Aaron Stecker

hawkeye

Could he score the winning TD on MN against his old team? Would be nice. If I remember right he is a hard runner.

IMO- we picked this guy up becuase he played for the Saints and may give us some valuable information. I don't think we have any intention of playing him unless all of our RB's go down.

Stecker was an OK back, but he never separated himself from the other guys. He could be of small value to the Falcons on gameplanning, but that aspect is extremely overrated in the NFL. Teams change weekly.

I agree. He had a nice YPC last year on only a small number of carries. He's an old and oft-injured running back. Game planning is kind of overrated, especially when you have the tape of all the games he played in anyways, so I don't know how much information he would have. It will be interesting to see if he gets any play time on Monday.

IMO- we picked this guy up becuase he played for the Saints and may give us some valuable information. I don't think we have any intention of playing him unless all of our RB's go down.

That might be true, but you have to consider that the Saints braintrust is thinking exactly the same thing, so they'll probably change some of the vernacular that Brees would normally use on offense.

Stecker wasn't in TC with the Saints this season. There isn't much that he'll be able to tell Smith that he doesn't already know.

That might be true, but you have to consider that the Saints braintrust is thinking exactly the same thing, so they'll probably change some of the vernacular that Brees would normally use on offense.

It is just a little bit of gamesmanship.

Smitty and them probably won't even ask him about signals.

But the Saints can't take that chance.

So they waste prep time working on new signals.

Stecker wasn't anything special.

But he was a hard worker.

He will probably give the workhorses a much needed break or two.