GET OFF TURNER'S BACK

pork

THE REASON WHY TURNER IS NOT PERFORMING THE SAME AS LAST YEAR IS BECAUSE THE OFFENSIV E LINE IS NOT OPENING LANES, THE OFFENSE IS TOO PREDICTABLE, THE DEFENSE IS FOCUSING ON TURNER, AND MATT RYAN IS NOT MAKING THEM PAY IN THE PASSING GAME. WHEN THE OFFENSE IS SO PREDICTABLE RUNNING OUT OF THE 22 SET AND THE DEFENSE IS GEARED TO STOP THE RUN AS ITS FIRST PRIORITY, WHO COULD BE SUCCESSFUL RUNNING IN THAT. THE ONLY TIME THEY PASS OUT OF THE SET IS THE SAME OLE PLAYACTION WITH THE WRS RUNNING DEEP OUTS.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME MATT RYAN DROPPED BACK IN THE 22 SET AND WAS CONSISTANTLY SUCCESSFUL AT MAKING PASSES DOWNFIELD. THE ONLY REASON WHY OTHER BACKS ARE SOMEWHAT SUCCESSFUL IS BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE ADVANTAGE OF HAVING A DEFENSE EXPECTING PLAYING AGAINST THE PASS WHICH MAKE BLOCKING ASSIGNMENTS EASIER TO GET TO.

I couldn't read all that either but, I agree it's way too early to sht can Turner.

I watched a couple 2008 games yesterday and the only diferences I see is the lack of soft running defenses he's had to face so far this year.

Even last year he was totally shut down 5 or 6 times when we faced good running defenses.

The Oline has been fairly inconsistent in the run game in our last 23 games.

Everybody knows that when Turner is behind Ryan we are likely going to run. That's not so obvious when Snelling or Norwood is back there.

Guest The Masked Falcon

I couldn't read all that either but, I agree it's way too early to sht can Turner.

I watched a couple 2008 games yesterday and the only diferences I see is the lack of soft running defenses he's had to face so far this year.

Even last year he was totally shut down 5 or 6 times when we faced good running defenses.

The Oline has been fairly inconsistent in the run game in our last 23 games.

Everybody knows that when Turner is behind Ryan we are likely going to run. That's not so obvious when Snelling or Norwood is back there.

I have noticed that as well. I might be in the minority with this opinion but I believe we really need to upgrade at right guard. Clabo would be more than a solid backup, but mainly him and to a lesser degree Harvey Dahl.....that part of our line hasn't been getting good push and has also been leaking more lately in terms of the pass rush...

We all remember where the line broke down in that fumble recovery/touchdown for the Cardinals in the playoff game....

Its not all on the o-line. Turner isnt hitting the hole hard enough, he is delaying too often looking for the cutback which sometimes never opens up. He is gettiing dragged down behind the line of scrimmage because he isnt going forward aggressively enough. When Snelling was in, he went full force toward the play side, he didnt waste time waiting to see if the backside would open up.

There were a couple of times when there were holes that Turner could have went thru for at least a 4 yard gain b4 contact and he wouldnt even cross the LOS. You can clearly see his legs arent moving at full speed the majority of the time, he needs to re-gain his confidence staying with the primary direction of the run.

Edited by LightningDawg58

Guest The Masked Falcon

Excuses, its the O-line... yet this O-line has helped Snelling out preformed Turner last week.

Turner gained to much weight and it clearly shows it.

There's no reason both can't be true.

When one entire part of your offense isn't working it's pretty rare that the whole problem can be attributed to one player.

I have defended Turner to this point but I have finally come to grips with the fact that he is either:

1. Not seeing the defense properly and tends to hesitate behind this line or

2. Is a step slow and not attacking the defense as he has in the past.

We need him to perform and if he cannot, Snelling merits a chance.

Excuses, its the O-line... yet this O-line has helped Snelling out preformed Turner last week.Turner gained to much weight and it clearly shows it.

OK this Turner is overweight and slow this year is some absolute BS. Answer me this:

Did he lose weight for the SF and CAR games this year? How do you explain him rushing for 100 yards in those games?

Better still did he gain weight last year in games against TB, CAR, CHI, PHI, DEN, NO, MIN and ARI when he was shut down?

Look, I like am a Snelling and Norwood fan, but this delusion that they are so much better will quickly go away if they were lining up for most of the snaps in running situations with 8 or 9 in the box. Trust me.

THE REASON WHY TURNER IS NOT PERFORMING THE SAME AS LAST YEAR IS BECAUSE THE OFFENSIV E LINE IS NOT OPENING LANES, THE OFFENSE IS TOO PREDICTABLE, THE DEFENSE IS FOCUSING ON TURNER, AND MATT RYAN IS NOT MAKING THEM PAY IN THE PASSING GAME. WHEN THE OFFENSE IS SO PREDICTABLE RUNNING OUT OF THE 22 SET AND THE DEFENSE IS GEARED TO STOP THE RUN AS ITS FIRST PRIORITY, WHO COULD BE SUCCESSFUL RUNNING IN THAT. THE ONLY TIME THEY PASS OUT OF THE SET IS THE SAME OLE PLAYACTION WITH THE WRS RUNNING DEEP OUTS.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME MATT RYAN DROPPED BACK IN THE 22 SET AND WAS CONSISTANTLY SUCCESSFUL AT MAKING PASSES DOWNFIELD. THE ONLY REASON WHY OTHER BACKS ARE SOMEWHAT SUCCESSFUL IS BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE ADVANTAGE OF HAVING A DEFENSE EXPECTING PLAYING AGAINST THE PASS WHICH MAKE BLOCKING ASSIGNMENTS EASIER TO GET TO.

Tuner is not the one who should be in there. Explain the fumbles? And please don’t talk about lanes because I seen him have a outside run and was so slow he couldn’t even get the edge and got laid out in the backfield. Guys aren’t afraid of getting trucked over. They play defense they like hitting anyway. The thing that was dangerous about him is he had both power and speed. He really seems slower this year. He’s good at banging it into the enzone but I think we should really let Norwood turn on the speed.

Turner the Burner has turned into Turner the Twinkie....as in he ate to many.

As soon as ANYONE else is plugged in at RB we see positive gains.

Twinkie boy goes back in and we move backwards.

Mularky's "one step up, two steps back" running game has to be fixed.

Starting Snelling may be the quick fix.

I just watched the entire game over and turner constantly faced 8 or 9 in the box except on two of his carries while the others like sneilling seen 7 with the exception of one carry. People cant be serious about comparing the two

I just watched the entire game over and turner constantly faced 8 or 9 in the box except on two of his carries while the others like sneilling seen 7 with the exception of one carry. People cant be serious about comparing the two

Go back and watch all 6 games.

This isnt a problem that has been limited to last weeks game.

Snelling has looked great.

But everyone should get off of Turner's back. He's slow enough without you on there.

That's kinda what I was thinkin'! How has Snelling looked so good if it's everyone's fault but Turners? I'm truly concerned. Is there something wrong with him we don't know about. Please tell me he hasn't lost his love of the game.

Edited by Scantless

Trust me, I have watched every game this year and me and my friends make it a game inside the game to point out how many times turner sees 8 in the box as compared to our other backs, i have every game of turners recorded from the past two years and the percentage of him seeing 8 in the box in compared to 7 is near 6:1, just look to see for yourself if dont believe me.

Trust me, I have watched every game this year and me and my friends make it a game inside the game to point out how many times turner sees 8 in the box as compared to our other backs, i have every game of turners recorded from the past two years and the percentage of him seeing 8 in the box in compared to 7 is near 6:1, just look to see for yourself if dont believe me.

The reason you see 8 in the box is because he is so slow to the hole, the LB's and safeties run up and into the box.

Probably 11 in the box once he gets the ball. :P

There is no way that this is the same guy we saw last year.

Start Snelling one game, lets see if it makes a difference.

He cant do any worse.