Falcons - Saints game could produce NFL Rules Change

Bring It

If the Saints beat the Falcons something like 94-17 on Monday night the NFL Rules Committee may introduce, for the first time ever, a MERCY Rule, where if a team is leading by a min. of 75 points the game is suspended to avoid any unnesessary injuries.

Commissioner Roger Goodell will be watching closely.

Guest The Masked Falcon

Did I miss a memo or something?

Since when did we become the Rams or the Bucs?

2 weeks ago we put up 45 points on what was, at the time, considered one of the best defenses in the NFL.

Edited by The Masked Falcon

If the Saints beat the Falcons something like 94-17 on Monday night the NFL Rules Committee may introduce, for the first time ever, a MERCY Rule, where if a team is leading by a min. of 75 points the game is suspended to avoid any unnesessary injuries.

when did you get this way?

Guest The Masked Falcon

when did you get this way?

Hey, this is totally off track. I know I'm a newbie and everything but I saw your thread the other day about your new baby. I just wanted to say congrats and best wishes.

Did I miss a memo or something?

Since when did we become the Rams or the Bucs?

2 weeks ago we put up 45 points on what was, at the time, considered one of the best defenses in the NFL.

^^^^^^

This. +1

Did the Aints beat the Lions by 70?

So we're worse than the Lions now?

Edited by atl falcon 89

If there was a new MERCY Rule to occur, dont you think that it would of happened already when the New England Patriots put up 35 points in the second quarter???!?! (I dont remember the exact number)

You.Sir.Fail.in.Life

Naw if they were ever gonna pass a mercy rule, it woulda been back in the Saint's heydays when their fans had the good sense to wear bags over they faces.

and the federal government is implementing a "rid the stupid bill"... shipping all the idiots to a isolated island... pack your bags!!!

So what what nonsense will you spew if we win?

Seriously, we probalby lose this game, and it still want be the end of the world. The Saints time is now. They've waited patiently and have built a good team. We on the other hand are technically in our second year of rebuilding and have a winning record still. Our time is not now. If you think it is, then you are delusional. I look for our guys to not only compete, but to inflict some damage. We came off an embarrassing performance, and now we have a divisional game. Anything can happen.

The homer in me says Falcons 31 - NO 24. The realist in me says NO 38 - Falcons 24. I want a win badly, but NO is on fire right now, and we are not.

I saw this homeless guy on Forsyth Street singing "Relax" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood while gnawing on a pair of dirty New Balances over the weekend. He reminded me of this thread.

spb.jpg

Are you the waste in the paper bag?