NFC South champions

nosweatboyz

About the last to first tradition in the NFC South... New Orleans finished in last place last year. So far, they look like the runaway favorite to win the NFC South.

Does that mean next year Tampa Bay finishes first? Or Carolina?

Should we just tank the rest of the way? higher draft picks and first place next year? :wacko:

These stupid trends, curses and superstitions suck! <_<

About the last to first tradition in the NFC South... New Orleans finished in last place last year. So far, they look like the runaway favorite to win the NFC South.

Should we just tank the rest of the way? higher draft picks and first place next year? :wacko:

That streak ended last year when Atlanta didn't win the division.

Besides, it's very possible to win the Super Bowl from a wild card slot. It's been done on multiple occassions.

There is no way that TB or CAR win it next year. They are terrible, more so TB. If Carolina can get a good vet QB, some WR help and so defensive help they can be good. TB is a long way away from being a contender.

Sorry Bucman :ph34r:

There is no way that TB or CAR win it next year. They are terrible, more so TB. If Carolina can get a good vet QB, some WR help and so defensive help they can be good. TB is a long way away from being a contender.

We all say that every year and 5 of the last 6 times, one of these hopeless teams in complete disarray has won the division. Last year, if the Saints would've taken care of business in that last game vs Carolina, it would've still been an active streak. This year, while early, it looks possible again although New Orleans wasn't as in quite as bad a shape as TB or Carolina looks this year. Its still a pretty remarkable divisional characteristic.

then again the same thing could've been said for us after 03.

or the bucs after 04.

or the saints after 05.

or the bucs after 06.

**** we were one jake delhomme come back in NO from being champs last year. we all know how bad we were the year before. all it takes is one offseason.

tbh i'm not too worried about the division though. i think once you get in the playoffs you can throw all the stats out. it seems like one of the top 2 seeds from each conference loses after its 1st round bye EVERY YEAR anyway. the only real thing positive about winning the division is bragging rights and a home playoff game.

or the bucs after 04.

or the saints after 05.

or the bucs after 06.

**** we were one jake delhomme come back in NO from being champs last year. we all know how bad we were the year before. all it takes is one offseason.

tbh i'm not too worried about the division though. i think once you get in the playoffs you can throw all the stats out. it seems like one of the top 2 seeds from each conference loses after its 1st round bye EVERY YEAR anyway. the only real thing positive about winning the division is bragging rights and a home playoff game.

Can't underestimate the importance of that. Ryan and the Falcons don't play nearly as well on the road...especially against top talent

or the bucs after 04.

or the saints after 05.

or the bucs after 06.

Spot on, and thats the beauty of the playoffs. Team get hot at the right time and make a run. Arizona was a prime example. I still beleive we were the better football team, just not that day.