Saints Peaking Too early?

GritsPittz

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you say was our best game (name the exact moment we topped out)?

Since you're 6-0 and haven't lost a game, can't say you topped out yet, but it's hard to maintain that level of success for 16 games + playoffs. Really just want to hang around early in the season, then peak at the end of it.

Saints secondary has looked much improved, but they have also played a bunch of young QBs (4 out of the 6 games either 1st year starting, 1st start or rookie) this year. Sharper is a great Safety, but I think the young QBs is why he's been having such a stellar year so far. The only 2 QBs you've played that were Vets were Eli and Trent Edwards.

Losing Ellis for a few games hurts, hopefully enough to where the Falcons can get their run game started again Monday Night. I don't wish injuries to teams, but they happen and hopefully the Falcons can take advantage of it.

So far Saints have looked great though and did what they're supposed to do, but like I said We'll see :)

It's funny, I've been on these boards since '06 claiming if the Saints had anything

resembling a defense and running game, they would be unstoppable. As in "New England Patriots like" unstoppable.

The falcon fans all seen the run to the '06 NFCCG, and the perennial juggernaut offense, so, why are these falcon fans so shocked at what's happening?

Peaking too early? lol, more like the inevitable is finally happening.

The Saints handled a very capable and battle tested Eli Manning. The young QB excuse is out of the window and poor.

just keep telling yourself that.

a big reason for the saints success on defense is the fact they have played young qbs.

give the saints offense credit, they are a big reason for that.... they score and put the other team behind the 8 ball.

But just because you have played ONE decent qb does not negate the fact that of the 6 games you have played this year you have played a rookie making first start,a 2nd year player making his first start, a terrible Trent Edwards, a rookie making his 4th start, Eli, then a 2nd year guy making his 3rd career start.

so 4 of the 6 players had a COMBINED 8 starts in the nfl.......

Is that the only reason you have won??? absolutly not.

But to down play that as not a big part of the success is also wrong.

ame='falconsd56' date='27 October 2009 - 06:33 AM' timestamp='1256643190' post='5161097']

Listen, I don't like it as much as the next Falcons fan but, downplaying their success is futile at this point!

Its not down playing it...... the fact they do not acknowledge it, THEY are the ones downplaying things.

We have to play a very clean ball game to beat them simply because them beating up on the bad teams/ inexperienced qbs they have played has given them A lot of confidence.

Its just like if the falcons have played Shaun Hill 4 out of 6 games....... there would be legitimate dispute about exactly how good the competition has been.

4 of their 6 have a combined 8 starts

4 of our 6 we have played have won playoff games, two have taken their teams to the superbowl, 1 has won it 3 times.

*actually 5 of our 6 were teams who went to the playoffs w/ their qb, Romo just not won one*

If that scenario was switched, you bet your *** they would be pointing it out........ and like I said it would be a legitimate topic.

They are a good football team..... I just don't think they are AS good as their record indicates, nor do I think their defense is as good as the numbers show.......having said that, its an uphill fight for us we don't need to be perfect, but we need to be as close as possible. Ryan can not make some of the bone head throws he has made the last couple of games.

The Saints handled a very capable and battle tested Eli Manning. The young QB excuse is out of the window and poor.

just keep telling yourself that.

a big reason for the saints success on defense is the fact they have played young qbs.

give the saints offense credit, they are a big reason for that.... they score and put the other team behind the 8 ball.

But just because you have played ONE decent qb does not negate the fact that of the 6 games you have played this year you have played a rookie making first start,a 2nd year player making his first start, a terrible Trent Edwards, a rookie making his 4th start, Eli, then a 2nd year guy making his 3rd career start.

so 4 of the 6 players had a COMBINED 8 starts in the nfl.......

Is that the only reason you have won??? absolutly not.

But to down play that as not a big part of the success is also wrong.

Waaaaaaaaaaaah! Dude you have been saying the same crap for weeks. Its so tired and pathetic. I guess it will all be legit with a victory against matt "jesus" ryan. :rolleyes:

ame='falconsd56' date='27 October 2009 - 11:33 AM' timestamp='1256643190' post='5161097']

Waaaaaaaaaaaah! Dude you have been saying the same crap for weeks. Its so tired and pathetic. I guess it will all be legit with a victory against matt "jesus" ryan. :rolleyes:

Tell me where im wrong.

did those guys all of a sudden become hardened veterans?

use some actual fact to dispute what I have said.

Who gives a **** if Falcon Fans respect us. I HATE them anyway. I hope Payton runs up the score.

Then they can use thier no experience QB ******** again.

Well Ryan has only played a year and a half WANHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

again.........

Am i wrong that you played Stafford in his first nfl game........ or Kolb in his first nfl start.......or trent edwards only making his what 15ht start?....or Sanchez making his 4th nfl start???

Or Henne making his 3rd nfl start??

You say I or other fans are whining when we bring that up , but tell me where its wrong?

Who gives a **** if Falcon Fans respect us. I HATE them anyway. I hope Payton runs up the score.

Then they can use thier no experience QB ******** again.

Well Ryan has only played a year and a half WANHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

and btw the the feeling is mutual *** lick

Sharper is a great Safety, but I think the young QBs is why he's been having such a stellar year so far. The only 2 QBs you've played that were Vets were Eli and Trent Edwards.

Sharper had a pick 6 take off against Eli. But these same rookie QB's had no problem leading their team againts other teams.

never mind any I can make a saints fan look like a fool I am going to

Up first simply because he popped into my head first mr Mark Sanchez

http://www.nfl.com/players/marksanchez/gamelogs?id=SAN091667

Yea He did not struggle with that qb rating of 8 against the bills, or the fact he has completed 60% of his passes only twice all year......

Up next Mr Stafford

http://www.nfl.com/players/matthewstafford/gamelogs?id=STA134157

Actually did a little better then I thought..... but still struggled against the vikes

Hard to knock him too much being the fact he plays for the lions.

So that's strike 2

up next mr Henne

http://www.nfl.com/players/chadhenne/gamelogs?id=HEN507580

Struggled big time against a bad charger defense.... in his defense he had to come in the game cold

He played great against the Jets but was merely a care taker against the bills.... he averaged a whopping 5.3 yards an attempt.....

so thats half a strike

Mr Kolb..........

only started 2 games, he did throw for close yards against the saints, but did have 3 picks ( but 2 tds as well)

His other game is against the Chiefs.....

which have made a lot of qbs look good.

So one out of 4 has not struggled against other teams........

But lets throw in Mr Edwards here fora second.

http://www.nfl.com/players/trentedwards/gamelogs?id=EDW720778

16 of 31 against the BROWNS?

Yea... the saints are the only team that makes young qbs struggle :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

never mind any I can make a saints fan look like a fool I am going to

Up first simply because he popped into my head first mr Mark Sanchez

http://www.nfl.com/players/marksanchez/gamelogs?id=SAN091667

Yea He did not struggle with that qb rating of 8 against the bills, or the fact he has completed 60% of his passes only twice all year......

Up next Mr Stafford

http://www.nfl.com/players/matthewstafford/gamelogs?id=STA134157

Actually did a little better then I thought..... but still struggled against the vikes

Hard to knock him too much being the fact he plays for the lions.

So that's strike 2

up next mr Henne

http://www.nfl.com/players/chadhenne/gamelogs?id=HEN507580

Struggled big time against a bad charger defense.... in his defense he had to come in the game cold

He played great against the Jets but was merely a care taker against the bills.... he averaged a whopping 5.3 yards an attempt.....

so thats half a strike

Mr Kolb..........

only started 2 games, he did throw for close yards against the saints, but did have 3 picks ( but 2 tds as well)

His other game is against the Chiefs.....

which have made a lot of qbs look good.

So one out of 4 has not struggled against other teams........

But lets throw in Mr Edwards here fora second.

http://www.nfl.com/players/trentedwards/gamelogs?id=EDW720778

16 of 31 against the BROWNS?

Yea... the saints are the only team that makes young qbs struggle :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

We get it, we get it. The Saints are overrated! And when they beat the Falcons on Monday, that will make the Falcons... :unsure:

Let's put it this way, I would rather be overrated, but 7-0 with a three game lead in the NFC South than the team that the team that is 4-3, down 3 games in the NFC South and unable to beat the overrated, peaking early Saints.

Edited by theonenotthe2

Its not down playing it...... the fact they do not acknowledge it, THEY are the ones downplaying things.

We have to play a very clean ball game to beat them simply because them beating up on the bad teams/ inexperienced qbs they have played has given them A lot of confidence.

Its just like if the falcons have played Shaun Hill 4 out of 6 games....... there would be legitimate dispute about exactly how good the competition has been.

4 of their 6 have a combined 8 starts

4 of our 6 we have played have won playoff games, two have taken their teams to the superbowl, 1 has won it 3 times.

*actually 5 of our 6 were teams who went to the playoffs w/ their qb, Romo just not won one*

If that scenario was switched, you bet your *** they would be pointing it out........ and like I said it would be a legitimate topic.

They are a good football team..... I just don't think they are AS good as their record indicates, nor do I think their defense is as good as the numbers show.......having said that, its an uphill fight for us we don't need to be perfect, but we need to be as close as possible. Ryan can not make some of the bone head throws he has made the last couple of games.

So are the Falcons better than us? Do we deserve the 4-2 record that your inconsistent team has? We've put up 40+ points in 4 out of 6 games. Are the rookie QB's out there playing safety?? Our defense is leading the league in takeaways, but i guess were just super lucky huh? Quit with the excuses, they are far from valid.

I for one think you deserve to be 6-0. Outside the Colts i don't see a team that is playing better. The other top teams was the Vikings and IMO they could of verily easily have 3 losses so far!

I can appreciate a falcon fan like this. Give respect when it's due. May the better team win Monday :D

So are the Falcons better than us? Do we deserve the 4-2 record that your inconsistent team has? We've put up 40+ points in 4 out of 6 games. Are the rookie QB's out there playing safety?? Our defense is leading the league in takeaways, but i guess were just super lucky huh? Quit with the excuses, they are far from valid.

That will be answered monday night.

Do qbs play safety ??

No but they can put their defense in bad situations....... case in point this past sundays game against the dolphins. Brees turned the ball over 3 teams that gave the dolphins great field position, which lead to most of the dolphins points.

You dont think atleast PART of the success in take aways is not attributed to inexperience to the opposing team??

When you play rookies and guys with not alot of experience they agoing ot make throws that a vetern qb would not make........... Take the Jet game, two of those picks the saints had, were BAD decisions by Sanchez. They were throws a more experienced guy would not make... And yes I know veterans throw ints too, however you look at a guy 6 years in the league vs 2 years in the league and typically the guy 6 years in is going ot have far fewer turn overs.

The saints secondary has made some GREAT plays on the ball.......... but to totally deny the fact inexperience by the guy throwing it shows pure homerness/ignorance.

We get it, we get it. The Saints are overrated! And when they beat the Falcons on Monday, that will make the Falcons... :unsure:

Let's put it this way, I would rather be overrated, but 7-0 with a three game lead in the NFC South than the team that the team that is 4-3, down 3 games in the NFC South and unable to beat the overrated, peaking early Saints.

Hey it was the saints fan who made the incredibly ******** statement, I was just pointing out how wrong he is.

What happens if the falcons beat the saints what does that make the Falcons then, since we are playing hypothetical's?

Try as you guys might like to deny it, The saints have only played one good qb all year.

Hey it was the saints fan who made the incredibly ******** statement, I was just pointing out how wrong he is.

What happens if the falcons beat the saints what does that make the Falcons then, since we are playing hypothetical's?

Try as you guys might like to deny it, The saints have only played one good qb all year.

and after monday it will still only be one

but but its only his second year in the league

Yes... but he also has 18 starts

the 4 youngsters you have played had a combined EIGHT starts.

Not to mention Ryan is a freak of nature when it comes to being a young qb

I have made that point very clear........... maybe if you took the bag off your head you would be able to read.