Mike Leach and ugly girlfriends.. LOL

SacFalcFan

Texas Tech coach Mike Leach unloaded on people who might have distracted his players focus after their 52-30 loss Saturday to Texas A&M.

Among those prominently cited were what Leach called the "fat little girlfriends" of the players. Given the opportunity Monday to apologize or revise his comments, Leach instead grabbed a shovel and started digging.

He said his staff had failed to make "our points more compelling than their fat little

girlfriends. Now their fat little girlfriends have some obvious advantages. For one thing, their fat little girlfriends are telling them what they want to hear, which is 'how great you are' and 'how easy its going to be' and we had a bunch of people who wanted to win the football game but nobody wanted to play the football game.

"That defies every level of work ethic that exists with regard to football. As coaches, we have to solve our failure on reaching them and the players have to listen. I am willing to go to fairly amazing lengths to make that happen. I don't know if I will be successful this week or not but I am going to try and there will be some people inconvenienced and if it happens to be their fat little girlfriends too bad. "

:lol::lol:

I bet Leach is a hilarious guy in real life. All the interviews I saw from him last season had me laughing.

I would love to write book on him and his journey to where he is today. He never played a down of college ball.

Leach is atypical among NCAA Division I head football coaches, as he did not play football at the college level. He is one of only six such coaches, with Mark Mangino at Kansas, Paul Johnson at Georgia Tech, Charlie Weis at Notre Dame, David Cutcliffe at Duke, and George O'Leary at UCF.