putrid his rookie year before turning into a perennial Pro Bowl selection. So it happens. But with what we've seen so far from Dorsey, Gholston and McFadden, they might turn into solid players, but it's hard to envision them playing to the contracts they received. However, hope for their teams' sakes they can.

Q: The Steelers drafted Rashard Mendenhall one spot before Chris Johnson went to the Titans. Now that some time has passed, and Johnson has already made a trip to the Pro Bowl, do you think they regret that pick at all?

-- Greg (Pittsburgh)

A: Greg: I don't, actually. Johnson has been a great player, but Mendenhall has begun to prove this season that he is worth the pick. Plus, last season, when Johnson was bursting onto the scene, Pittsburgh still won the Super Bowl with Mendenhall on IR. So the Steelers couldn't have questioned the pick then, and I don't think they do now.

A look back at the 2008 NFL draft

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 | Print Entry

Adam Schefter answers readers' questions nearly every day in his blog. On Wednesday, with the benefit of hindsight, he's fielding questions about 2008 NFL draft picks. Have a query of your own? Submit it right here.

Q: How big a risk was taking Joe Flacco in the 2008 draft? What did the Ravens see in him that they didn't in, say, Brian Brohm, who had received so much more hype in college?

-- Al (Eau Claire, Wis.)

A: Al: The Ravens were very high on Flacco and Matt Ryan. In fact, they even tried to trade up to get Ryan. When they couldn't, they traded back to a spot where they were fully confident they would be able to get Flacco. To be honest, never even heard anything about the Ravens considering Brohm. Ryan and Flacco were their guys, and they were going to be thrilled with either one. Worked out, didn't it?

Q: How badly do the Rams wish they drafted Matt Ryan right now? Could he have had a similar effect there as he did in Atlanta, or would he have been set up to fail?

-- Ethan (Portland, Ore.)

A: Ethan: I think Ryan would have had an effect on St. Louis similar to the one he has had on Atlanta -- he's just that good. But welcome to the Rams' world. St. Louis traded the 11th overall pick to Denver that became Jay Cutler. It bypassed Ryan for Chris Long. It passed up Mark Sanchez for Jason Smith. But mark my words, Ethan: I will be floored if Rams don't go for a quarterback in Round 1 in the 2010 draft.

Q: For your money, who's the better o-lineman, Ryan Clady or Jake Long? Both guys seem to have played key roles in turning around abysmal teams.

-- Jonathan (Denver)

A: Jonathan: As good as Long is -- and I'm partial to Michigan men -- I think Clady is the best young left tackle in football. You just don't see people with his feet and strength. Denver got real lucky when Clady slid to its spot at No. 11. Were Clady in the draft today, he'd be a top-three pick and it wouldn't be surprising to see him go No. 1 overall.

Q: How long before we can declare Darren McFadden, Glenn Dorsey and Vernon Gholston absolute busts?

-- Walker (Durham, N.C.)

A: Getting closer, Walker. Now in fairness, you never know whether a light is going to go off and a player is going to light it up. Happened once with Trevor Pryce in Denver. He was putrid his rookie year before turning into a perennial Pro Bowl selection. So it happens. But with what we've seen so far from Dorsey, Gholston and McFadden, they might turn into solid players, but it's hard to envision them playing to the contracts they received. However, hope for their teams' sakes they can.

Q: The Steelers drafted Rashard Mendenhall one spot before Chris Johnson went to the Titans. Now that some time has passed, and Johnson has already made a trip to the Pro Bowl, do you think they regret that pick at all?

-- Greg (Pittsburgh)

A: Greg: I don't, actually. Johnson has been a great player, but Mendenhall has begun to prove this season that he is worth the pick. Plus, last season, when Johnson was bursting onto the scene, Pittsburgh still won the Super Bowl with Mendenhall on IR. So the Steelers couldn't have questioned the pick then, and I don't think they do now.

Thank You very much sir!

It wasn't really what I thought it was going to be, but thanks nonetheless.