Good Falcon CB

ConnFalcon

Foxworth played great in our system last year. Williams looked pretty good too.

Past that... there were a lot more Websters and Rossums than anything else.

ughh, hate to say this, but Deion.. Ray B was ok, I would take him now in a heart beat, but he wasnt a true shut down, got burnt alot, but made some big plays,

DeAngelo and Ray are the closest, and Bruce Pi..... oh... never mind

I did like Foxworth and Kevin Mathis. D Hall was good.

But the last really good CB we had that was for the entire season would be Ray Buchanan, him and Ashley Ambrose was a nice combo. Other than that it would go back to Sanders...very sad to think we have not had anyone really good (and that has stuck around)in so long.

CB has to be the 1st pick we take in the next draft.

DeAngelo Hall is by far the best CB we have recently drafted.

Give me a break the guy intercepted 17 passes in his 4 years here.. NO Falcon CB has averaged that since Ray Buchanan and we didn't draft him, plus ray ray averaged 5 a yr ovr 7 years, while DeAngelo picked off 4.25 per yr ovr 4, not saying DeAngelo wouldn't have done better, but clearly he was doing very well until he decided to live life like an idiot..

if you disagree that he is the best cb we have recently drafted, because of his actions, yes I can understand that. The guy was flat out cocky and conceded and now its costing him. BUT, he had the some of the best talent and was many fans favorite player while he was here until he screwed up.

There hasn't been a corner to outperform him yet, hopefully one of our young cornerbacks can learn to fulfill that role.

Our last great corner was Ray Buchanan. Deangelo Hall was so overrated. People on this board were in love with him it was actually very funny. Hall was never a shutdown corner, he was a crybaby that didn't make plays. If you look at his 6 int season, watch the highlights, almost EVERY pick he made was "right place right time." He didn't cause turnovers, he just happened to be there on a bad pass or misread by the QB. The only performance I ever really applauded him for was the Eagles opener in 2005.

Our last great corner was Ray Buchanan. Deangelo Hall was so overrated. People on this board were in love with him it was actually very funny. Hall was never a shutdown corner, he was a crybaby that didn't make plays. If you look at his 6 int season, watch the highlights, almost EVERY pick he made was "right place right time." He didn't cause turnovers, he just happened to be there on a bad pass or misread by the QB. The only performance I ever really applauded him for was the Eagles opener in 2005.

Hall regressed later but he was GREAT in 05. He was good early 06 through the first 4 games or so then he started giving up big plays. He was very good for the most part his last year here in 07

The last Really Really Good CB that we had who met all criteria.

Brian Jordan.

Kid was a helluva good player, but ultimately chose MLB over the NFL.

It went like this Jordan played great at his position but was in tandem with

Mr "All about Me" Deion Sanders who always hogged the spotlight.

Hall regressed later but he was GREAT in 05. He was good early 06 through the first 4 games or so then he started giving up big plays. He was very good for the most part his last year here in 07

I'll give you that Hall was good in 2005, but he was not GREAT! Not even close. He was extremely overhyped and overrated due to stats. But he got burned A LOT. He sucks at pressing, he has no man coverage skills, he can't tackle. He was just a lot better than the other corners on our team which really isn't saying much. (Jason Webster, Aaron Beasley, Kevin Mathis) He was never up to the standards of Champ Bailey, Ronde Barber, Chris McCalister, or Rashean Mathis. Those guys were GREAT in those seasons.

Edited by JD dirtybird21

Yeah D hall made SOME good plays, but he was torched many times and the qb would overthrow the reciever or something like that, so i would not call him a very good corner maybe just average.

average corners don t hold steve smith to no catches and make him cry on national tv ala 2006

The best CB this team has had in the last decade was DeAngelo Hall. He played the game with remarkable efficiency. While other corners like Grimes or Houston might let a WR make five 15 yard catches in a row, Hall would accomplish just as much in 20% of the time by giving up a 75 yard TD on the first play.

That way he got to go back to the sideline quicker and tell the TV camaras how he was going to Hawaii or show off his "I own 85" that he had shaved in the back of his head.

Edited by Peyton

^^^^Peyton has jokes...lol

Agree with 4theloveofthegame, we need to draft a CB pretty high....I can't stand Houston and Grimes anymore....Also, I want us to sign a vet CB too in the offseason, someone like Leigh Bodden perhaps?

We have to sign a free agent CB, it is an absolute necessity. Maybe Owens turns into a starter by next year, but we've got nothing else, unless Tye Hill turns out to be all that.

I actually believed in Houston coming into the season, but he seems to be getting worse, not better.

I'll give you that Hall was good in 2005, but he was not GREAT! Not even close. He was extremely overhyped and overrated due to stats. But he got burned A LOT. He sucks at pressing, he has no man coverage skills, he can't tackle. He was just a lot better than the other corners on our team which really isn't saying much. (Jason Webster, Aaron Beasley, Kevin Mathis) He was never up to the standards of Champ Bailey, Ronde Barber, Chris McCalister, or Rashean Mathis. Those guys were GREAT in those seasons.

nope Hall was one among the best 2 or 3 CB's in the NFL in 05. He didn't give up much of anything that year and kept every top WR in check. When Joey Galloway was burning defenses Hall held him to zero catches on his birthday. Hall was the only CB in the league that kept Steve Smith from making a big play everytime they faced. Hall made Smith cry. Smith never made a single big play on Hall. the only close one was when Hall jumped a smoke wr pass and Scott and Carpenter couldn't tackle him. The only other time Smith came close Hall stripped him of the ball out of the endzone for a touchback. Smith was Hall's B***H!

Smith is still able to be tops in the league in receiving every year with Delhomme throwing him the ball so that's no excuse. He's had the same QB throughout all of his glory years so far.

Yeah, but he does throw like 3 ints every game.

and d hall got some of the picks from his pathetic play im sure.

OK OK so DLO owned Steve Smith. I want to know why he couldn't cover Devery Henderson, Roy Williams, Hines Ward, or TO.

Speaking of which, I learned something I didn't know about Hines Ward on Sunday. He hasn't had an ACL in his left knee since he was 9 years old. So that means on that one play against Pittsburg, DLO got outrun by a guy who was missing a shoe and an ACL. That's a rough deal.

I thought D Hall was a good CB. I admit I thought he was gonna be great when we first drafted him and I was a fan of his during his first couple of years here. In my opinion Ray Buchanan was the last great corner we had. I really hope we take a CB with our first pick in the next draft.

Edited by LSFalcon95