Looks like Mike Mularkey still has ryan on Chapter 1

So is it just me, or do you guys see the same plays every week.. not only that its only about 10 plays that i see. what happened to ATL opening up the play book for RYAN? Looks like he using the "MY BABY CAN READ " Playbook.

The falcons are so predictable its not funny. there is way too much talent and weapons to go 3-and-out two times in a row not to mention once at all. you know when they are going to run. that package of 2 te 1 wr and 2 rb is not working, and it hasn't all year. Turner had a lot of big runs last year when the OFF was spread out, no they are so Dam bunched its a big clutter by the time he gets the ball.

i don't blame the lack of running on Turner i blame it on the play calling.

to be honest i don't think Mike Mularkey is a good OC. It looks like plays from the early 00' years when he was OC for PITTSBURGH.

message to Mike Mularkey. OPEN UP THE PLAY BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So is it just me, or do you guys see the same plays every week.. not only that its only about 10 plays that i see. what happened to ATL opening up the play book for RYAN? Looks like he using the "MY BABY CAN READ " Playbook.

The falcons are so predictable its not funny. there is way too much talent and weapons to go 3-and-out two times in a row not to mention once at all. you know when they are going to run. that package of 2 te 1 wr and 2 rb is not working, and it hasn't all year. Turner had a lot of big runs last year when the OFF was spread out, no they are so Dam bunched its a big clutter by the time he gets the ball.

i don't blame the lack of running on Turner i blame it on the play calling.

to be honest i don't think Mike Mularkey is a good OC. It looks like plays from the early 00' years when he was OC for PITTSBURGH.

message to Mike Mularkey. OPEN UP THE PLAY BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea he actually made the playbook smaller than last years

Yup, i was about to say that....I have NO idea why he did that....Is our offense really this bad? NO! We have WAY too much talent on this offense to not be top 5 right now in the NFL....The thing is that 1. We can't run the ball effectively. 2. Mularkey is predictable and 3. We haven't been taking chances down the field.

Well it seems like we always start out with Ryan faking to Turner with a bootleg and rolling out to the right for a 5 yard pass to Roddy or Gonzalez.

Most of the pass plays are less than 10 yards...usually 2-7 yards. The Dallas defense was crowding the short area allowing 2 defenders to blanket Roddy or Gonzalez. At least Jenkins didn't tip the ball to a DB for an interception. How many tips for an interception does Jenkins have now for his career, 4?

Hey, at least we didn't draft Ted Ginn. He cost Miami 14 points yesterday.

When I read that Mularkey was shorting his playbook, I knew it would hurt us. I think this is the single most glaring reason why our O is not playing to its full potential. We are very much predictable and way too conservative. We run the same plays out of the same formations, over and over.

We sure have been making it easy for opposing defenses. I believe offensive schemes/playcalling, and the play of our corners are our biggest problems.

Agree with this. Our CB play is terrible and we need to trade for a shutdown corner badly. Also, I don't think the schemes have changed so much as the running game is nonexistant. I don't know what has happened to Turner/running game however, if we don't find it soon, no amount of play calling is going to save us. We need a few screens and the like to slow down the rush but even with that, with teams stacking the box, they won't work if we can't get any yardage on running plays.

Agree with this. Our CB play is terrible and we need to trade for a shutdown corner badly. Also, I don't think the schemes have changed so much as the running game is nonexistant. I don't know what has happened to Turner/running game however, if we don't find it soon, no amount of play calling is going to save us. We need a few screens and the like to slow down the rush but even with that, with teams stacking the box, they won't work if we can't get any yardage on running plays.

Trade deadline is over, and no one trades shut down corners, ever. Playcalling and schemes have most absolutely changed. We have had only one game where we actually threw the ball down the field, and Roddy has a franchise day. Too many short dink/dunk passes, we might as well have kept Joey Friggin Harrington. For instance, White is averaging 2.5 less yards per catch. That isn't the run game. He was averaging more with Joey Friggin Harrington.

It also doesnt help when Ryan is only looking at Gonzalez and no one else until late in the game.

I agree. Gonzo is so dang good and so clutch he doesn't look elsewhere. No reason to chuck the ball down the field when you have Gonzo for a guaranteed (almost) 10 yards. He was supposed to open up the offense, but I think Ryan and Mularkey are relying on him like a clutch and it's hurting our offense overall. It feels like 07: no run game and dink/dunk passing.

It's funny how you all think you have the intelligence and skill of professional quarterbacks and coordinators. If you all are so good at play calling and making reads, why are you not in the NFL?

In other words, stop bashing our players and the play calling. I'm really getting sick of it. Every win you all say "Great game we were awesome". Then every loss I come on here only to find the first poster saying something along the lines of "Our play calling sucks", or "Our running game sucks", or even "Now I hate Gonzales".

As disappointing as it is to say, I think it's time to face the fact that we just aren't a Super Bowl caliber team yet.

That concludes my post, thank you for your time.

Edited by Adema1226

Trade deadline is over, and no one trades shut down corners, ever. Playcalling and schemes have most absolutely changed. We have had only one game where we actually threw the ball down the field, and Roddy has a franchise day. Too many short dink/dunk passes, we might as well have kept Joey Friggin Harrington. For instance, White is averaging 2.5 less yards per catch. That isn't the run game. He was averaging more with Joey Friggin Harrington.

As for the trade, I meant in the upcoming off season. We are stuck with what we have this year unfortunately. However, I still think our passing game this year is being dictated by our lack of a running game. When the other team can ignore the run threat for the most part and sell out on the pass rush, we have no shot at throwing deep. The defenses hit us with stiff blitzes and the DB's play loose zone knowing that Matty won't have time to hit them deep. I think if we can start getting some decent yardage on the ground, then the passing game will open up some.

It's funny how you all think you have the intelligence and skill of professional quarterbacks and coordinators. If you all are so good at play calling and making reads, why are you not in the NFL?

In other words, stop bashing our players and the play calling. I'm really getting sick of it. Every win you all say "Great game we were awesome". Then every loss I come on here only to find the first poster saying something along the lines of "Our play calling sucks", or "Our running game sucks", or even "Now I hate Gonzales".

As disappointing as it is to say, I think it's time to face the fact that we just aren't a Super Bowl caliber team yet.

That concludes my post, thank you for your time.

Now you are being silly here. No one said they hate Gonzo. The problem is that Ryan is not going through his reads at all. He is looking at Gonzo and only Gonzo. If Gonzo isnt open, he either forces the ball or throw it away.

Now you are being silly here. No one said they hate Gonzo. The problem is that Ryan is not going through his reads at all. He is looking at Gonzo and only Gonzo. If Gonzo isnt open, he either forces the ball or throw it away.

Oh... I forgot about all the drops Jenkins has had this season - and all Roddy's TD catches...

I do agree though that he has become a little too confident in Gonzo. I mean Ryan's accuracy is slightly off from last year, and he's taking such risks as throwing into triple coverage to Gonzo. It's hard to see the whole field though on TV, I mean, White and Jenks may be covered who knows. Defenses figured out how to stop Turner, maybe they figured out how to cover Jenks and White most of the time.

And btw I did see someone post that they don't like Gonzo anymore. I don't have a link just because I don't feel like going through page after page of threads just to find it to prove myself. I know I'm right though lol.

Edited by Adema1226

Well it seems like we always start out with Ryan faking to Turner with a bootleg and rolling out to the right for a 5 yard pass to Roddy or Gonzalez.

Most of the pass plays are less than 10 yards...usually 2-7 yards. The Dallas defense was crowding the short area allowing 2 defenders to blanket Roddy or Gonzalez. At least Jenkins didn't tip the ball to a DB for an interception. How many tips for an interception does Jenkins have now for his career, 4?

Hey, at least we didn't draft Ted Ginn. He cost Miami 14 points yesterday.

And what ever happened to the roll outs to the left. Ryan threw great going to his left last yr and I haven't seen a roll out that way all yr. We ran it a lot last yr which is unusual for a right handed QB which helped make it affective. As far as Jenkins, except for that one game, his hands have been solid since the start of last yr. He just had a bad game. Other than that, you are right. Our WR's aren't able to get separation because everything we are running is underneath. NO threat of a deep passing game kills the passing attack and running attack.

I was surprised when I heard that the playbook was smaller this year. They really need to take the cuffs off. Give him everything he can handle. Lean on him, let him carry the team and see how he holds up. Especially in games like yesterday.

Umm we are 4-2 why all the doom and gloom. If you don't like Mularkey then leave we don't need you.

They will be 4-3 next week. I don't think Falcons is good enough to beat the Saints this year. Last year it was a shootout since the Saints D wasn't that good. This year, the Saints D is pretty good.

They will be 4-3 next week. I don't think Falcons is good enough to beat the Saints this year. Last year it was a shootout since the Saints D wasn't that good. This year, the Saints D is pretty good.

i disagree the Saints D gives up a lot of points. the reason the Falcons MIGHT lose this game is because when they fall behind they get REALLLLLLL sloppy and predictable. if they fall behind early its gonna be tough