Thomas DeCoud

i haven't seen much on his game from sunday. with all of the bad play vs the cowboys decoud was one who really stood out (in a positive way). the only play i remember him getting beat on is austin's 1st TD. he had a couple of deflections, almost had a pick, a few tackles and a sack.

he's been playing very well and if stick'em was legal he would've had like 5 INTs this year. hopefully he works on his hands. other than that he's been playing MUCH better than i expected.

coleman on the other hand has not. coleman just isn't a SS. that's not his position and it shows. he's decent there at best. hopefully moore can get some PT this year and he's the answer. we'd have two young really good safeties out there.

i haven't seen much on his game from sunday. with all of the bad play vs the cowboys decoud was one who really stood out (in a positive way). the only play i remember him getting beat on is austin's 1st TD. he had a couple of deflections, almost had a pick, a few tackles and a sack.

he's been playing very well and if stick'em was legal he would've had like 5 INTs this year. hopefully he works on his hands. other than that he's been playing MUCH better than i expected.

coleman on the other hand has not. coleman just isn't a SS. that's not his position and it shows. he's decent there at best. hopefully moore can get some PT this year and he's the answer. we'd have two young really good safeties out there.

Yea Coleman hasn't really stepped up to the plate. I would love to see Willy-mo out there making some plays. He just has to stay healthy.

I love how Decoud is playing. The kid just keeps getting better and I really hope it continues.

Question- What is the standard size for a safety? (if there is one) Decoud seems kind of small, (it is probobly just me) yet he is dominant.

Yea Coleman hasn't really stepped up to the plate. I would love to see Willy-mo out there making some plays. He just has to stay healthy.

I love how Decoud is playing. The kid just keeps getting better and I really hope it continues.

Question- What is the standard size for a safety? (if there is one) Decoud seems kind of small, (it is probobly just me) yet he is dominant.

DeCoud is not much smaller than Ed Reed

Decoud is good size for a FS, but he is on the small side for a SS.

You can't put that Austin play on DeCoud really. They broke the play down on one of these shows...we brought everyone and Coleman and Decoud were really the only people defending the pass...Coleman bit on a playfake I guess and came up to far...that gave Austin nothing but space. Not having picked him up at the line...there was really no safety in the league that would have stopped that TD. That was pretty much on Coleman.

Thomas Decoud is sneaking up on the league. I think he has great speed. He a good tackler, a good cover guy and he look really well on blitzing. He seems to get there faster than anyone I have ever seen. But he needs to work on ball skills. Any ball thrown near a good safety should be picked (Ed, Troy, Brian, Rodney). But other than that I think there is one other thing he lacks that all those guys have. INTIMIDATION. Ed Reeds lowers the BOOM any and every time he gets the chance. And WRs TEs and RB know that. Troy takes away anywhere on the field he is covering. No matter if it’s deep, right, left or in the flats. All QBs know that, and want challenge anywhere close to troy. Brian and Rodney were out to hurt people. Rodney plays mind games and I saw him get under every guys skin and into their heads with trash talk. The guy just knows what to say. The question is what will make Decoud become feared by offences around the league? He doesn’t seem to be a big hitter and he gives back balls that should’ve been a PicK6. He seems to be a guy who jumps around celebrating when he makes a play vs being scary quite or giving them the Rodney mouth. There are three things I know from playing football for a long time. Guys don’t like being hit HARD. QBs don’t like being intercepted and know body on the other side likes a guy who talks too much and backs it up. It brings down team moral. 28’s current play is good but I’m thinking as soon as he comes out of his shell he is going to be great.

Thomas Decoud is sneaking up on the league. I think he has great speed. He a good tackler, a good cover guy and he look really well on blitzing. He seems to get there faster than anyone I have ever seen. But he needs to work on ball skills. Any ball thrown near a good safety should be picked (Ed, Troy, Brian, Rodney). But other than that I think there is one other thing he lacks that all those guys have. INTIMIDATION. Ed Reeds lowers the BOOM any and every time he gets the chance. And WRs TEs and RB know that. Troy takes away anywhere on the field he is covering. No matter if it’s deep, right, left or in the flats. All QBs know that, and want challenge anywhere close to troy. Brian and Rodney were out to hurt people. Rodney plays mind games and I saw him get under every guys skin and into their heads with trash talk. The guy just knows what to say. The question is what will make Decoud become feared by offences around the league? He doesn’t seem to be a big hitter and he gives back balls that should’ve been a PicK6. He seems to be a guy who jumps around celebrating when he makes a play vs being scary quite or giving them the Rodney mouth. There are three things I know from playing football for a long time. Guys don’t like being hit HARD. QBs don’t like being intercepted and know body on the other side likes a guy who talks too much and backs it up. It brings down team moral. 28’s current play is good but I’m thinking as soon as he comes out of his shell he is going to be great.

I actually think you might be way off on your Intimidation factor regarding Decoud. Decoud is a hitter as witnessed with him on special teams last year, he laid some pretty good hits last year on some pretty unsuspecting Return Men. He can lay the boom, dont get it twisted, but he just hasnt had the chance, but i have seen him come up in run support and make some pretty good hits. He can lay the boom but you have to have a chance to lay the boom, he is too busy covering his man esepcially when we blitz and dont get pressure those big hits usually happens when the CB doesnt have time and FS/SS is allowed to roam.

Agree if he keeps it up He is going to have a good career in the NFL, Personally i dont think is a IMPACT player on Defense he is not a game changer and i dont see him as a player that is going to be feared in the league but i do see him as a consistant player that is going to give you everything he got on every play and wont make stupid mistakes that would cost the team a win. Thats all I ask for .

i think decoud can be a game changer. he was a game changer against the bears and he made some big plays against the cowboys that would've been game changing if our O could've done something.

I agree he is already a game changer for the Falcons, and it has shown over the last few games.

Well the problem is that we have been use to having some crappy safeties now we finally have a pretty decent player and now you guys think he is having a prow bowl year....lol...Offense coordinator dont plan their scheme to avoid Decoud cause he is NOT a game changer. Ask if a OC include Ed Reed,Harper, Palumalu, Hawkins in their schemes cause they know they are a game changer. Decoud is making plays that he suppose to make thats it.

Edited by Falcons_fan

Well the problem is that we have been use to having some crappy safeties now we finally have a pretty decent player and now you guys think he is having a prow bowl year....lol...Offense coordinator dont plan their scheme to avoid Decoud cause he is NOT a game changer. Ask if a OC include Ed Reed,Harper, Palumalu, Hawkins in their schemes cause they know they are a game changer. Decoud is making plays that he suppose to make thats it.

Have you been watching the games dude is having a great season. He dropped 2 INTs in the patriots game, he dropped another one yesterday, and he has been playing great when he blitzed. If you don't believe that he is a probable pro bowler then pass the pipe this way.

So why did the annoucer indicate that jay Cutler was throwing away from Decoud= Game Changer. I see it is now use taking this any further you have your opinions and i have mine = Moving on

So why did the annoucer indicate that jay Cutler was throwing away from Decoud= Game Changer. I see it is now use taking this any further you have your opinions and i have mine = Moving on

You guys are talking about plays he should of made but guess what!!! they dont count from crap if you dont make them. Look I never said he was not having a great seaon ,HE IS specially been his first year as a starter but dont put him in a pedstal yet. As far as having a probowl year I dont know about that..If he would of made all those INT you guys said he should of had then thats another story...;

BS. there aren't that many high impact safeties in the NFL and DeCoud in a short time he made plays and got his hands on balls similar to those top guys. OK he's dropped a few ints, he's still a first year starter he'll eventually start to bring those in on the regular. DeCoud has been flying around the field and getting his hand on balls and taking away the deep pass from offenses. The one to Austin was the only real big play we've given up in the passing game all year, unless it's down the sideline one on one with a corner. DeCoud has definitely had a pro-bowl caliber season so far.

He obviously is our best DB and this is his 1st real action. He works very well in space and doesn't get beat deep very much.

Coleman was solid there last year, but we gave up a bunch more big plays with him.

Like the OP said, Coleman has really looked very average-below average at SS. Moore is on IR now so he has no chance of unseating him. I still think Moore is much better suited to play there and Coleman is just holding the spot for now.

Our future is really bright with Moore/DeCoud at the S positions. Now we just need some CBs.