Larry Johnson RB

Radiohead

Now, I have no idea what he's got left in the tank (physically and mentally) because playing for the Chiefs for the past 4-5 years will drain you, just ask Tony Gonzalez. But, if he is released, old Scott Pioli and Dimitroff used to be best pals back in the day. I wonder if TD has made any calls to Pioli asking whether or not they are going to release him and when? Honestly, we need all of the help we can get in the backfield and I just dont see 33 year old Aaron Stecker making any waves any time soon. I am wishful that KC releases him.

I know hes got a bad attitude, but I think going from a 1-6 team to a 4-2 team could change that pretty fast. It's obvious KC is done with him in every way. TD needs to take advantage of this and get them to drop him and sign LJ to a 1-year small deal and see how it goes. The guy was RIDICULOUS in 2005/2006.

Maybe something like this would be enough to wake Michael Turner up and get him to smell the crap he's been shoveling, because it is awful...

He's not a bad guy, all good athletes say stupid **** when they are on a horrible team and being held back. He just needs some sort of balance with a good team and good coaches. I would take him over Turner in a heartbeat, sorry...

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat :blink:

Thats nuts, I'm sorry. Turner is not playing well right now, but come on...Larry Johnson? This is not the first time he has made a stupid comment dude.

lol, u people are just so judgemental..Yall say hes a cancer, just like yall said randy moss, t.o, vick, dhall, and haynesworth were all cancers, yet they have not caused any problems as of yet. You say hes just as bad as turner. ummm, ok have you taken a look at the chiefs offensive lineman?? um, yea. Most of the people on this board are so quick to judge someone based on what they did when with their previous team thinking its gonna carry over. No one is lobbying for LJ, i just dont understand some of yall being so quick to rush to judgement on players.

lol, u people are just so judgemental..Yall say hes a cancer, just like yall said randy moss, t.o, vick, dhall, and haynesworth were all cancers, yet they have not caused any problems as of yet. You say hes just as bad as turner. ummm, ok have you taken a look at the chiefs offensive lineman?? um, yea. Most of the people on this board are so quick to judge someone based on what they did when with their previous team thinking its gonna carry over. No one is lobbying for LJ, i just dont understand some of yall being so quick to rush to judgement on players.

Sorry, I didn't realize you knew Larry personally then... I go by what I read.

And might I ask how you know he would be a 'good guy' if he switched teams?

He's not a bad guy, all good athletes say stupid **** when they are on a horrible team and being held back. He just needs some sort of balance with a good team and good coaches. I would take him over Turner in a heartbeat, sorry...

Dude, no offense, but this might be the most ridiculous statement that I have EVER read on these boards. And, that is saying quite a bit.....

If you want an old, washed-up RB with no speed and a penchant for getting himself in trouble with the media, why not just go get former Falcon Jamal Anderson?

You are definitely GM material. Honest. I mean it. I would never be deliberately sarcastic in a post.

Dude, no offense, but this might be the most ridiculous statement that I have EVER read on these boards. And, that is saying quite a bit.....

If you want an old, washed-up RB with no speed and a penchant for getting himself in trouble with the media, why not just go get former Falcon Jamal Anderson?

Think what you want, but the guy is nasty and he cant do anything because he has had a HORRIBLE O-line for years now. We have a very good O-line that can actually run block. Turner is just done, and tell me LJ doesnt deserve a second chance with a good team? You cant hate on that...

Everyone gets 2nd chances in the NFL.

This is not a ridiculous idea. Our running game = crap / KC Chiefs = crap

Therefore: LJ + ATL Falcons = better than TURNER

Its really not that complicated...

I am not one that is usually quick to judge, and maybe Johnson would be a great asset to some team. I am just going on the turmoil that he has put the chiefs through the last couple of years.

Yah, let's sign LJ and PacMan(he can fix the secondary)....oh and let's trade Ryan for Vick, cause Ryan just ain't gettin' it done. And maybe trade Roddy for TO. That should fix the Falcons woes. ;)

That a way to take an idea to help our backfield way out of context. LJ isnt any where near as bad as those d-bags, know your facts before talking ****.

Think what you want, but the guy is nasty and he cant do anything because he has had a HORRIBLE O-line for years now. We have a very good O-line that can actually run block. Turner is just done, and tell me LJ doesnt deserve a second chance with a good team? You cant hate on that...

Everyone gets 2nd chances in the NFL.

This is not a ridiculous idea. Our running game = crap / KC Chiefs = crap

Therefore: LJ + ATL Falcons = better than TURNER

Its really not that complicated...

You just said we have a good run blocking O-line this year? I guess you don't watch the Falcons then. I do admit that it is partially Turners fault, but our run blocking is terrible.

Let him find that balance on another good team besides Atlanta. Is there any player that some of these so-called Falcons fan will not take? :angry:

I am not one that is usually quick to judge, and maybe Johnson would be a great asset to some team. I am just going on the turmoil that he has put the chiefs through the last couple of years.

I can absolutely respect that. But, if he is on a solid team with a great foundation, you may see the best side of LJ on and off the field, no?

That a way to take an idea to help our backfield way out of context. LJ isnt any where near as bad as those d-bags, know your facts before talking ****.

Legal Troubles

Johnson has been arrested four times since 2003 on various assault charges against women. In 2003, he was arrested for felony aggravated assault and misdemeanor domestic battery for waving a gun at his then-girlfriend, during an argument at his home. The charges were dropped when Johnson agreed to participate in a domestic violence diversion program. In 2005, he was again arrested for assault when a woman accused Johnson of pushing her to the ground, but the case was dropped after the alleged victim failed to appear in court for three different hearings.

His third arrest for assault came on February 24, 2008, after allegedly pushing a woman's head at a nightclub on February 24.[15] On October 10, 2008, Johnson was arrested for the fourth time and charged with one count of non-aggravated assault for allegedly spitting a drink in a woman's face at a Kansas City nightclub on Oct. 11.[16] The woman involved, Ashley Stewart, has since filed a civil suit against Johnson, accusing him of negligence, assault and battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress and negligent infliction of emotional distress.[17]

It was announced on Oct. 16, 2008, that Johnson would be deactivated for the October 19 game against the Tennessee Titans in response to violating an undisclosed team rule.[18] The team said his suspension for this game was unrelated to the newest criminal investigation.

In March 2009 Johnson pleaded guilty to the two incidents in 2008 and was sentenced to two years probation

We don't need this kind of off the field garbage.

Edited by ConnFalcon

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat :blink:

Thats nuts, I'm sorry. Turner is not playing well right now, but come on...Larry Johnson? This is not the first time he has made a stupid comment dude.

Turner's not the same....the o-line is also not the same as last year. Have other teams gotten better? or has our o-line gone below their maximum capabilities? IDK but both need improvement...and quick

Sorry, I didn't realize you knew Larry personally then... I go by what I read.

And might I ask how you know he would be a 'good guy' if he switched teams?

its not about knowing him personally..im sure all of us read and seen haynesworth stomp on dudes head, and when he became a free agent, people on this board was, "oh no i dont want him stomping on players heads as a falcon"..how stupid does that sound..Yes we all read whats goin on with LJ, but who says if he goes to another team, the same thing will happen. That is very unlikely. Just like the whole vick situation and how people say him being with the eagles is gonna affect the locker room, and he will be a cancer due to his actions in the past, BUT have you seen or heard anything from eagles camp about him being a cancer??NO..like i said, dont judge someone based on their past. If that was the case, this world would be a messed up place to live.