Atlanta's Run Game = Epic Fail

I keep hearing and reading the same tired excuses.

• Putting 8 in the box
  • Keying in on Turner
  • Dedicated to stopping the run
  • O-line not getting holes
  • Turner stopping and putting his facemask on the back of his olinesman

So lets discuss, one by one.

1. 8 in the box theory. The Cowboys weren't putting 8 in the box. And even if they were, that should open up a 1 on 1 with RODDY, Jenkins, and GONZO- No defense is going to sell out like that unless they have shutdown corners.

2. Keying in on Turner. I think that if this was the case, regardless of the success that Turner is having, the play-action pass should be nasty. And we should get alot of defenders to bite. This isn't happening.

3. Dedicated to stopping the run. See #1 and #2

4. Oline blocking. The same O-line blocks for Snelling too. And Norwood for that matter.

5. Turner hesitates... This is the difference I think. If you were to take all the numbers off of all the jerseys, and watch Snelling vs Turner. You would be able to tell who was who, just by the explosiveness of hitting the hole.

I welcome a discussion on any of these 5 points.

Everytime I saw Turner run, he seemed to be swamped with defenders pretty quick. A good portion of the hits came around the LOS.

Though, the runs through the tackles were slightly more effective, and the outside running wasnt as bad.

I think it's because of his hesitating. Hesitate for half second, and you get swamped like that. I think the draw plays would have worked, but the blocking wasn't there.

everybody knows that a good play to run against the blitz is the screen pass. We didn't run a single one.

I keep hearing and reading the same tired excuses.

• Putting 8 in the box
  • Keying in on Turner
  • Dedicated to stopping the run
  • O-line not getting holes
  • Turner stopping and putting his facemask on the back of his olinesman

So lets discuss, one by one.

1. 8 in the box theory. The Cowboys weren't putting 8 in the box. And even if they were, that should open up a 1 on 1 with RODDY, Jenkins, and GONZO- No defense is going to sell out like that unless they have shutdown corners.

2. Keying in on Turner. I think that if this was the case, regardless of the success that Turner is having, the play-action pass should be nasty. And we should get alot of defenders to bite. This isn't happening.

3. Dedicated to stopping the run. See #1 and #2

4. Oline blocking. The same O-line blocks for Snelling too. And Norwood for that matter.

5. Turner hesitates... This is the difference I think. If you were to take all the numbers off of all the jerseys, and watch Snelling vs Turner. You would be able to tell who was who, just by the explosiveness of hitting the hole.

I welcome a discussion on any of these 5 points.

dude seriously, 1 positive post is all I ask, you have to be setting a record for spewing negativity in a 24 hour period

I think it's because of his hesitating. Hesitate for half second, and you get swamped like that. I think the draw plays would have worked, but the blocking wasn't there.

Im not exactly a pro football analyst or anything...

but Im not sure if the blame is 100% on Turner here, it's possible he slowed down a little, but I think there's a whole mess of things contributing to the lack of a running game.

I agree with what the announcer for yesterday's game had mentioned when he said Theres something not clicking with the Falcons offense, and they need to just rethink everything and figure out whats wrong.

If you look at the O overall, we should be a very productive offense, but we've just been stuttering as a unit. But I put my trust in our coaches to do the right thing over time and repair whatever it is that is wrong.

Im not exactly a pro football analyst or anything...

but Im not sure if the blame is 100% on Turner here, it's possible he slowed down a little, but I think there's a whole mess of things contributing to the lack of a running game.

I agree with what the announcer for yesterday's game had mentioned when he said Theres something not clicking with the Falcons offense, and they need to just rethink everything and figure out whats wrong.

If you look at the O overall, we should be a very productive offense, but we've just been stuttering as a unit. But I put my trust in our coaches to do the right thing over time and repair whatever it is that is wrong.

I agree with putting the confidence in the coaches. Even though the O playcalling is terrible every week.

We made due last year with a bunch of bums, we had RB's, TE's, Mike Smith's mom out there blocking. BECAUSE WE WANTED TO RUN! We would have ran a goaline formation every game if we had to. This year, we will just take what the D will allow us to do.

If the D will let us run, then we'll run some. But we won't take advantage of it.

If the D will let us pass, then we'll be balanced. But we won't take advantage of it.

We are like Married Guys. We just do, what we are allowed to do, and only in small portions. But we never really DO WHAT WHAT WE WANT TO DO.

You have negativity in your sig. WTF are you talking for?

seriously, you're going to come at me with that, you have been a member since 6:00 yesterday and already have a -12 rep, and havent started 1 positive topic,

I have always questioned BVG, and I call like it like it is, Grimes cant tackle I say something about him not tackling, DeCoud plays a great game, I talk about how he is coming along nicely as our 2nd year FS

I am still waiting for 1 thing positive out of you

Guest The Masked Falcon

I think it's a couple of things:

Number 1: Turner looks heavier to me than he looked last year. He just looks like he's carrying about an extra 10 pounds or so. The guy hasn't forgotten how to run in one offseason. He's just carrying a Honeybaked Ham with him this year.

Number 2: The o-line isn't winning the battle at the line of scrimmage against these better defenses that we are playing. I think Clabo said today that they were getting manhandled yesterday and that it was "inexcusable."

Edited by The Masked Falcon

seriously, you're going to come at me with that, you have been a member since 6:00 yesterday and already have a -12 rep, and havent started 1 positive topic,

I have always questioned BVG, and I call like it like it is, Grimes cant tackle I say something about him not tackling, DeCoud plays a great game, I talk about how he is coming along nicely as our 2nd year FS

I am still waiting for 1 thing positive out of you

Sorry, but I'm trying to have a discussion and I'll no longer reply to your attacks. I'm tired of trolls like you. I want to talk football.

I think it's a couple of things:

Number 1: Turner looks heavier to me than he looked last year. He just looks like he's carrying about an extra 10 pounds or so. The guy hasn't forgotten how to run in one offseason. He's just carrying a Honeybaked Ham with him this year.

Number 2: The o-line isn't winning the battle at the line of scrimmage against these better defenses that we are playing. I think Clabo said today that they were getting manhandled yesterday and that there it was "inexcusable."

D Ware was in the backfield more than Ryan was. I agree with Clabo.

Guest The Masked Falcon

D Ware was in the backfield more than Ryan was. I agree with Clabo.

Yeah, it's hard to get anything going with the pass or run if your o-line is getting beat down almost every play.

You have negativity in your sig. WTF are you talking for?

Atlanta's Run Game = Epic Fail

We should organize a billboard campaign like the did in Buffalo.

Chauncey Davis sucks bad.

I hope Keith Brooking just lost his spot in the Falcon HOF

Another game, where everyone sucked.

43 years into the rebuilding process

Why is it so difficult to get an official weight on Turner?

Let's put a buffet in the end zone... maybe then Turner will run toward it.

Tony Dungee looking like a moron this season...

CincoUno is a classless loser and

Better or not. I loved the 08 Falcons. I loathe 09 team. ??)(really you loathe a 4-2 team

Matt Ryan looked like a Rookie.

those are just a sampling of topics you have started in the last 24 hours

not counting alot of replies

hey Im not the board police, but I think most regulars on this board would like it if you stopped,

go work for the AJC or something

Guest The Masked Falcon

I would have loved to see a screen pass. Or at the very least, a pass to a RB.

I was watching it at a friend's house and we were both saying the same thing. If you don't like Turner's hands throw it out in the flat to Snelling....or if we're just not going to use the screen,(for whatever reason) at least try a couple of draw plays or delayed draws.....