As mad as we all are, you gotta respect Coach Smith

Ice74

No way Pigtrino or Mora saying that,

I liked the part about him saying changes might be made in the secondary,

I am absolutely floored that a 1st rounder, and 2 3rd rounders cant beat out an undrafted free agent from Shippensburg(no offence Brent)

I am hoping Hill or Owens move up the charts

I am absolutely floored that a 1st rounder, and 2 3rd rounders cant beat out an undrafted free agent from Shippensburg(no offence Brent)

I agree, our pass defense looks as horrifying as it did in 2003. And what did Dan Reeves do? He benched the whole secondary, and gave people like Juran Bolden, Todd Mcbride, and Bryan Scott opportunities, they were hungry and starving for a shot. That's what we may need to do now. Except for Decoud, he has earned his spot, but everyone else needs to know they are on the hot seat.

Oh, I respect Smitty.

Lots.

I just feel sorry for the guy. He's trying to make chicken salad out of chicken @#$% !!!

Face it...........we've got lots of mediocre players on our roster. Nice guys. Great team players, etc., but NOT high on the scale of pure TALENT.

They still can and WILL win but it will not be the "norm". With this kind of talent level it takes a lot of good fortune to win.

Let us all hope for good fortune.

Oh, I respect Smitty.

Lots.

I just feel sorry for the guy. He's trying to make chicken salad out of chicken @#$% !!!

Face it...........we've got lots of mediocre players on our roster. Nice guys. Great team players, etc., but NOT high on the scale of pure TALENT.

They still can and WILL win but it will not be the "norm". With this kind of talent level it takes a lot of good fortune to win.

Let us all hope for good fortune.

I agree, we have a second year QB, and he still looked better than a rookie yesterday against a mean pass rush. In 5 years, Matt Ryan can be on a MVP level and this team could be the next Colts over the next decade.

You are an idiot. You are probably part of the 99.9% of atlanta fans that felt that your team was going to BLOW us away. I notice that there is an overwhelming amount of IGNORANCE within the fan base of the falcons, so allow me to help you guys out. WHERE YOU COME FROM, OR WHAT COLLEGE YOU PLAYED FOR HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR PLAYING ABILITIES, AS A CERTAIN QUARTERBACK, WHO HUNG 300 YARDS AROUND YOUR DEFENSE'S NECK SHOULD HAVE TAUGHT YOU THAT. "Hey atlanta, DON'T HATE, APPRECIATE!!!"

I understand why Smitty says he takes "full responsibility" for the players not sustaining their opening fire, but I don't actually believe that full responsibility lies with him .... and I would still respect him just as much if he hadn't said that at all.

I disagree with the 4th and 2 call, no doubt. But just like I can't imagine wanting another QB for this team, I can't imagine wanting another head coach either.

You are an idiot. You are probably part of the 99.9% of atlanta fans that felt that your team was going to BLOW us away. I notice that there is an overwhelming amount of IGNORANCE within the fan base of the falcons, so allow me to help you guys out. WHERE YOU COME FROM, OR WHAT COLLEGE YOU PLAYED FOR HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR PLAYING ABILITIES, AS A CERTAIN QUARTERBACK, WHO HUNG 300 YARDS AROUND YOUR DEFENSE'S NECK SHOULD HAVE TAUGHT YOU THAT. "Hey atlanta, DON'T HATE, APPRECIATE!!!"

Get a LIFE. I capitalized the important part for you to understand. Have fun missing the playoffs again.

HUH??

what does this reply have anything to do with the topic post??

miles Austin was an undrafted player and he's playing way way above first round pick Roy Williams..

miles Austin was an undrafted player and he's playing way way above first round pick Roy Williams..

I can understand 1 guy, but 3 players not being able to beat out 1

thats like saying Tye Hill cant beat out Grimes, but 3 all drafted in the top 3 rounds, sorry but I aint buyin it