It's Either Playcalling, or Joey Harrington Has Replaced Ryan

I'm sure there are plenty of stats to use to explain the frustration we all see on offense. I feel like 2007, where I went to every miserable home game (except Houston, and I did like the win against Seattle in week 17). This is much more like a dink and dunk offense, and we might as well have Dunn running into the back of our offensive line with the way Turner has been playing.

But, for reference, even with Roddy's franchise day against San Fran, here's Roddys stats the past 3 years:

Year Team G Rec Yds Y/G Avg Lng YAC 1stD TD KR Yds Avg Long TD PR Yds Avg Long TD Fum FumL

2007 Atlanta 16 83 1202 75.1 14.5 69 5.7 52 6 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 N/A N/A 0 3 2

2008 Atlanta 16 88 1382 86.4 15.7 70 4.4 61 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

2009 Atlanta 6 33 435 72.5 13.2 90 4.9 20 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0

Since it's hard to read, and reading is difficult and frustrating, here's the important stuff:

75 yards per game, 14.5 YPcatch in 2007, with that magical mix of Leftwich, Harrington, and Redman.

86.4 yards per game, 15.7 YPcatch in 2008 with the messiah.

72.5 yards per game, 13.2 YPcatch in 2009 with Mularkey's Opened Up Offense.

14 yards less per game, and 2.5 friggin yards per catch less than last year? With Gonzo opening up the field? I'm not liking this play calling at all, and to be fair, it sucks to watch.

Edited by Spoonmanners

I still don't get the logic in shortening the play book, when Ryan is more experienced and you add Gonzo.

Should be easier to memorize and execute. I think this year he said he was shortening it for what was working for us. Which of course, what worked last year isn't working this year. We need to expand that playbook back.

Should be easier to memorize and execute. I think this year he said he was shortening it for what was working for us. Which of course, what worked last year isn't working this year. We need to expand that playbook back.

Shortening it makes it more predictable. You take away theelement of surprise and make it easier for DC's to game plan and play call. We do need to open it back up.