Someone remind me what Chandler did after he left that was tasteful

Ice74

I thought that was Price??? Wait...is that a question?

so lets see..., things players did either while they were here or after

Tony Casillas leaves to the Cowboys and rips the organization a new hole verbally

Deion says he owned the Georgia Dome, and its his house

Jeff George does a stupid victory lap around the stadium

YKW gives the finger to the crowd

Chandler gives a finger to the crowd and rips the organization on a whole

and Brooking acts like a girl scorned and mocks some type of bird dance

Jim Mora says he would love to take a coaching job back in his home state, while still employed as our HC during a playoff run

am I forgetting anybody or thing

is it no wonder, some of us fans act the way we do about this organization

guys like Tuggle, Nobis and Bartkowski come along only so often

Chandler also gave an interview talking about how he wanted to purge the experience of living and workin in Atlanta completely out of his memory. He ran his mouth for a year about how much he hated Atlatna. Notice how he has never been back for any alimni days?

Wasn't if Jeff George that did a lap around the Georgia Done after returning to beat us?laugh.gif

so lets see..., things players did either while they were here or after

Tony Casillas leaves to the Cowboys and rips the organization a new hole verbally

Deion says he owned the Georgia Dome, and its his house

Jeff George does a stupid victory lap around the stadium

YKW gives the finger to the crowd

Chandler gives a finger to the crowd and rips the organization on a whole

and Brooking acts like a girl scorned and mocks some type of bird dance

Jim Mora says he would love to take a coaching job back in his home state, while still employed as our HC during a playoff run

am I forgetting anybody or thing

is it no wonder, some of us fans act the way we do about this organization

guys like Tuggle, Nobis and Bartkowski come along only so often

Hmmmm do the fans act that way because of the players or vice versa??

You know - it's the whole chicken or egg debate. Personally I have never thought much of the large majority of the fanbase the Falcons have had over the years. Apparently some of the players share that feeling as well.

Chandler also gave an interview talking about how he wanted to purge the experience of living and workin in Atlanta completely out of his memory. He ran his mouth for a year about how much he hated Atlatna. Notice how he has never been back for any alimni days?

Wasn't if Jeff George that did a lap around the Georgia Done after returning to beat us?laugh.gif

I think its coming back to me now, I seem to remember Chandler even ripping the city in general saying it wasnt very nice of a city, low class, etc

Chandler also gave an interview talking about how he wanted to purge the experience of living and workin in Atlanta completely out of his memory. He ran his mouth for a year about how much he hated Atlatna. Notice how he has never been back for any alimni days?Wasn't if Jeff George that did a lap around the Georgia Done after returning to beat us?laugh.gif

Dayummm, how soon we forget - Is this thread about comparing the treatment that

Brooking/Chandler recieved prior to their parting of the ways? I hope not, because that

comparison would be laugable. Yeah Chris was injury prone and was getting up there in

age, but he did something that no Atlanta Falcon in history has ever done - Led the

Falcons to a SB appearance. Now some(FF1970/66) might say "He rode the coattails

of JA-32" during the 98 season, i say BS. Did chandler leave on a sour note?

Yep, the Franchise drafted a younger QB and order to save cap money they cut him,

simply a business move. Was he bitter? Probably, but i wonder if the link provided

below might have something to do with it?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/falcons/2001-11-05-family.htm

Tony Casillas told the Falcons he would retire unless they traded him to Dallas. Nothing anyone else says or does can top that. He literally forced them to trade him.

Not really .... the Falcons response should have been .... Retire ***** .... Casillas was long before free agency or the salary cap ..... we could have tied his *** up for years.

I think its coming back to me now, I seem to remember Chandler even ripping the city in general saying it wasnt very nice of a city, low class, etc

Because the Vickies ragged on his wife at the game and made her cry.. Similar to the incident when Hartsfield was being renamed after the thief (Jackson) and Hartsfield's daughter tried to give a speech and got Boo'd and cried herself off the stage.. Classy city we live in..

Not really .... the Falcons response should have been .... Retire ***** .... Casillas was long before free agency or the salary cap ..... we could have tied his *** up for years.

Actually there was Plan "B" free agency back then. I believe Atlanta's thinking was it was better to get something for a guy who didn't want to be here rather than let him retire. I've always hated him since that. He got two rings after getting his way.

Vick fans are classy..

Coach Dan Reeves told the players to be more prudent about doling out tickets after an embarrassing disturbance at the Georgia Dome during last Sunday's 24-10 loss to the New England Patriots.

According to various accounts, the dispute started when some people in the family section cheered an injury to quarterback Chris Chandler, wanting him to be replaced by rookie Michael Vick. Chandler's wife, Diane, confronted the heckling fans, an argument broke out and someone threw a can at her.

Chandler's rib injury makes him questionable for this weekend's game against Dallas. If he does play, he'll be worried about his wife's welfare in the stands.

"She was threatened by some people at the game after she asked them to be quiet with some of the comments they were making," Chandler said after practice Wednesday. "It's a tough situation. I would just as soon Diane not go to games anymore."

Chandler's wife is the daughter of former NFL star John Brodie.

"She's a lot like her father," Chandler said. "She's pretty tough and has a will of her own, so it'd be hard to keep her away."

He said the fans who argued with his wife were not related to anyone on the team.

"We have no problem within the team," Chandler said. "It's just a few people went to the game that really didn't show much class."

Edited by SkiFalcon

...Now some(FF1970/66) might say "He rode the coattailsof JA-32" during the 98 season, i say BS...
And I say you are clueless. Crystal Chandelier absoluetely rode Jam and the all time best Falcon run defense to the Bowl. What does he do when we get there? Throw three freakin picks! Eugene Robinson didn't lose that game, Chandelier did. Any questions?

I got a question for you. Actually a few:

1. If Chrystal didn't ride coattails, what happened when Jam went down?

2. Will you admit that Chandelier was a 17 year journeyman that got his job taken by McNair, Vick and freakin Kordell Stewart?

3. If not will you at least admit that he only passed for more than 3,000 yards ONCE in 17 years?

4. OK if not, will you acknowledge that his only two good years were coattail riding years with the 1997 and 1998 Falcons?

5. Will you agree that glass jawed perpetrator faked injuries whenever he was taking a beating?

6. Will you admit he miraculously recovered by Tuesday's practice to reclaim his job?

7. You remember when he refused Reeves' request to take a back up role then bolted for CHI and a back up role to Kordell?

8. Do you remember him trashing Reeves and the organization after leaving?

9. You remember him whooping and hollerin after Touchy Feely blew a chip shot in a game he didn't even play in?

10. Are you suffering from selective amnesia, a Chandelier apologist or just flat out clueless?

Edited by FalconFanSince1970

And I say you are clueless. Crystal Chandelier absoluetely rode Jam and the all time best Falcon defense to the Bowl. What does he do when we get there? Throw three freakin picks! Eugene Robinson didn't lose that game, Chandelier did. Any questions?

I got a question for you. Actually a few:

1. If Chrystal didn't ride coattails, what happened when Jam went down?

2. Will you admit that Chandelier was a 17 year journeyman that got his job taken by McNair, Vick and freakin Kordell Stewart?

3. If not will you at least admit that he only passed for more than 3,000 yards ONCE in 17 years?

4. OK if not, will you acknowledge that his only two good years were coattail riding years with the 1997 and 1998 Falcons?

5. Will you agree that that glass jawed perpetrator faked injuries when he was taking a beating?

6. Will you admit that he miraculously recovered by Tuesday's practice to reclaim his job?

7. Do you remember when he btched and moaned to Dan Reeves when asked to take a supporting role to Vick then bolted for CHI to take a supporting role to Kordell?

8. Do you remember him trashing Reeves and the organization after leaving?

9. You remember him whooping and hollerin after Touchy Feely blew a chip shot in a game he didn't even play in?

10. Are you suffering from selective amnesia, a Chandelier apologist or just flat out clueless?

Everything you say might be true. The truth is the truth though, and the truth is that the Falcons don't make it to the Super Bowl that year without Chris Chandler playing an absolutely phenomenal NFC Championship game.

Edit - Ok, I looked it over, and there is on of two things that just aren't true.

Edited by Peyton

Say what you want about the man, but he did finish 3rd all time in passing yards for the Falcons,

I dont know if that speaks more about him or more about the Falcons problems at the QB position

but I'm guessing in 2 more years, Ryan will be taking that position from him