PFW: Falcons' Norwood Unlikely To Land Extension?

Things could not be going much worse for Falcons RB Jerious Norwood in his contract year. Norwood first missed time with a concussion, and now he says he should be out for at least a few games with a hip injury. Sources told PFW that Atlanta had been seriously considering a contract extension for Norwood last summer, but the change-of-pace back's health issues have become a major obstacle in the negotiations. -- Pro Football Weekly

-----------------------------------------

I love Norwood and he is one of my favorite players. His injuries are killing his chances though :(

Guest The Masked Falcon

I would hate to lose his "instant offense" ability but it is what it is. The guy just can't seem to stay healthy.

Maybe he'll play a real strong 2nd half of the season and put some of these concerns to rest.

Norwood is a special player on the field, and an outstanding teammate and person as well. This may actually keep him here in Atlanta. Had he not been injured some team out there would've offered him starter money and we wouldn't be able to match. Now his value will be lower and I'd guess we value him enough to resign. He's more than a change of pace. He is our 3rd down back. He blocks, runs routes, and totes the rock in important situations. He also is our #2 rb and our #1 is currently underperforming. Did I mention he is a top notch kickoff returner? Its amazing how quickly these boards turn on players.

Norwood is one of my favorite backs in the league, not just the Falcons, but the truth is, if he can't stay healthy it won't just be the Falcons not giving him a contract. I can't think of any team (except Oakland and Detroit, but can we just agree they aren't actually NFL teams?!?!) that would sign someone with his history and frequency of injuries of all types.

Well if he wants to sign for beans, im all for it though I doubt that is the case.

how can Norwood ask for anything other than beans? i mean sure he is an explosive runner and all but that doesnt matter if he cant stay on the field. im all for keeping him if he wants a reasonable contract. im a big Norwood fan but i realize the situation hes in. i just hope it works out

I hate it. Norwood is a good person and a great change of pace back, but hovering between the injury list and IR is no way to help the team. We have way too many injuries as it is.

No, Snelling is not the replacement for Norwood. We need a speed runner to balance our attack.

Things could not be going much worse for Falcons RB Jerious Norwood in his contract year. Norwood first missed time with a concussion, and now he says he should be out for at least a few games with a hip injury. Sources told PFW that Atlanta had been seriously considering a contract extension for Norwood last summer, but the change-of-pace back's health issues have become a major obstacle in the negotiations. -- Pro Football Weekly

-----------------------------------------

I love Norwood and he is one of my favorite players. His injuries are killing his chances though sad.gif

I say we sign Norworrd to a big contract for 6 games a year. That's about al he can muster these days.sad.gif